Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Hayezer wrote: »
    Probably seen that, absolute god

And the epic remix

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

w7xj1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Ye have me all worried about the composition now, I was planning on just doing a speech or something but I don't know if i should have a plan now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    And the epic remix

Hahaha the second one is brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Eathrin wrote: »
    Patchy, lend me your wisdom:(
    Sadly there are people in this thread who I think beat me. That 'read my essay?' thread really put me to shame. :P

Heres what I'm doing - I'm learning the 5 or 6 stories that got me 90+, and I'm learning a list of big, fancy words for the entire P1 and P2 - e.g. rather than say 'people were whispering' I'd say something like "The soft susurrus surrounding me was hard to ignore", much fancier ;) Describe everything to get some nice language marks - I found out in time that's much better than dialogue. Dont try to condense a novel into 6 pages, choose one event and capture it perfectly.

I'm also learning a few descriptive paragraphs I've come up with randomly but havent put into stories yet. They mightnt be great but I like them :) This is one I have typed out
    She walks in from the rain, her skin saturated and her clothes wringing. She’s shivering. Her hair is matted to her head but as it falls toward her chest it twists and turns chaotically, not too dissimilar to the branches of a tree - if, perhaps, that tree had been blasted by a hurricane and was left standing by a lone stroke of serendipity.
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm really, really praying that I can fit in a learned off story somewhat because in my mocks I didnt and lost tons of purpose marks for barely missing the point :( I don't write well under pressure and I'd be surprised if anyone can be creative enough for an A in that situation.

This went on a bit longer than planned, sorry, just wanted to be as helpful as I could. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Me on Thursday if Plath comes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Sadly there are people in this thread who I think beat me. That 'read my essay?' thread really put me to shame. :P

Heres what I'm doing - I'm learning the 5 or 6 stories that got me 90+, and I'm learning a list of big, fancy words for the entire P1 and P2 - e.g. rather than say 'people were whispering' I'd say something like "The soft susurrus surrounding me was hard to ignore", much fancier ;) Describe everything to get some nice language marks - I found out in time that's much better than dialogue. Dont try to condense a novel into 6 pages, choose one event and capture it perfectly.

I'm also learning a few descriptive paragraphs I've come up with randomly but havent put into stories yet. They mightnt be great but I like them :) This is one I have typed out

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really, really praying that I can fit in a learned off story somewhat because in my mocks I didnt and lost tons of purpose marks for barely missing the point :( I don't write well under pressure and I'd be surprised if anyone can be creative enough for an A in that situation.

This went on a bit longer than planned, sorry, just wanted to be as helpful as I could. :pac:

Where are you learning the fancy words from, is there any good websites.

Not really, I just learned most from Sylvia Plath's journals or reading short stories online and looking up new words to be honest. There's a few Twitter accounts who make amazing tweets too, I'd be lost without them :')

Me if I do well in the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I'm actually nearly crying laughing at these cat videos. :o

WHY AM I LOOKING AT CAT VIDEOS MY LEAVING CERT'S IN 3 DAYS.

• Advertisement

Wesc. wrote: »
    I'm actually nearly crying laughing at these cat videos. :o

WHY AM I LOOKING AT CAT VIDEOS MY LEAVING CERT'S IN 3 DAYS.

Could be far worse, you could be the one posting them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Only did an hour of study today :(

Better cram harder tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Anyone thinking of bringing food into the exams? I want to bring in something small for the likes of English in case I get hungry but I don't know what I could bring in that wouldn't make too much noise. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

leaveiton wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of bringing food into the exams? I want to bring in something small for the likes of English in case I get hungry but I don't know what I could bring in that wouldn't make too much noise. Any suggestions?

I'm gonna sit near a plug and set up the aul' George Foreman for Maths, might as well give me something to do for it since I'm destined to fail.

Big-Meal.jpgBe Grand.

Maybe a few squares of chocolate or even some bread? Or some pain au chocolat ;)

I don't know what I could bring in that wouldn't make too much noise.
    Ah be grand

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Maybe a few squares of chocolate or even some bread? Or some pain au chocolat ;)

Just had images of myself eating a pain au chocolat in my German exam and suddenly speaking French :pac:

People who do French, I want this in your head for the exam

Just had images of myself eating a pain au chocolat in my German exam and suddenly speaking French :pac:

Brioscaí agus tae sa scrúdú Gaeilge, A1 gan aon agó.

• Advertisement

Yup, learned how good an idea that was halfway through last year's exams! I'll bring stuff like wine gums and fruit pastilles, maybe a bar of chocolate, grapes, etc. Stuff I can snack on. :D

I'd avoid crisps or crackers. :p

If I have to introduce myself in front of my class in college this is what I plan on saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I think y'all need to chill :P just think of this guy when you're going into the exam!

"What would Jon Lajoie do right now?" :pac:

"What would Jon Lajoie do right now?" :pac:

He wouldn't give a chainsaw.

Togepi wrote: »
    Yup, learned how good an idea that was halfway through last year's exams! I'll bring stuff like wine gums and fruit pastilles, maybe a bar of chocolate, grapes, etc. Stuff I can snack on. :D

I'd avoid crisps or crackers. :p

Oooh wine gums sound like a good idea, nice and quiet.

Trust me, I know how infuriating it is when someone's crunching away at a bag of crisps during an exam. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Someone should bring in popcorn with them for the lolz. :pac:

Lads I think I'm off, I'm wrecked from staring at a book for 8 hours, but I thought I'd leave this inspirational gem. Gotten me through many a fiasco and I'm hoping it'll get me through this one. Hold on fellow ducks.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

One of the teachers in my school tells everyone who'll listen to bring mini Mars bars to their exams. We're all bringing in chocolate - I've already got packets of Rolos in my bag :L

Hayezer wrote: »
    Lads I think I'm off, I'm wrecked from staring at a book for 8 hours, but I thought I'd leave this inspirational gem. Gotten me through many a fiasco and I'm hoping it'll get me through this one. Hold on fellow ducks.

I need to rewatch the Mighty Ducks over the summer!! <3

• Advertisement

Ugh guys this would happen to me - I cant stop sneezing. At all. Like seriously. I'm sneezing as I type this. I'll die if I have to do the leaving like this :eek:

Any advice? :L

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement