Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Togepi, you're organising my hen :P

Wheeeeeeeeeey!! :D Poké-Party in Pallet Town!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a mean supervisor. I do. :(

My supervisor sat down beside because she thought I was crying :pac:

Although I was choking/dying rather than crying and it just brought water to my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

frantic190 wrote: »
    My supervisor sat down beside because she thought I was crying :pac:

Although I was choking/dying rather than crying and it just brought water to my eyes.

If that was my supervisor she'd have been all like up in your face "stop making noise", "your cheating" "your distracting people".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    Wheeeeeeeeeey!! :D Poké-Party in Pallet Town!! :P
    Hell yeah :D In Prof. Oaks lab :P
    I'm kinda worried what i've turned the thread into ... but keeping it off topic ftw :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

My ones okay but she makes you stay right until the end. My last one last year was so lovely and you could leave when you were done.

• Advertisement

I'm kinda worried what i've turned the thread into ... but keeping it off topic ftw :P

Which main pokemon that yous chose in the ruby and leaf green version?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

What does everyone drink in the actual exam? I drink boost for caffeine/energy obviously and keep the blood sugar levels up! :D Drinking water would just make me want to pee way too much. . :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Historykitten used off-topic attack!

Boardsies became confused!

:pac:

What does everyone drink in the actual exam? I drink boost for caffeine/energy obviously and keep the blood sugar levels up! :D Drinking water would just make me want to pee way too much. . :P

Few naggins, be grand.

Which main pokemon that yous chose in the ruby and leaf green version?

Oh easy I nearly always picked the fire starters charmander, cyndaquil , torchic etc :P but have to say I loved all the kanto and johto starters :) they were so cute :)

• Advertisement

Few naggins, be grand.

Was waiting for that, bitta devil's bit does no harm either, get the blood flowing sure ;)

I want to bring a hip flash with whiskey or something in it. But I just brought a bottle of water.

Yo Randylonghorn, Here's the link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...02212&page=370

It continues onto the next page as well.

Thanks.

I want to bring a hip flash with whiskey or something in it. But I just brought a bottle of water.

Hip flash haha? Mechanics could drop a lil tomorrow! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ours is graaand and so un-distracting, problem is we can hear everything the one next door says and she kept making announcements and got them to finish with a few minutes to go

Was waiting for that, bitta devil's bit does no harm either, get the blood flowing sure ;)

I drink water, but just a small bit, won't have time to take a toilet break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

We have a nice supervisor. She probably thinks I'm mad though, lots of calculator shenanigans and reading the essays to myself (silently, obvs, its to pick out mistakes!)

thought I might tell ye all this ... my mam got me a bottle of water which is sourced from a legendary holy well :cool: no joke :P bit of godly strength by my side in the form of water .. where can I go wrong :P

Did anyone ask for graph paper or log tables during English today?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Is it only my school or the box with log tables is numbered as '1234'.
    PS: I couldn't finish the paper today and only did 8 pages for Text 1 & 2 and one page for Section II. My life is meaningless. :(

• Advertisement

Oh easy I nearly always picked the fire starters charmander, cyndaquil , torchic etc :P but have to say I loved all the kanto and johto starters :) they were so cute :)

Aw I picked Mudkip then Charmander I can't remember the rest.

thought I might tell ye all this ... my mam got me a bottle of water which is sourced from a legendary holy well :cool: no joke :P bit of godly strength by my side in the form of water .. where can I go wrong :P

Ah the LC, making saints out of so many non religious teenagers! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Wkds

Anyone know how many poems is mandatory? My teacher said 4 but I heard on that 606 thing that for Plath you must do 6. Anyone clear this up?

Did anyone ask for graph paper or log tables during English today?

Our supervisor would probably get the graph paper and the log table and ram them down the persons throat. Seriously, horrible woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

My ones a bit of a cow, asked her if I could go out and put a copy under my table cus it was wobbly and she was like JUST HOLD THERE FOR A SECOND OK. She moved me, new desk was wobbly :L

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Randy. Heres the link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056602212&page=370
    It continues onto the next page as well.

Thanks.
    Link to posts, not to pages ... I'm set for 40 posts per page, so there's only 142 pages in this thread as yet! :)

Anyway, I went back and read more thoroughly, and I'm presuming it's the Cobain / Nirvana / short story thing?

What exactly was the question / title you were responding to? (I haven't seen the full paper yet).

It's a few years since I corrected LC Eng HL, and they've tweaked things since ... but I do think you're likely to lose marks if you've obviously based a short story per se on the events of a recognisable person's life.

If you had based it on events in your own life / a neighbour's / whatever, it is unlikely that anyone would have been any the wiser, but Cobain / Nirvana and named as such is going to be familiar to any examiner.

How much, I honestly couldn't guess ... as I say, they've tweaked the approach to marking a fair bit in the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Clarke94

Do ye think I'd be okay just learning Plath, Rich & Heaney tomorrow? One of them is guranteed to appear? :/
    Also, I HATE the question on soliloquies & the role of women, deception will hardly show?
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow :)

Lol at people who aren't allowed out early! Jesus for maths I'll be done in an hour, reeeally bad at it btw, not outstanding and efficient! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Wkds wrote: »
    Anyone know how many poems is mandatory? My teacher said 4 but I heard on that 606 thing that for Plath you must do 6. Anyone clear this up?

I do 5 for each. I think 5 is pretty safe to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Wkds wrote: »

You can technically do as many as you want, but 4 to 6 is the recommended amount. You'll be fine with four.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement