Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

All he said was Heaney was coming up. Which we all knew :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

He only predicts one poet?! :rolleyes: Jesus I know a guy who got all four right in 2010 and three out of four the next year! Anyone could predict Heaney. :P He's such an obvious choice! And he didn't even mention Hamlet. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

One poor girl in my year buried her father today.

Really puts everything into perspective :(

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Hayezer wrote: »
    I especially like the repetition of "Boom ba dum dum boom ba duum dum bass he got that supa bass". I found this an insightful view into Minaj's view of society, and learned that he does infact have that super bass
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    The poem starts with an acknowledgement - "This one is for the dudes in the polos, entrepreneur niggas in the moguls" - whisking us away to a time where justice was scarce and slavery was widespread. Minaj offers us valuable insights into our relative good fortune.
    Togepi wrote: »
    I was most intrigued by her fascinating use of repetition:

"You a stupid hoe,
    You a stupid hoe."

I got the impression that she was not the most intelligent of hoes.

Oh my god. This is wonderful. Day before the LC spent analyzing the incomparably deep thoughts of Nicki Minaj. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I don't know about ye guys but I'm...

SO NERVOUS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

People making threads for things there are already threads for REALLY irritates me. I don't know why it annoys me so much but jhgsakshjgsakfsdsajhgsd.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

leaveiton wrote: »

The poor thing :( It's amazing how the exams take over our lives...some things are so much more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

For essays on paper 1, should we use appropriate layouts? For example should an article have a headline? And should a guide have different headings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Woke up this morning, looked at the calender and my first thought was, "Well, f**k..." :o

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

leaveiton wrote: »

poor thing.
    i know what you mean, I'm from the same area as Nicola Furlong (the girl killed in Japan) i only knew her to see, but the whole thing still affects you and makes ya realise how stupid the LC is in regards to life kinda :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Whats this about being able to do standard deviation etc on my calculator :O? I thought it could only do correlation co-efficient

Whats this about being able to do standard deviation etc on my calculator :O? I thought it could only do correlation co-efficient

I dunno what calculator you have but on the Sharp ones you do the exact same procedure for correlation coefficient, but instead of pressing Alpha and divide, you press Alpha and 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I put the final countdown on my iPod for when I'm going to school tomorrow :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Good Luck to all of you's, I'm sure you'll all be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Good Luck to all of the 276 of yas reading this thread instead of studying like the legends you guys are :') ( yeah i checked :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I just got a message from a friend saying "get off boards.ie young lady. I can see you posting" and I'm so creeped out.

I just got a message from a friend saying "get off boards.ie young lady. I can see you posting" and I'm so creeped out.

I'm afraid I'll get a PM like that. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Honestly couldn't be f**ked studying at this stage, I feel like I'd be better off just relaxing and preparing mentally for the exams! I'd recommend ye all to listen to this guy, really calming good vibes-y kinda stuff! Basically what he says is that when he was doing his final exams in Theoretical Physics at Cambridge College he didn't cram at all, he just meditated in between exams in order to stay calm. He was the only one in the exam hall who was happy/in a good place mentally, and he passed his exams with flying colours apparently :P Plus he's a monk, so he has a penchant for saying calming stuff haha.

Good luck and good vibes to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Guys I need your opinion here, do you think this is a good way to start a speech?

Opening paragraph goes straight into an anecdote about a real-life situation which proves my side of the speech.
    Then the 2nd paragraph goes "Good evening ladies and gentlemen....(and then the speech goes on)"

Also should I keep referring back to the anecdote?

I just saw my reflection in the mirror. I look so scared. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I can't find the post but at some point in the last week, someone in here wrote,
    "Complacency killed the confident student."
    Whoever that was, you SAVED my last week. I probably did five times as much work as I would've otherwise, and that quote's written on a sticky note on my desk now.
    Wish I could find the post! But thanks, whoever that was :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I can't find the post but at some point in the last week, someone in here wrote,
    Whoever that was, you SAVED my last week. I probably did five times as much work as I would've otherwise, and that quote's written on a sticky note on my desk now.

Probably Reznov.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

You're welcome. I'm glad my writing actually motivates individuals to achieve their goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Lads, didn't want to make a separate thread so thought would ask here. I really don't know how to go about studying poetry so I'm just learning off an essay I did in the past for each poet. Like they're all general essays like introduce the poetry of etc. so I have covered all aspects, i.e. Themes, imagery, style and language for each poem in it. Do you think this is a bad idea and I'll be caught out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Just a few words to the boardsies, who have also become my friends :P
    Dear fellow LC'ers,
    So the big bad Leaving Cert looms :eek: Lads lets not panic, the fact that I know all of ye intelligent procrastinators kinda comforts me in a way :P I'm not the only one scared out of my wits :P
    Ok so its time tomorrow to show those examiners our stuff and we've worked hard these last few years (even if you think you haven't) :P And it's easy to think "sure I can always repeat" and give up (trust me I know) but lads that's quiting talk and didn't we all feel this way during the mocks or the JC and it was all grand :P
    Lets all take a moment and reflect on the great Hamlet's wise words... "conscience doth make cowards of us all" ... indeed and we all have a common enemy here lads Voldemort STUDY ... but we'll have to face that malevolent force sometime... I suggest today :P
    Anyways good luck lads :) We don't need it :)

HISTORYKITTEN IS A FRAUD.

I private messages her yesterday and she evinced her intent to instigate failure among the boards members through the medium of motivational speeches.
    CAST OFF THY INKY CLOAK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Isn't it pretty much learn it off, write it down and get full marks? The area with curves things work with me when they want :/:(.

And you left out Q3 :O? Q3 is the easiest :O :pac:

Learn what off? :S The formula is in the tables?

finality wrote: »

Yeah there is nothing to learn off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

reznov wrote: »
    HISTORYKITTEN IS A FRAUD.

I private messages her yesterday and she evinced her intent to instigate failure among the boards members through the medium of motivational speeches.
    CAST OFF THY INKY CLOAK!

Excuse me for trying to lift the mood on this thread :P
    "O! from this time forth,
    My thoughts be bloody study, or be nothing worth!"
    See what I did there :P

• Advertisement

finality wrote: »

I think they meant just the way of deriving it from integration, just learn off the steps kind of thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement