Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    A Boardsie can dream. :')
    We sure can :') Some day Togepi.... some day
    reznov wrote: »
    A fishmonger? Or just a mong?

:pac:

Fishmonger :P
    Studying or lack of has driven me a bit mad ... but there is a method to my madness ... I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

On the topic of Short Stories anyone wanna read mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Quick question on Hamlet:

Is deception the same as corruption?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I will! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

I will! :)
    Cool. PM comin at ya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I'm wiling to read. But I'll reply in the evening as I'm busy at the moment.

HistoryKitten, you're a smiling, damned villain. I will cease your existence when you are in the incestuous pleasure of your bed, or in rage, or at a game swearing or about some other activity which hath no relish of salvation in it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Hayezer wrote: »
    Where did the phrase 'as mad as a hatter' come from ;). Junior Cert science teacher told us this!

People used to get mercury poisoning from hats and went mad. How do I know this??

Also I've been reading the notes with my English papers, and apparently you shouldn't curse. Three of my Inside I'm Dancing quotes fave fuck in them, ohoho

Going to be serious for a moment. I'm a bit lost with the comparative. We never really did it in class and only one essay on it :(
    So basically I need a crash course on the comparative :o anyone willing to help ?
    Reznov Why, look you now, how unworthy a thing you make of me. You would play upon me; you would seem to know my stops; you would pluck out the heart of my mystery; you would sound me from my lowest note to the top of my compass; and there is much music, excellent voice, in this little organ, yet cannot you make it speak. 'Sblood, do you think I am easier to be played on than a pipe? Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, you cannot play upon me.
    I will speak daggers to you but use none :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

finality wrote: »
    That might not be the best strategy, you might end up rushing to get the questions done quickly so you can do them twice and maybe misread something as a result.

What I do is mark off any questions I'm absolutely certain I got right and circle the hardest ones, and then at the end go back over the ones I wasn't 100% certain of, giving priority to the circled questions. That way there's no wasting time doing the easy questions again.

Yeah I'll make sure I read them correctly, that's actually where I lose most marks, just stupid mistakes. I might just do the B and C parts out again. But I'll definitly take my time first time doing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Going to be serious for a moment. I'm a bit lost with the comparative. We never really did it in class and only one essay on it :(
    So basically I need a crash course on the comparative :o anyone willing to help ?

Whats texts are you doing? I'm good with the comparative if you want help. Just pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

What are your texts?

Whats texts are you doing? I'm good with the comparative if you want help. Just pm me.
    What are your texts?

Inside I'm Dancing, Dancing at Lughnasa and How many miles to Babylon

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

For anyone doing ordinary level English, are we meant to have studied three texts for the comparative? We only did two for it (Inside i'm dancing and Sive) :eek:. Also how do I go about answering the part (b)'s of the comparative?:o
    Can somebody PM me please. Im freaking out here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Oh my god guys, I know I haven't been on here for a few days, but I've a good reason...

went out on Wednesday night for a few pints to celebrate after our leaving cert mass. obvs a few pints quickly turned into more than few, ended up down at a beach party tanked as f**k, just yaknow, doing drunk things, burning tyres and such. at some point I decided I needed to go home and told someone I was goin to the top of the road to ring a taxi (even though I have no fúcking phone :rolleyes:), somewhere between the top of the road and the beach I fell, hard. Long story short woke up the next morning with a heffer of a hangover, my face smashed up as hell, big chip on my tooth, couldn't see f**k all because I cut my eye. Took me 4 days (til this morning) to see again, and my face is still pretty cut up like. nasty to look at, I can see fine and the dentist (shes amazing) says its gona take six months to fix up my tooth. I was picked up by some fella who lives down beside the beach at 6 in the morning, half naked lying at the side of the road. I owe him a lot really. still cant believe I lost 4 days of studying right before the leaving cos I couldn't handle my drink tho, jesus I do feel like a tit :L Still...
    yolo

t8e2da3_trollface.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I actually knew the spoiler had yolo under it before I even looked at it :P

Were your parents not livid with you? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

I do, I do, I do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Oh my god guys, I know I haven't been on here for a few days, but I've a good reason...

went out on Wednesday night for a few pints to celebrate after our leaving cert mass. obvs a few pints quickly turned into more than few, ended up down at a beach party tanked as f**k, just yaknow, doing drunk things, burning tyres and such. at some point I decided I needed to go home and told someone I was goin to the top of the road to ring a taxi (even though I have no fúcking phone :rolleyes:), somewhere between the top of the road and the beach I fell, hard. Long story short woke up the next morning with a heffer of a hangover, my face smashed up as hell, big chip on my tooth, couldn't see f**k all because I cut my eye. Took me 4 days (til this morning) to see again, and my face is still pretty cut up like. nasty to look at, I can see fine and the dentist (shes amazing) says its gona take six months to fix up my tooth. I was picked up by some fella who lives down beside the beach at 6 in the morning, half naked lying at the side of the road. I owe him a lot really. still cant believe I lost 4 days of studying right before the leaving cos I couldn't handle my drink tho, jesus I do feel like a tit :L Still...
    yolo

t8e2da3_trollface.jpg

Ahahah beautiful ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Wesc. wrote: »

Were your parents not livid with you? :P

I think I was that bad that they knew that they would only make things worse by going mad at me. :P My dad actually doesn't know yet because he lives apart from us :o I have a lot of study done already tho so hopefully it'll stand by me. I'm going to start studying properly again at 5 and go until 10. And there might be a silver lining to all this, my teeth used to be very protruding but they've been kind of... "corrected" by the fall :pac: Apart from the little chip out of one of them. And my principal says I can be given extra time in my exams, which would be absolutely amazing for English and especially History. Def not drinking for a long time though, I rarely drink but next time I do it it's definitely going to be a few quiet pints and I'll be staying away from rocky beaches.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Anyone willing to read a short story for me? :/ :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Ye I will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Wesc. wrote: »

So did I!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

What would be people recommend for the Composition question for someone who has never answered one apart from the mocks? I did a story for the mocks and got 76 and I was wondering what is considered the best option? :D

I'll read it :).

I have two short stories written but I don't know if I should change from the first one and stick to the second one I have. They can both be easily adapted to fit the titles. Anyone want to read it and tell me which is the better one of the two?

Raeone wrote: »
    David1994 wrote: »
    Ye I will :)

Thanks, they're sent! :)

I'll read it :).

I have two short stories written but I don't know if I should change from the first one and stick to the second one I have. They can both be easily adapted to fit the titles. Anyone want to read it and tell me which is the better one of the two?

Sure! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Sure, have you them scanned?
    Should I be preparing a short story/composition now to write on the day:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement