Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

reznov wrote: »
    Merchant of Venice > Hamlet

Romeo and Juilet is the best :P
    Parting is such sweet sorrow and such :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

How I wish maths paper 2 were more like paper 1. Just answered every question on the 2007 paper with 20 minutes to spare, a repeat of that would make my life on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Alright peeps, "Goodnight, sweet princes/princesses... For the flights of exhaustion carries me to slumber".

Maintain the 625 spirit.
    We're the first LCers in history who can get more than 600 :P
    Didnt an A1 in HL maths or chemistry used to be worth 200 points? :P
    Merchant of Venice > Hamlet
    God no. I guess its because having my JC teacher was like being taught by a bar of soap but I never want to hear "Shylock - a complex character" in my life again. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Holy s**t, forgot this show even existed! Anyone remember this? :p

Completely forgot about the morbegs, never understood it. Two big hairy [EMAIL="b@stards"]b@stards[/EMAIL] and an old woman and a tree. Mad Stuff!

I do OL Maths and need a B3. I finish paper 1 in 45-60 minutes. I usually get between 70-80, but the odd time I get below. I'm thinking about doing it out two maybe three times on the day just to make sure. I only do 6 questions and I only really know them 6, do you think it'd be worth my while learning another one, or should I just do the 6 and answer them 2 or 3 times over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Completely forgot about the morbegs, never understood it. Two big hairy b@stards and an old woman and a tree. Mad Stuff!
    Sure Tommy Tiernan was in it.. that's good enough for me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ismiseaoife

Is anyone else here from a pilot school?
    Project maths paper 1 makes me want to cryyyy :(

I do OL Maths and need a B3. I finish paper 1 in 45-60 minutes. I usually get between 70-80, but the odd time I get below. I'm thinking about doing it out two maybe three times on the day just to make sure. I only do 6 questions and I only really know them 6, do you think it'd be worth my while learning another one, or should I just do the 6 and answer them 2 or 3 times over.

No point learning another question at this stage I'd say, you're probably better off focusing on the ones you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I have had one meal and five cigarettes today, I'm going to be studying until at least 3 am and I'm getting up at nine to go pen shopping. My life is a shambles.

Also I just misread the timetable and had a minor freakout because I thought we had all the maths, english and Irish papers next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

^ Pen shopping evokes such tuff decisions. Blue? Black? Quad coloured clicky pen?

Tomorrow (or rather today) I plan on drawing anything and everything that can come up in geography so I won't be strung out drawing for the first time

Also does anyone know in relation to sketch maps and what you're asked to sketch, does anything specifically HAVE to be in the sketch like roads, rivers, N|S|E|W etc ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Merchant Of Venice was a masterpiece! compared to Hamlet... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Merchant Of Venice was a masterpiece! compared to Hamlet... :D

This is why I like YeahFaoiSin. The guy has an exquisite academic taste. :cool:

I want the days of 200 points chem and Maths to return. :(
    Daily I open both books and experience a rude injustice of not being rewarded enough for my plight.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Anyone have any simple explanation for chemistry experiements of why you use the indicator you use? Like why methyl orange or why phenolphthalein? Or is it just a matter or learning them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

If its only a b3 that you are after then I would stick with the 6 questions. Which ones have you prepared?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Would did short story be too predictable or boring?
    I have one written but I can't think of a good climax which is strong enough.
    I was thinking of maybe writing about a boy who is a good swimmer but afraid of the deep end or diving then the next day he's passing a river or he's by the beach hears a scream and dives in and saves them and sees that life is about taking chances. Not sure if the person he saves will die or not.
    Then the next day he has the courage to dive from the diving board in to the very deep water.

Would that story be effective? Is the climax clearer?
    I haven't written it yet this idea just randomly came to my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Hayezer wrote: »
    Anyone have any simple explanation for chemistry experiements of why you use the indicator you use? Like why methyl orange or why phenolphthalein? Or is it just a matter or learning them off?

I would just learn them off. I am sure there is a summary for them in your book or online. You will find that some indicators are used again for different experiments :)

It depends on the type of titration.

strong acid/strong base: methyl orange or phenolphthalein
    strong acid/weak base: methyl orange
    weak acid/strong base: phenolphthalein

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

finality wrote: »
    It depends on the type of titration.

strong acid/strong base: methyl orange or phenolphthalein
    strong acid/weak base: methyl orange
    weak acid/strong base: phenolphthalein

SASBANY
    SAWBMO
    WASBPH

:')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

This is why I like YeahFaoiSin. The guy has an exquisite academic taste. :cool:

I want the days of 200 points chem and Maths to return. :(
    Daily I open both books and experience a rude injustice of not being rewarded enough for my plight.

Hamlet has so many flaws, it's as if it was writen by three different people :rolleyes:

Hamlet has so many flaws, it's as if it was writen by three different people :rolleyes:

The inconsistency of Horatio is startling! But it adds to the mysterious vibe one may get after further analysis, leading to conspiracy theories.

• Advertisement

Oh god I dont know what I did but my eyes are so red and stingy and I look high and I can barely keep them open to study UGH ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

So the boyfriend practically broke up with me this morning. 3 days before the exams. I love my life.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Oh god I dont know what I did but my eyes are so red and stingy and I look high and I can barely keep them open to study UGH ;_;

Your appearance reminds me of an individual who's just so high off the LC. :cool:

Your appearance reminds me of an individual who's just so high off the LC. :cool:
    Hey, what can I say? It's too exciting, my brain cant handle it maaaaaaaan :cool:

SASBANY
    SAWBMO
    WASBPH

:')

But how do I know if it's a strong acid/weak acid etc etc!! Likng the acronym though :)!

Raeone wrote: »
    If its only a b3 that you are after then I would stick with the 6 questions. Which ones have you prepared?

I'm going to do it out 2 times, maybe 3. Just to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

But how do I know if it's a strong acid/weak acid etc etc!! Likng the acronym though :)!

Strong acids will always be either hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid or nitric acid. Anything else (e.g. ethnanoic acid) is weak :)

Then strong bases are always either sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide or calcium hydroxide (I THINK the last two have hydroxide in the name... it'll be calcium and potassium somethingorother if not :o) and again, anything else is a weak base.

If you're confused between what actually is an acid and what is a base, remember my chemistry teacher's handy advice: "You'll know an acid... because it has acid in the name... and bases don't" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Would did short story be too predictable or boring?
    I have one written but I can't think of a good climax which is strong enough.
    I was thinking of maybe writing about a boy who is a good swimmer but afraid of the deep end or diving then the next day he's passing a river or he's by the beach hears a scream and dives in and saves them and sees that life is about taking chances. Not sure if the person he saves will die or not.
    Then the next day he has the courage to dive from the diving board in to the very deep water.

Would that story be effective? Is the climax clearer?
    I haven't written it yet this idea just randomly came to my mind.

I think that's a nice storyline. It's different and not completely obscure.

leaveiton wrote: »
    Strong acids will always be either hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid or nitric acid. Anything else (e.g. ethnanoic acid) is weak :)

Then strong bases are always either sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide or calcium hydroxide (I THINK the last two have hydroxide in the name... it'll be calcium and potassium somethingorother if not :o) and again, anything else is a weak base.

If you're confused between what actually is an acid and what is a base, remember my chemistry teacher's handy advice: "You'll know an acid... because it has acid in the name... and bases don't" :pac:

Thank you my man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Thank you my man!

*WOman :p

Had a dream last night that I was in the exam hall waiting for English P1 to be handed out. So the examiner handed out the papers, but she handed out the History paper. We were all saying "No, it should be English" but she told us there'd been a last minute change. So half the hall were freaking out cause they hadn't studied history yet and the other half were like "Um, we don't do history..." but we all had to do the paper anyway :p But then it turned out grand, it was basically like JC CSPE. There was even a poster :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement