Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

The leaving cert is after costing me a stag weekend in Dusseldorf.... imma punch someone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Seriously, this Leaving Cert. is a load of shíte. By Friday I have the following:
    1. French Oral - 25% of my Grade
    2. Music Practical- 50% of my Grade
    3. LCVP Portfolio- 60% of my Grade
    4. Geography Project- 20% of my Grade

ALL has to be done by Friday.. FFS everything the one time.

THEN, next week = Irish Oral- 40% of my Grade
    Followed by the week after LCVP Exam- 40% of my Grade

I'm not going to get to study English/Economics/Business or anything until like the 5th of May!! :mad:

I'm beginning to think i'm doomed, 535 is never gonna happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm French first, Irish second. I think it's Dublin is French/German/Spanish/Italian first, then Irish/Russian/Japanese second. Then outside Dublin is vice-versa.
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    Pretty sure north dublin has irish first (yeowww) and the southside is the opposite, but ive no idea how it works out in....da bogland :eek: :P

I'm from the bogland (:p) in Mayo, and it's French/German/Spanish first, and Irish/Japanese the next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Ah PF, if you think positive and perform well by the 5th of May you will already have close to:

25% of your Grade in French
    50% of your Grade in Music
    20% of your Grade in Geography
    40% of your Grade in Irish

and LCVP done and hopefully 70 points obtained :)

Also you will not need to worry about all the material needed to learn for those practicals/orals and you will concentrate more time onthe written papers. If anything, these few weeks will be time well spent!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have a economic mock tomorrow .
    I've spent a good bit of today just on economics.
    Do you think I'll be covered for the mock if I focus on these .
    I was hoping to only do 1/2 micro questions but I'd rather answer the macro questions.

Micro
    Market structures
    Demand
    Elasticity
    Supply (just the factors )

Macro
    National Income
    Economic Growth & Development
    Economic Aims
    Government
    International Trade
    Inflation
    Banking
    Population
    History of Economic thought
    Knowing current figures

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Eathrin wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to write this exam off. I had convinced myself before that I could at French and make it count but I'm conceding now that having done nothing over the holidays I'm doomed to mediocrity. I'm kinda disappointed in myself, but if experience tells me anything, it's to make the best of the situation and not to get down about these things.
    Even when I do badly in French, I can still salvage the rest.

And that goes for anybody worried about these orals, 1 bad exam is not the end of your LC. If it doesn't go exactly to plan keep your head high.

Cian, that's quiting talk :P Don't agree with that at all :P
    Sure i'm learning everything for my irish oral now :L and I mean EVERYTHING !! Have it tomorrow, but sure , is feidir linn and all that craic :P

Goes for everyone, you can pull off miracles :P Lads, no more negative talk, It will be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Stressed out over Musescore, it refuses to put in rests and like has loads of other faults! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Could someone pleas please give me a nice and simple definition for Batch processing in chemistry? Thanks! :D

I have a economic mock tomorrow .
    I've spent a good bit of today just on economics.
    Do you think I'll be covered for the mock if I focus on these .
    I was hoping to only do 1/2 micro questions but I'd rather answer the macro questions.

Micro
    Market structures
    Demand
    Elasticity
    Supply (just the factors )

Macro
    National Income
    Economic Growth & Development
    Economic Aims
    Government
    International Trade
    Inflation
    Banking
    Population
    History of Economic thought
    Knowing current figures

I would really advise to know Factors of Production. Theres always a question on one of them I think. But you definitely have enough material to answer 4 long questions. I mean the choice is massive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

subz3r0 wrote: »
    I would really advise to know Factors of Production. Theres always a question on one of them I think. But you definitely have enough material to answer 4 long questions. I mean the choice is massive :)

I will learn the factors of production I know it slightly I just need to go over it. I had a look at it I'm not sure I'll have enough time to learn it in a day. Or will this catch me out on another macro question? I'll definitely make sure I know it for the actual exam.
    I do want to stick with macro mainly, it seems easier to understand.
    I guess make sure I know about the topical areas , that could come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

This thread isn't off topic at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

This thread isn't off topic at all
    Considering the orals are tomorrow, what did you expect? :pac:

Or will this catch me out on another macro question? I'll definitely make sure I know it for the actual exam.
    I do want to stick with macro mainly, it seems easier to understand.
    I guess make sure I know about the topical areas , that could come up.

It shouldn't catch you out in macro. A lot of it is just general knowledge and common sense. ''What effects will a lower VAT rate have on the economy?'' It's kinda obvious that prices will be lower, demand will rise, imports discouraged etc.

From topical stuff make sure you know what NAMA & NTMA are and what they do. Definitions and effects of Nationalisation and Recession, Cyclical Unemployment too. :)

Be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Wow I'm getting unreal lazy. Been studying for the french oral all day but it doesn't even feel like I'm studying :pac: I have such a 'sure, it'll be grand' attitude now. :L I was studying flat out up until the mocks but now I just c.b.a. those grants though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Considering the orals are tomorrow, what did you expect? :pac:

My Irish one is on Wednesday, plenty of time to start studying eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Tá mé fcuked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Not too bothered about French oral, can talk until the cows come home in French about more or less anything but I'm worried I'm being overconfident.

In terms of Irish, I know nothing, no exaggeration. Thank the ****ing lord I don't want to go an NUI college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ar eagla na heagla, cuirfidh an scrudatheoir ceist orm faoin Titanic (an bfhuil aon Ghaeilge ar Titanic?)...an bfhuil an fhreagair seo ceart go leor, dar libh?
    'Bhuel, ba thragoid mor e gan amhras. Rinneadh an bhad i mBeal Feirste, agus stop se i gCov (?) agus mar sin, ta nasc laidir idir an Titanic agus muintir na hEireann. Ta suim mor agam inti - d'fheach me an scannan aris sa phictiurlann le deanai, agus ba mhaith liom dul go dti an ionad nua i mBeal Feirste'
    I know it's kinda crap but sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Namlub wrote: »
    Ar eagla na heagla, cuirfidh an scrudatheoir ceist orm faoin Titanic (an bfhuil aon Ghaeilge ar Titanic?)...an bfhuil an fhreagair seo ceart go leor, dar libh?
    'Bhuel, ba thragoid mor e gan amhras. Rinneadh an bhad i mBeal Feirste, agus stop se i gCov (?) agus mar sin, ta nasc laidir idir an Titanic agus muintir na hEireann. Ta suim mor agam inti - d'fheach me an scannan aris sa phictiurlann le deanai, agus ba mhaith liom dul go dti an ionad nua i mBeal Feirste'
    I know it's kinda crap but sure

Le bateau a coule apres avoir heurtrer un iceberg.

Also, I'd advise people to know tirer is to shoot, les gens juifs is jewish people because I've a feeling they might ask about that awful shooting before Easter if they're really running out of stuff to ask

:D:D

Completely forgot about that actually! I can say a bit about the French presidential election and Syria but I don't see how the conversation would take that turn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Le bateau a coule apres avoir heurtrer un iceberg.

Also, I'd advise people to know tirer is to shoot, les gens juifs is jewish people because I've a feeling they might ask about that awful shooting before Easter if they're really running out of stuff to ask

:D:D
    Give them the auld

'A vrai dire, je ne sais pas! Cela ne m'interesse pas du tout, mais je m'interesse a la sport! ;)'

So many people freaking out on facebook about having their orals tomorrow, when I'm sure the list said they're not starting until Tuesday...meh, I'm in the last group anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I dont even know when my irish oral is on :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just remembered ours are on the convent and all. Nothing like sitting in a massive abandoned convent to put you at ease...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

nothin like tryin to learn 20 pics in one night :) in the 2nd pic I've named the characters harry, Ron and hermoine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Apparently I should have done 14 hours of study today. Instead I did 5 of French picture sequences, and watched Storage Wars with dad...at least I now know that if I find a tin horse's head covered in gold leaf, it's worth $2000

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Apparently I should have done 14 hours of study today. Instead I did 5 of French picture sequences, and watched Storage Wars with dad...at least I now know that if I find a tin horse's head covered in gold leaf, it's worth $2000

...French picture sequences? Is there something that no one told me? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Joey. wrote: »
    ...French picture sequences? Is there something that no one told me? :pac:

This is how horrific I am. It's meant to be five hours of French orals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

nothin like tryin to learn 20 pics in one night :) in the 2nd pic I've named the characters harry, Ron and hermoine :)

I'm in the same boat... though I think my oral is on Wednesday, I'd be freaking out now if it was first thing tomorrow morning like it was originally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Now the nerves for tomorrow start! :pac: I have no idea when I'm in. :( Oh well though, after spending the last 8 hours watching french films I guess I have no cause for worry :P J'espere que l'epreuve aille bien pour tout :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement