Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

That'd be...
    Dare I say it...
    A bit....

Sh1t. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Patchy~ wrote: »
    That'd be...
    Dare I say it...
    A bit....

Sh1t. :D

Beautiful. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    I have one plot in my head now for a short story that I thought of earlier during a toilet seat epiphany. Fúcked if I can't fit it in or else I'll have to go and think in the bathroom of a new plot, inspirational place that it is.

Lol, I actually tend to go to the bathroom while I'm brainstorming for the essay. It's like the only time during the whole Leaving Cert/mocks that I go for a toilet break. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Shit.

Write a short story inspired by this word.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

english paper 1 theme: Apocalypse 2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

As long as they dont redo "Irishness"...vom :pac:

imelle wrote: »
    english paper 1 theme: Apocalypse 2012

It would kind of hilarious for examiners as they see students desperately trying to make their learned off essays fit.

"Losing that football game felt like the Apocalypse had truly come upon us"

Patchy~ wrote: »
    As long as they dont redo "Irishness"...vom :pac:

I kind of liked that year...
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

It would kind of hilarious for examiners as they see students desperately trying to make their learned off essays fit.

"Losing that football game felt like the Apocalypse had truly come upon us"

or the classic "the world was coming to an end.....beep beep. . my alarm clock went off, it was all a dream."

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Okay so I still have to come up with a story tomorrow, 2 geoecology essays and all of physical and elective and maths paper 1 and theme and rich and frost and and and....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Lads my sister got an A1 in english ... no pressure or anything for me :(
    Oh and she got plath both years she did it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I remember my short story last year . I had to make up a story on the spot I didn't prepare the title was "in future life would be different" write a story set in the future.
    I can't remember what I wrote but I know it wasn't the best of stories I've done. I could probably actually do that title with the story I have now somehow.

My bro got 590 and A1 in English, his short story was about, believe it or not, a salmon :L

Lads I can actually get 600.
    I know I've done just about nothing all year and I'm kind of writing off English and French right now, but looking at my other 6 subjects I think I can do this with a bit of luck on my side. That said I need to do a lot of work in the coming week:eek:

Maybe that means I'll get Boland again! :D (Even though I avoided her last year...) :pac:

My brother dropped 5% when he repeated English. I can see myself dropping at least 10%. :cool: And the course has barely even changed for me! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Hayezer wrote: »
    My bro got 590 and A1 in English, his short story was about, believe it or not, a salmon :L

hahaha my sisters short story was on .... wait for it ... a farmer :pac: and she got an A1 :rolleyes: They must love quirky stories :L

My English teacher is always telling us about a girl who got an A1 with a story where she wrote from the point of view of a dog. :pac:

hahaha my sisters short story was on .... wait for it ... a farmer :pac: and she got an A1 :rolleyes: They must love quirky stories :L

It was perfect for my bro cus I think the question that year was something like"Write a short story in which the main character faces a tough decision" Salmon was the main character and had to decide to swim upstream and mate and die, or not :L Something like that, I'm not a salmon expert :pac:

5000 posts.
    Hamlet would be so proud:'(

*5,000th post*

Cian I think someone deleted a post. :P Either that or my iPod's slow. :cool:

Edit: Yes, my iPod's slow. :L Oh well!

I'll get the 10,000 post lads. :D

• Advertisement

My English teacher is always telling us about a girl who got an A1 with a story where she wrote from the point of view of a dog. :pac:

Pfft, noob. Try writing from the point of view of a speck of dirt.

"They walked all over me, but I'll show them, someday I'll get under their fingernails, and they shall receive no mercy from this proud speck of dirt."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Isit a bad thing that I rememeber the Hamlet quotes much more just by watching this? This does count as studying right? :pac:

Pfft, noob. Try writing from the point of view of a speck of dirt.

"They walked all over me, but I'll show them, someday I'll get under their fingernails, and they shall receive no mercy from this proud speck of dirt."

That's just a little creepy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

My sister got 580 points..No pressure huh? I personally would be ecstatic if I got 500 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

My brother got something like 475, my course was that last year so it's graaaand :P Dunno what my sister got but it was lower than my brother anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Speck of dust? Your passive nature bores the beholder.

Try an atom.
    "My electrons have a degree of uncertainty which renders me unable to measure their velocity and position simultaneously. Apart from this inner turmoil, my nucleus contradicts itself, consisting of a neutrons and protons. My life is rendered more depressing as my positive charge bears no influence on the electrons who orbit like flies pestering cows."

My highest-achieving brother (in the Leaving Cert) told me I wouldn't beat him. This was the day before the results, the same time he also explained to me that the most important thing was beating all of your relatives. :pac:

I beat him by 5 points. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I want to get 480 to beat the sisters by 5, I just want to beat her result couldn't care less about the rest tbh.

and I haven't got a chance.

My oldest sibling is 9 years younger than me, so I'm graaaaaaaand. I'm gonna be the smartest for a good while yet! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

It's great being an only child, no pressure :D (I wish!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement