Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I'd say "Nous avions ete (with accents) en train de bavarder pendant presque toute la fete", but its a bit of an odd construction and I'm not 100% sure :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Wesc. wrote: »
    Question for you French geniuses, and I know ye're out there!

How would you say in French: "We had been chatting for almost all the party"

I can't really get my head around it :o And google translate is saying mad things altogehter :P

I think it'd be:

Nous bavardions pendant presque toute la soiree. (We were chatting for almost the whole party.)

or:

Nous avions bavarde pendant presque toute la soiree. (We had chatted for almost the whole party.) I think. :cool: That's as close as I can get so I'd say just pick whichever one you think suits! :)

And there should be an accent on the first 'e' in soiree and in the 'e' in bavarde.

Edit: Actually I prefer Ally7's translation now, it sounds best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Wesc. wrote: »
    Question for you French geniuses, and I know ye're out there!

How would you say in French: "We had been chatting for almost all the party"

I can't really get my head around it :o And google translate is saying mad things altogehter :P

I'll take a stab at this, despite me not being a French genius :P
    'on avait passé presque toute la fête à bavarder' - it kinda translates as it anyway :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Ally7 wrote: »
    I'll take a stab at this, despite me not being a French genius :P
    'on avait passé presque toute la fête à bavarder' - it kinda translates as it anyway :L

That's what I'd say too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Just watched Inside I'm dancing for the Comparative. Movie was so sad.. I cried =(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Some one in my class worked out that the probability of us getting either
    Heaney, Kavanagh or Plath in our English exam was 98%. Don't know how but he's a sound lad so - what's life without risk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

My biggest worry is knowing something then going blank in the exam this happens to me sometimes. I don't think it'll happen , it's just so annoying when it happens then you end up writing a waffley answer. I need specific grades for my course they go by grades not points. If the geography goes well then I know I'll be okay for the others. I should do okay. I've been getting C's with not a lot of study but with study hopefully should bring it to a B1 or even a A . I'm slightly okay for English I just hope paper 1 is okay. I'm not going to be worried I guess I am more prepared than last years leaving .

Some one in my class worked out that the probability of us getting either
    Heaney, Kavanagh or Plath in our English exam was 98%. Don't know how but he's a sound lad so - what's life without risk :D

The probability of one of any three poets coming up is 93% I think. :D If you study four you've got a 98.6% chance of one coming up. ;)

If you take into account how likely those three poets are to come up though, I'd say it's more like 98 or 99%. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Lads Lord of the Rings in on C4-forget about study :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I need 540 and a pass in Maths :D A man can dream can't he? :P

Nerves are kicking in. Especially Maths. Well Project Maths. And if Paper 1 is like last year I'm fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Just don't think about the what if's just focus on getting what you want to achieve. When you start to think about the what if's and have worries it'll just be in the back of your mind. Just keep believing that you can do well and you've studied hard and focus :).

Cheek of them fifth years! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Guys, whats the likelihood of Theme or Issue coming up for the Comparative seeing as it came up last year? There seems to be a reoccuring trend that it is swapped each year! However, in 2008/2009 Theme or Issue appeared both years. Could we be caught out by this trap?
    Almost all of my friends are just learning General Vision & Viewpoint and not touching Theme or Issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Just watched Inside I'm dancing for the Comparative. Movie was so sad.. I cried =(

Do you have the DVD or did you watch it online? Could do with watching it again as "Revision" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

RIP Kathryn Joosten :(

She played Mrs McCluskey in Desperate Housewives incase no one knows.

It was cancer, she was 72.

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Guys, whats the likelihood of Theme or Issue coming up for the Comparative seeing as it came up last year? There seems to be a reoccuring trend that it is swapped each year! However, in 2008/2009 Theme or Issue appeared both years. Could we be caught out by this trap?
    Almost all of my friends are just learning General Vision & Viewpoint and not touching Theme or Issue?
    well tbh gvv and TI are nearly the same imo, so even if it did happen i'd say they'll be grand :)

Queeny closed the new 5th year thread!!

I'm so changing that tag now. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Manic2 wrote: »
    RIP Kathryn Joosten :(

She played Mrs McCluskey in Desperate Housewives incase no one knows.

It was cancer, she was 72.

Awh that's so sad :( I love that episode of Scrubs she was in also

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Ok so I purposely slept all day so I could do this.

At 11:30 I shall start studying, and in the next 12 hours and 30 minutes, I plan on having the full English course covered.

In Hamlet, I'll do Deception, Hamlet's character, the women and comedy
    I'll do Heaney, Kinsella and Rich.
    I will also do GV&V and the theme of Friendship.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Togepi wrote: »
    Queeny closed the new 5th year thread!!

I'm so changing that tag now. <3

We wouldn't want ye freaking out or anything :D

An upgrade just to "sound"??...what do I have to do to get awesome status?!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

At 11:30 I shall start studying, and in the next 12 hours and 30 minutes, I plan on having the full English course covered.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Oh dear god. Good luck!

Well first it was 'pure evil', then it was just 'a tad evil', so it was a fairly big jump up to sound! :pac: And it wasn't just 'sound', it was 'sound like'... Jeez!! :P

Light a candle for us all and you'll reach awesome status. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

If you disguise yourself as me and sit my leaving cert and get 625 points, then and only then will you get awesome status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Martin_94 wrote: »
    If you disguise yourself as me and sit my leaving cert and get 625 points, then and only then will you get awesome status.

Is now a bad time to tell you that in a few years time when you're in college you'll be wishing the exams were LC standard again? :pac: Lemme at it! :P

Jk, you'll totally never face an exam like the LC again...ahem...>_>

I wish I'd done more study from September to March. :rolleyes:

I wish I'd done more study from September to March. :rolleyes:

I wish I'd done more study from September to May.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I wish I'd done more study from September to May.

Ah, touché.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

LET'S DO THIS!!!

I like your style my man

• Advertisement

Ah, touché.

Somebodies gonna say September to June.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement