Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Munster07

I went into school yesterday to collect my graduation picture..complete wrong time to collect it..all the other years were racing out the door shouting "SUMMER!"
    Leaving Cert..please hurry up and be over already! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    I'd say you'll do better than most people who haven't worked a day in their lives! Seriously. :)

Ugh, damn siblings! Two of mine kind of influenced me to repeat - one by saying if he could go back in time he'd repeat, and the other by, well, repeating. :P You have all summer to think about things anyway. :)

Thanks for saying that. It means a lot :')
    I know! Ugh I can never study when they're around :rolleyes: My sister has encouraged this no repeating attitude in my family since she repeated. Always maintained she shouldn't have and that she would have been happier if she taken her first round offer. :o And that's why all year i've said i'd be happy with whatever I get. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

At this point, it is best to calm your nerves and anticipate a fair paper which allows you to feature all of your hard work. Do the best you can, August will speak for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Munster07

What does one do when your not satisfied with you CAO application at this late stage? I just can't find anything that appeals to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Does anyone know how much we're likely to go up from mocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Martin_94 wrote: »

Depends entirely on the person. A friend of mine went down by ten points, another up by 75... :rolleyes:

You could go down. Mocks are just a general indicator and do not base your leaving cert grade.

reznov wrote: »
    You could go down. Mocks are just a general indicator and do not base your leaving cert grade.

People generally go up though, but thanks for the motivation. Must not get complacent!

If I went down from the mocks, I think I would cry.

People generally go up though, but thanks for the motivation. Must not get complacent!

If I went down from the mocks, I think I would cry.

People who maintain work ethic go up. Those who sit around learning little can easily drop a grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Lads, all this talk of repeating would make any passerby reading this thread nervous! :pac: Everyone calm down! At this stage you either have the work done or your gonna cram like f**k over the next few days. But either way I have no doubt that every boardsie will be happy come August. So what if you have to repeat? Leaving Cert's mad craic anyways :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

All depends on yourself, how much work you did etc. For example I put in a fair but more work and hope to go from 290 to 390+.

Most people I know though that scored in the 200s in their mocks but had the ability to get higher went up to around 350-400 points with little or no extra work, just going to school and revising there and the likes.

I wish I was one of those lucky, lucky people. :P I just hope that when I get my results I'll feel more content than they will because I'll have known that I gave it my best shot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Munster07 wrote: »
    What does one do when your not satisfied with you CAO application at this late stage? I just can't find anything that appeals to me!

Spanish and economics is on mine at number 9 for some unknown reason but I've no idea what to replace it with :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Munster07 wrote: »

You have until July 1st to change it around as much as you like, so after you finish up the exams, you have at least a week to do some research. If you can't find anything at all you like, you could look into PLC courses or taking a year out to reapply next year if you settle on something?

People who maintain work ethic go up. Those who sit around learning little can easily drop a grade.

If I had maintained my previous work ethic I'd have been doomed, luckily I've done a fair bit this last month or two.

If I had maintained my previous work ethic I'd have been doomed, luckily I've done a fair bit this last month or two.

Then your only way is up pointwise.

Then don't worry! You're just gonna give yourself grey hairs worrying about not getting your points and repeating! If you've upped your work rate since the mock then it's fairly unlikely your points will go down! :)
    Shít, Reznov beat me to it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Lads, all this talk of repeating would make any passerby reading this thread nervous! :pac: Everyone calm down! At this stage you either have the work done or your gonna cram like f**k over the next few days. But either way I have no doubt that every boardsie will be happy come August. So what if you have to repeat? Leaving Cert's mad craic anyways :cool:

Sorry, I know i'm being extremely negative thinking bout repeating, but at this stage its the only thing that calms me down.

Lads sometimes I feel like going into the 5th year thread and saying "haha you're next" but that would be mean :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I can imagine myself going down a bit, idk. I didnt do as well as I'd like to have in some things like English, Geography and Business; I got a B1 and want an A2, a B1 and want an A2; a B3 and want a B2 so its not too bad. I cant improve French, I got the A1, so it can only go down (but I'll be disgusted if it does). Maths I hope to go up a grade to a C2 but once again, I dont really know if I expected the C3. I got an A2 in Irish but that mock was eeeeeasy, and I always wanted just a B1 - aiming at a B2 just so I dont end up disappointed. :P

525 is what I got and my absolute maximum I can imagine getting is 555, with 530 being the realistic maximum. So yeah, not an easy job. >_>

I'll share the secret to 625:

Break into the Athlone examination commission centre and "borrow" the papers. But be polite, don't smash any glass. Dig a hole underneath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

There is no way I'm going down from the mocks! Onwards and upwards. ;) (Lolz that seems like something rezov would say.) :pac:

Seriously though, I tend to do zero work up until the mocks and then start working some time after that, so it's really unlikely that I'd drop in points, especially when I was disappointed with my mocks anyway! PLUS, there's the project and oral work to bring me up a bit. Hopefully I'll go up as much as I want anyway. :)

OPTIMISM!! :D

• Advertisement

Does anyone remember the tv show "Dino Babies". I remember watching the show when I was younger during the summer. I watched it everyday.
    It was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

I'll share the secret to 625:

Break into the Athlone examination commission centre and "borrow" the papers. But be polite, don't smash any glass. Dig a hole underneath!

Then, before you get caught, share the papers with some of the wonderful people here on Boards. :D

Sorry, I know i'm being extremely negative thinking bout repeating, but at this stage its the only thing that calms me down.

Lads sometimes I feel like going into the 5th year thread and saying "haha you're next" but that would be mean :pac:
    I know how you feel.. had the same little panic attack last week but then I just reminded myself that they're only exams. The death of my friend today really put everything into perspective.. There's so much more to life! I know it's natural to be nervous about exams, hell we all are, but they're not going to determine your life, despite what everyone says! Even if you miserably fail every aspect of the Leaving you can still succeed in life if you want it bad enough.. Education isn't everything! Anyways, everyone on this forum will do class, the work ethics unreal :) Dunno where that came out of but.. yeah! :pac:

Then, before you get caught, share the papers with some of the wonderful people here on Boards. :D

Who implied anything about getting caught red handed?

Mesmerise Gardai with your expert knowledge of Hamlet. Make make the escape like Jessica did in the Merchant of Venice. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Omg, I forgot all about the Merchant of Venice. :L

Does anyone remember the tv show "Dino Babies". I remember watching the show when I was younger during the summer. I watched it everyday.
    It was class.

Holy s**t, forgot this show even existed! Anyone remember this? :p

Alright peeps, "Goodnight, sweet princes/princesses... For the flights of exhaustion carries me to slumber".

Maintain the 625 spirit.
    We're the first LCers in history who can get more than 600 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Are the papers not in the school already just locked away?
    I remember my other school getting them in but they were like locked up in a safe or something.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Omg, I forgot all about the Merchant of Venice. :L

Merchant of Venice > Hamlet

• Advertisement

I know how you feel.. had the same little panic attack last week but then I just reminded myself that they're only exams. The death of my friend today really put everything into perspective.. There's so much more to life! I know it's natural to be nervous about exams, hell we all are, but they're not going to determine your life, despite what everyone says! Even if you miserably fail every aspect of the Leaving you can still succeed in life if you want it bad enough.. Education isn't everything! Anyways, everyone on this forum will do class, the work ethics unreal :) Dunno where that came out of but.. yeah! :pac:

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.

Your right, they are just exams in the end of the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement