Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PTheArtist

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I wish I'd done more study from September to May.

I wish these exams started and finished already so that I can have my life back! D:<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I still have no idea what to do with the rest of my life :( Repeating looks like the best option atm :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I still have no idea what to do with the rest of my life :( Repeating looks like the best option atm :(

Nooooo! :P If you're really not sure, take a year out, you could work or whatever and then you'd have loads of monies for college - win win! :D

Edit: Also, that is exactly what I was like last year! :P Except I didn't seriously consider repeating until the start of last September. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

After studying for the best part of 2 years I just want it to end -_- :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

You're not expected to know what you want to do with the rest of your life at this stage! :) Head down for the next few days, do your best, and if you have to take a year out to think about what to do, or to repeat, you'll be all the better off for it when you're in something you're happy with ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

:( I don't think I could bring myself to go through this all again! what did you put down on your cao?

Togepi wrote: »
    Nooooo! :P If you're really not sure, take a year out, you could work or whatever and then you'd have loads of monies for college - win win! :D

I already have money saved for college from my job :( Its just me that's the problem :( Stupid indecision. Its not like I haven't thought about it, its just I need to be sure and i'm not :(
    @rosualt em Actuarial maths, primary teaching , arts

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Same as, I'm thinking I'll study real hard all next year take up HL Maths and aim for 625 and be the school nerd.

Do you really want to trudge through another year though? If not 625, obtain 600. I won't be too disappointed as long as your marks has a six at the start of it.

Cram until the cows come home. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

To those who are repeating, what's it like. Do you have to come in all the time? If I were to repeat could I stay at home and study.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

After many hours of cramming these last few days, it's time to get the exams started! Worried about maths though! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

I wish my laptop, tv, books (Besides from schoolbooks), airsoft bits and bobs and anything with any entertainment value whatsoever spontaneously disappeared so I could focus on nothing other than study.

Everything is insured of course :D

I already have money saved for college from my job :(

Well then turn that frown upside-down! ;) You're better off than most students so. :)
    Its just me that's the problem :( Stupid indecision. Its not like I haven't thought about it, its just I need to be sure and i'm not :(

No one is meant to know what they want to do with their lives at this stage! Loads of people still don't know what they want once they leave college! :) If you were 100% certain what you wanted to do it'd be a bit weird to be honest. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

I wish my laptop, tv, books (Besides from schoolbooks), airsoft bits and bobs and anything with any entertainment value whatsoever spontaneously disappeared so I could focus on nothing other than study.

My biggest distraction is food.

Sit down to study. "Oh, I'll just make a sandwich first." :rolleyes:

To those who are repeating, what's it like. Do you have to come in all the time? If I were to repeat could I stay at home and study.

Am well I took a couple of study days all year, but I came in right until the end! You could take a few days off I'm sure, but not too many like. It's grand really, loads of time in the library to get stuff done, hardly any homework (although I could've done with some!) and the teachers treat you more like you're an adult, which is nice. :D The negatives are just having most of your friends off in college while you're back studying for the Leaving. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Is anyone else getting this horrible feeling where even though you've been preparing for so long, and on some level you know you've done everything, you keep getting this oh-my-god-I-know-nothing-I'm-not-ready feeling? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

PM me your address.. I could make them "spontaneously disappear" :cool:

Well then turn that frown upside-down! ;) You're better off than most students so. :)
    No one is meant to know what they want to do with their lives at this stage! Loads of people still don't know what they want once they leave college! :) If you were 100% certain what you wanted to do it'd be a bit weird to be honest. :P

better off money wise not study wise though. I shouldn't have worked the last few years. My fault.
    Yeah my sister is a prime example of what you said up there :L guess thats why I want to be so sure. :o I'm just planning to get through the exams and see in August. :( such a crap plan but eh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'd sooner die than repeat to be honest. These exams need to start and finish already. COME AT ME LEAVING CERT.

Am well I took a couple of study days all year, but I came in right until the end! You could take a few days off I'm sure, but not too many like. It's grand really, loads of time in the library to get stuff done, hardly any homework (although I could've done with some!) and the teachers treat you more like you're an adult, which is nice. :D The negatives are just having most of your friends off in college while you're back studying for the Leaving. :cool:

Yeah, I'm just thinking If I study really hard next year I could do an awful lot better, I really regret not doing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I hate going to sleep knowing that there's another long day of study ahead and the day goes by so slow.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm just thinking If I study really hard next year I could do an awful lot better, I really regret not doing more.

You'll always feel that way though, no matter how much you do. I'd say get your results first and then start considering it.

Is anyone else getting this horrible feeling where even though you've been preparing for so long, and on some level you know you've done everything, you keep getting this oh-my-god-I-know-nothing-I'm-not-ready feeling? :(

It's weird, the subjects I am most prepared for and can do really well in I'm most nervous for. I'm just worried I'll forget the stuff on the day or run out of time.

better off money wise not study wise though. I shouldn't have worked the last few years. My fault.
    Yeah my sister is a prime example of what you said up there :L guess thats why I want to be so sure. :o I'm just planning to get through the exams and see in August. :( such a crap plan but eh :rolleyes:

I'd say you'll do better than most people who haven't worked a day in their lives! Seriously. :)

Ugh, damn siblings! Two of mine kind of influenced me to repeat - one by saying if he could go back in time he'd repeat, and the other by, well, repeating. :P You have all summer to think about things anyway. :)

Togepi, how did you do last year, if you don't mind me asking?

You'll always feel that way though, no matter how much you do. I'd say get your results first and then start considering it.

Exactly. If I repeated again next year (not a noootion of doing that!), I could do a lot better. :cool: C'est la vie! :P
    Togepi, how did you do last year, if you don't mind me asking?

435. At first I thought I was happy enough with that, even though I'd expected a little higher (predicted an absolute minimum of 420...), but then I realised I was fairly disappointed, purely because I could've done better if I'd worked harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Absolutely. Thus, you must maintain a spirit of confidence, lulled by your conscience reminding you that you've prepared for a long time.

435. At first I thought I was happy enough with that, even though I'd expected a little higher (predicted an absolute minimum of 420...), but then I realised I was fairly disappointed, purely because I could've done better if I'd worked harder.

Ah, I see! And do you feel any better about it this year?

I'd consider repeating next year if I didn't get my points (which is likely at this stage :rolleyes: ) but I did Transition Year and 7 years just seems like a lifetime. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I know I'm the same. I mean theoretically I think I've done as much as I can, but still theres that holy **** what if the paper 1 essay titles are ****e feeling :S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

In the place I was in I had half day on a Monday and Wednesday finishing at 1pm and the classes are all an hour long. They also have study areas in the place. I found it easier to study as I didn't have any pointless classes such as religion or pe or those talks. It's all just focused on the subjects you're doing.
    It was great having those two half days. I'd study a few subjects but I didn't start properly until April . I'd just focus on whatever material we were doing in class. A few people left the place to study at home. Repeating isn't as bad as it sounds at the time. And it's only a year and you have everything covered already so it's not so bad.

• Advertisement

Ah, I see! And do you feel any better about it this year?

I'm feeling more optimistic for everything except English, which you'd think I'd be prepared for seeing as so little of the course has changed! :rolleyes:
    I'd consider repeating next year if I didn't get my points (which is likely at this stage :rolleyes: ) but I did Transition Year and 7 years just seems like a lifetime. :p

I didn't do transition year because I didn't like the year below me. :P (In fairness that's why most people in our year didn't do it!) Slightly ironic joining them this year, but sure! It's not that long. :) Three of the repeats in our school did transition year, and one took a year out too before repeating!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement