Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    My highest-achieving brother (in the Leaving Cert) told me I wouldn't beat him. This was the day before the results, the same time he also explained to me that the most important thing was beating all of your relatives. :pac:

I beat him by 5 points. :cool:

Sibling rivalry is the best motivation...
    I beat my sisters so far with the mocks and then my highest achieving sis ruined it by saying I may beat her points wise but I would never beat her A1 in english ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I hope the theme of Chemistry comes up in English.

Ah, analysing a comprehension from a chemistry text book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Just in case the bunny didn't work for de-stressifing, here is a puppy.

Smiley-Pup.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

reznov wrote: »
    I hope the theme of Chemistry comes up in English.

Ah, analysing a comprehension from a chemistry text book.

You'd be sorted. :p

(Not that you wouldn't be with any other theme that is. :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

My brother got 520 in his Leaving Cert and has always maintained that he is smarter than me. Despite this we are polar opposites.
    He works EXTREMELY hard for his grades, he kinda hates me for the way I do it :P
    Beating him will just be a nice touch.
    Also I think that that would be the highest of all of my relatives too. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Parents...520 is beyond rare in our family!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Sibling rivalry is the best motivation...
    I beat my sisters so far with the mocks and then my highest achieving sis ruined it by saying I may beat her points wise but I would never beat her A1 in english ... :(

Ha for the Junior Cert I asked my brother to help me with Science seeing as I was crap at it and he was studying it in college.

The only words of wisdom he gave me were "I got an A in Science" and "I got 100% in the Science Christmas test in first year." :pac:

You can match her A1 AND beat her points-wise if you write an essay on Pokémon. :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Will people still go on here after the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I dunno what the highest LC points in my family was. Pretty sure if I get 500 I'll have the highest, that's important like.

BUT I WANT TO REPEAT MY MOCKS POINTS ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm an only child . No one to get more or less than me :).
    No rivalries .

You'd be sorted. :p

(Not that you wouldn't be with any other theme that is. :pac:)

Imagine In the composition section describing how to perform a titration?!

Excellent!

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »
    Ha for the Junior Cert I asked my brother to help me with Science seeing as I was crap at it and he was studying it in college.

The only words of wisdom he gave me were "I got an A in Science" and "I got 100% in the Science Christmas test in first year." :pac:

You can match her A1 AND beat her points-wise if you write an essay on Pokémon. :D :P
    haha words of wisdom for sure :P my sister "helped" me yesterday with english by telling me what questions she did and then going "funny I always got C's in english" :/ there is hope for us yet :P
    I beat all 3 sisters with the junior cert but I was always kinda the smart one in the family :P I could never beat her A1 in english, I'm not good at it at all and she knows that ... like I'm not even gonna be counting it I'm that bad :P ha maybe point wise :P haha an essay on pokemon would be epic though :P I'll dedicate it to you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

I am actually ****ting it now, I am so under prepared for the English papers. I only really know Plath fairly well, the comparative a fair bit and nothing on Hamlet. :( And I've been studying since like 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Will people still go on here after the LC.

I hope so... ;_;

/forever alone

I am actually ****ting it now, I am so under prepared for the English papers. I only really know Plath fairly well, the comparative a fair bit and nothing on Hamlet. :( And I've been studying since like 12.

Yes but you successfully travelled back in time 12 whole minutes.

Quotes in red pen for English? Yes or No?

He's an Entrepreneur managing to spot a market gap on which he can capitalise on by selling time travelling machines. It is important however that he develops a marketing mix which will be customer focused, meeting and exceeding their expectations. I could be inc charge of sales promotion and advertising. You can ensure that the product is able to pass the necessary quality controls such as ISO 9000 and Q-Mark.

Quotes in red pen for English? Yes or No?

Nooooooooooooooo, examiners correct in red/green and it annoys them. Apparently it's best just to do them in the same colour you're writing with.

He's an Entrepreneur managing to spot a market gap on which he can capitalise on by selling time travelling machines. It is important however that he develops a marketing mix which will be customer focused, meeting and exceeding their expectations. I could be inc charge of sales promotion and advertising. You can ensure that the product is able to pass the necessary quality controls such as ISO 9000 and Q-Mark.

thought it was ISO 9002 ? isnt it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

My sister got 465... not a hope of me getting close to that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

:confused:

• Advertisement

Officially one day to our LC.

brb getting sick.

thought it was ISO 9002 ? isnt it ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9000
    ISO 9002 is also correct. The quality standards are generally grouped into the one category

Desk research is quite beneficial in this case, saving me time and allowing me too spend less Capital on conducting face to face interviews.

He will have to make sure to prolong the maturity stage of the product life cycle which is most profitable as the brand has gained recognition through the growth stage (due to large amounts of advertising). When it reaches the decline stage, the marketing manager must decide whether to pump money back into advertising or to let the product die out and be a cash cow.

ISO 9002 is also correct. The quality standards are generally grouped into the one category

Desk research is quite beneficial in this case, saving me time and allowing me too spend less Capital on conducting face to face interviews.

You are too smart :L I will catch you out someday though ;) :P

Yes but be careful the research isn't outdated Reznov, perhaps some primary research would be more appropriate.

He will have to make sure to prolong the maturity stage of the product life cycle which is most profitable as the brand has gained recognition through the growth stage (due to large amounts of advertising). When it reaches the decline stage, the marketing manager must decide whether to pump money back into advertising or to let the product die out and be a cash cow.

Perhaps they could simply redesign the products packaging to entice customers to purchase it? Or even market abroad. Although that in itself will raise challenges in terms of channels of distribution and appealing to different copultures while maintaining legislation.
    I really recommend licensing at that point however. Franchising will be too bothersome as he may have to provide support and advice to ensure success of his brand in the eyes ol loyal consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Officially one day to our LC.

brb getting sick.
    I won't be able to sleep now :(

But seriously, if anyone has any advice on dealing with stress, I will quite gladly take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Dedicating my 800th post to all the OT LCers ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I feel like Harry during his History of Magic exam... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Dedicating my 2640th post to you LCers.
    No need to repay me, you deserve it:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement