Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Think we get away with just learning the 3 for question 6A? Dunno what the shtory is with constructions, never did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

So it's definite that it's only those 3 theorems? :D And it's not all the constructions? Oh this makes me so happy, my teacher did say that she "reckons it'll be one of the three theorems" but, well, I didn't want to take her word cause she's a bit useless :o But if you're all saying it too then it must be true! Yippee! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Hayezer wrote: »
    Think we get away with just learning the 3 for question 6A? Dunno what the shtory is with constructions, never did

6A will be a theorem, construction, enlargement or proof by contra
    6B will probably be one of those awful cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

leaveiton wrote: »
    So it's definite that it's only those 3 theorems? :D And it's not all the constructions? Oh this makes me so happy, my teacher did say that she "reckons it'll be one of the three theorems" but, well, I didn't want to take her word cause she's a bit useless :o But if you're all saying it too then it must be true! Yippee! :D

It's not guaranteed. All of Section 2.1 of the syllabus is examinable in Question 6A. Here's a link: http://www.ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Post-Primary_Education/Project_Maths/Syllabuses_and_Assessment/LC_Maths_for_examination_in_2012.pdf

I'd nearly bet my house that it'll be a theorem though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

I'm only doing Heaney, Kavanagh and Plath. Think I'm being risky?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'm only doing Heaney, Kavanagh and Plath. Think I'm being risky?

I'm learning Plath, and I'm kind of learning Rich and Boland.

For those who want a new look this summer.

I'm going for the beard look. Mainly cause I'm lazy. Just need some glasses now.

It's not guaranteed. All of Section 2.1 of the syllabus is examinable in Question 6A. Here's a link: http://www.ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Post-Primary_Education/Project_Maths/Syllabuses_and_Assessment/LC_Maths_for_examination_in_2012.pdf

I'd nearly bet my house that it'll be a theorem though.

Then what has everyone saying that it'll be one of the three theorems if they're all examinable? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Do ye think that this will be enough for history?
    Ireland 2_ land , home rule and strike and lockout
    Ireland 3_ cnag versus ff, anglo irish relations, northern ireland , ww2
    Usa_ foreign policy 45_72, affluence, civil rights and reagen's presidency.

I hope congo doesn't come up ! Would love france to !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

leaveiton wrote: »
    Then what has everyone saying that it'll be one of the three theorems if they're all examinable? :confused:

Three are examinable. Knowledge of the other stated theorems are also examinable. I can't tell the future so I have no idea what they'll ask but it will PROBABLY be one of the 3 Theorems.

Three are examinable. Knowledge of the other stated theorems are also examinable. I can't tell the future so I have no idea what they'll ask but it will PROBABLY be one of the 3 Theorems.

Oh, okay, I thought the proofs of the other theorems were examinable too, apologies :o That makes a lot more sense now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Guys do you know what? Despite all this shíte that the Leaving, in 19 days I will be finished with the Leaving Cert. FOREVER.. I've covered myself in every way possible with regards failing Maths etc. (which isn't going to happen, I do Pass ffs :rolleyes:) and have the perfect course I want down! This time next year we'll be so content in our lives (regardless if we get 20 points or 625 points as i'm sure many of ye brainiacs will be receiving in August!) And if we don't like the course (which i'm sure won't happen for us) we can just swap it the following year!

I've decided to be Optimistic! What is the Leaving cert anyway? You're sitting in a classroom in the School you've been in the last 5/6 years answering questions you've seen again and again. It's only a few exam questions at the end of the day, and frankly, I say- BRING IT ****IN' ON..

The sooner they start, the sooner they end and we can all just move on into the sunlight (albeit with out laptops as we're all too addicted to boards and the weather is ****e! :P)

BUT WE CAN DO IT! I KNOW WE CAN! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SO PUMPED!!

I've also decided to do Chinese with my Law degree- dynamic or what.. And my Mam thinks it's a good idea so i'm sorted! :P

So Boardsers of 2011-2012, let's look on the bright side!! We can do it! :P Stay confident and we'll all fly it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Optimism: At least repeating only takes one year :cool: :pac:

I'm terrified of not getting what I want personally, but I know I'll get my first choice unless something goes horribly wrong - but I cant be optimistic, I'm too scared! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Patchy~ wrote: »

*ten months

Je vois la vie en rose. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Does anyone have a Frost essay they'd like to send me? Badly need one :(

I can swap for my 50/50 Plath mock essay or tons of Hamlet essays. Or maths help or anything else you'd like really, I just really need to find a Frost essay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Guys, I'd say I'll be repeating next year. I'm still doing virtually nothing. Like I go to study every day from 10 - 4 but it's so unproductive, I spend so much time daydreaming. I don't know why but I actually just can't study. Don't even think I'll get the points for arts at this stage, how embarrassing will that be.

Oh I know I'll get the points needed for my main course. But that doesn't mean it's the points I WANT. Especially if I change my mind.

Patchy~ wrote: »

I'm terrified of not getting what I want personally, but I know I'll get my first choice unless something goes horribly wrong - but I cant be optimistic, I'm too scared! :P

Patchy, you WILL get what you want! And have tons of points left over! Be optimistic in your abilities! And them A's will roll in! Believe me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Guys, I'd say I'll be repeating next year. I'm still doing virtually nothing. Like I go to study every day from 10 - 4 but it's so unproductive, I spend so much time daydreaming. I don't know why but I actually just can't study. Don't even think I'll get the points for arts at this stage, how embarrassing will that be.

You WILL get your points, be optimistic! :) Seriously, I'd say you're well able to get the points you want, just have a bit of faith in yourself for the next couple of weeks and keep the head down - there's a lot to be said for last-minute cramming. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Hopefully :o Pity I cant pull off a PF or two, I value my sleep too much :D Share a few A's with me and I'd be grand :P

Coeur you'll well get arts :) Study from 10-4, 6 hours, is impossible with daydreaming - I'm sure you're getting more done than you realize!

Just try your best Coeur! You're amazing at languages so they'll get you far anyway! And if it doesn't work out- so what? It's no shame at all that you have to repeat, it could be the best decision of your life! And it's DEFINITELY not an embarrassing thing if you don't get an Arts degree- despite people's negativity surrounding them and in some cases pure snobbery, they're still an excellent degree! Everyone's been taught in school by Arts Graduates! Keep the chin up, if it's meant to happen it'll happen, i've no doubt about it!

Daydreaming is my biggest downfall. I probably spend literally 40-80 % of my day daydreaming depending on how bored I am. It's the worst because it's not as if it's something you can take away, like a tv or computer.

And you'll probably do great in the LC, and there's no shame in repeating if you don't, I'm considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I want to do Primary Teaching and should be safe with around 480-490 points.
    But I would loveeeee to hit 500 points :D However if I dont get my A's(Preferably at least an A1 in one) I probably will not get 500 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I really have to get the grades this time round and there's no repeating another year(for me anyway) I just wouldn't do it.
    I still have so much geography and business to go over. And learn a few more English essays.
    I'm so tired with all the learning but there's no point on stopping now.
    Ah and it's 3 days from tomorrow :eek: .
    It's weird this is all coming to an end soon like the final countdown lol.

I tried studying bio (I want to get an A1 in it) And I fell Asleep :/....
    Motivate me please.

Also, is anyone taking berocca etc. to help boost them for the exams. I started a week ago.

I'm actually getting really nervous, and I never get nervous for exams. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Thanks guys. I'm ****ting myself tbh. Does anybody have an aiste on the recession/emigration/poverty that they'd like to share with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Same :/ I'm really scared for English, it can either go really well or really bad. Got a B1 in mocks but then I get C's alot of other times. I should hopefully get my course but I'm getting niggling fears that it's all gonna go wrong :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Question for you French geniuses, and I know ye're out there!

How would you say in French: "We had been chatting for almost all the party"

I can't really get my head around it :o And google translate is saying mad things altogehter :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement