Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

I nominate patchy to write a boardsie speech to get us all hyped up for the lc tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Fellow friends, sixth years...procrastinators,
    What a year it's been! I'm flattered that you've all thought so highly of me as to nominate me for this speech. Isn't it funny that I'm procrastinating by doing it, but perhaps also preparing for English P1? The inexorable creep of the leaving cert will not be halted by procrastination.
    And on that note I bid you farewell. To the books. To the notes. To the exam centres. Go, my darlings. 625 or I'll disown you all. <3

(This is why I choose the short story :pac: )
    I nominate reznov next. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Got Polonius, Deception, Loyalty and Betrayal and Love essay plans done at 3 am. Productive...

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Actually, out of interest, is anybody else here answering all 8 questions on Maths Paper 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

These videos are my kryptonite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Ladies and gentlemen, strangers and friends, tomorrow the LC commences as you all know, or wish you didn't know. Many students cower with trembling knees when faced with an almost unassailable task of achieving 625 points, procrastinating until the final day. If you are such an individual, do not succumb to the stress, assert confidence and trust in your current abilities. At this stage, you have lived for 17 years or more, and as a result have unique experiences which you could incorporate in the English exam. Paper one is pure waffle, lets not forget! But even as paper two looms the day after, just remember 3 quotes: one from a critic, two from a poet. Mention the poetic techniques, the poet's history. An A1 essay needn't sophisticated terminology, nor a deep understanding of the text, but instead a personal engagement to voice your interpretation.
    Hamlet? The text acts as evidence that procrastination pays off, be grand. Remember the themes and character's personality. But don't forget, refer to the question, obtain purpose marks. I won't even mention the General Vision and Viewpoint. Ha! If you've read the text you're guaranteed high marks. All about opinion as the SEC puts it, or pure waffle in laymans terms.
    So I hope comrades that you realise, English is not difficult. Think of the Olympic torch, a sign of hope, or perhaps delay if you're from Dublin. Fear not August, for it is two months away. Do your best, and get the Leaving off your chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Wesc. wrote: »
    Actually, out of interest, is anybody else here answering all 8 questions on Maths Paper 1?

I definitely am! Don't see why not if there is time to spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

One day before the Leaving and I'm sitting here playing 'Baby' by Justin Bieber on ukulele. :cool:

In my defence I don't know all the lyrics...

<_<

>_>

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

For maths I'll do the 6 questions that look the easiest, then go over them and if I've time left I'll attempt another question.

UGH GUYS I CANT BELIEVE ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING, JUST LET ME DIE NOW ;_;

• Advertisement

reznov wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen, strangers and friends, tomorrow the LC commences as you all know, or wish you didn't know. Many students cower with trembling knees when faced with an almost unassailable task of achieving 625 points, procrastinating until the very last day. If you are such an individual, do not succumb to the stress, assert confidence and trust in your current abilities. At this stage, you have lived for 17 years or more, and as a result have unique experiences which you could incorporate in the English exam. Paper one is pure waffle, lets not forget! But even as paper two looms the day after, just remember 3 quotes: one from a critic, two from a poet. Mention the poetic techniques, the poet's history. An A1 essay needn't sophisticated terminology, nor a deep understanding of the text, but instead a personal engagement to voice your interpretation.
    Hamlet? The text acts as evidence that procrastination pays off, be grand. Remember the themes and character's personality. But don't forget, refer to the question, obtain purpose marks. I won't even mention the General Vision and Viewpoint. Ha! If you've read the text you're guaranteed high marks. All about opinion as the SEC puts it, or pure waffle in laymans terms.
    So I hope comrades that you realise, English is not difficult. Think of the Olympic torch, a sign of hope, or perhaps delay if you're from Dublin. Fear not August, for it is two months away. Do your best, and get the Leaving off your chest.

It all seems....so simple now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Ah lads, be grand. Most of you boardsies are smarter and put in more work than the average person sitting for the Leaving Cert so don't get stressed out about it. :) only 13 more days for myself, that's going to fly by!

Good luck everyone. :) hope you all get what you want afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Awh lads if nicki minaj doesn't come up on paper 2 I'm screwed.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Awh lads if nicki minaj doesn't come up on paper 2 I'm screwed.

I'm confused. :P But I actually want an essay on music tomorrow. :D

Anyone see the LC thread in After Hours? lawds

In the poem Starships we learn that they were "meant to fly". Minaj gives us one simple instruction - "Hands up and touch the sky" - and therefore yes, I do agree that "You a stupid hoe".

Looking at the LC thread in AH. I wouldnt be surprised if half of them never did the LC with that attitude, I wouldnt wish this year on anyone. :rolleyes:

It's really easy apparently? That's grand so.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

A sincere best of luck to you all tomorrow! :D Be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

reznov wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen, strangers and friends, tomorrow the LC commences as you all know, or wish you didn't know. Many students cower with trembling knees when faced with an almost unassailable task of achieving 625 points, procrastinating until the final day. If you are such an individual, do not succumb to the stress, assert confidence and trust in your current abilities. At this stage, you have lived for 17 years or more, and as a result have unique experiences which you could incorporate in the English exam. Paper one is pure waffle, lets not forget! But even as paper two looms the day after, just remember 3 quotes: one from a critic, two from a poet. Mention the poetic techniques, the poet's history. An A1 essay needn't sophisticated terminology, nor a deep understanding of the text, but instead a personal engagement to voice your interpretation.

Do we need a quote from a critic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Lol @ the tags below

"The jizz of knowledge" haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Togepi wrote: »
    I'm confused. :P But I actually want an essay on music tomorrow. :D

Poetry. Her words really speak to me. Like Super Bass.. wow just wow.

I especially like the repetition of "Boom ba dum dum boom ba duum dum bass he got that supa bass". I found this an insightful view into Minaj's view of society, and learned that he does infact have that super bass

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Poetry. Her words really speak to me. Like Super Bass.. wow just wow.

Ahh! :D Hopefully I'll fit a quote from Stupid Hoe in somewhere. :P

The poem starts with an acknowledgement - "This one is for the dudes in the polos, entrepreneur niggas in the moguls" - whisking us away to a time where justice was scarce and slavery was widespread. Minaj offers us valuable insights into our relative good fortune.

I was most intrigued by her fascinating use of repetition:

"You a stupid hoe,
    You a stupid hoe."

I got the impression that she was not the most intelligent of hoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

And of course, her music has such important messages for for listeners and encourages us to be ourselves, and ignoring the hate around us....."bitches saying **** and they ain't saying nothin', a hundred motherf**kers can't tell me nothin' "........

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Eoin Jackson, the guy who does the predictions put up the first one this year just now! He predicts Heaney!

Is this the video guy who got 490 off his predictions? :D

Also, considering getting a ban. But I want to see the aftermath threads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Just had a shower and thought of a story idea :P I came up with a good ending for it too! Great place for thinking... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement