Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Just spent and hour and a half going over poetry , Hamlet and comparative.
    I'm not learning my poetry essays in full just 5 quotes from each poem and that will help me remember what I said. Hamlet trying to learn as much as them as I can. I hope general vision comes up I remember that layout the most I'm not as good at remembering the theme/issue.

Went over Plath/Boland/Rich I will write a really depressing answer on Boland if she comes up seriously lol. Even though my answer I learned is about how much I admire it. I'm seriously hoping for role of women or even Hamlets madness or appearance vs reality would be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Revised Hamlet, Ophelia and Gertrude. But I still know NO quotes. None. Need to revise all of poetry, comparative and Hamlet theme questions.

Tomorrow morning will be fun. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Revised Hamlet, Ophelia and Gertrude. But I still know NO quotes. None. Need to revise all of poetry, comparative and Hamlet theme questions.

I have to learn Heaney for the first time ever tomorrow. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Just realised my entire literary genre essay is based on the acronym GBLDCS, and when I say it it sounds rude

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I have to learn Heaney for the first time ever tomorrow. :(

Eww, don't do Heaney. He's the worst. (Although most likely to come up :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I have to learn everything for my GV+V. Structure, quotes, format. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I can't sleep. And I'm wrecked. :( I meant to be asleep three hours ago. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

planning on getting up at 6 tomorrow to learn plath, larkin, heaney, boland, 3 themes for hamlet, literary genre and gv&vp. i think i work better under stress. well i hope

Eww, don't do Heaney. He's the worst. (Although most likely to come up :pac:)

That's the only reason I'm learning him, he was mentioned in text 2 today so was Boland. I only know Plath and Rich (kind of) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

For my Junior Cert I was such a pro at last night cramming.
    Times a' changin'

• Advertisement

I'm going to try and get up at 7am a long morning ahead of me only got an hour and a half done I could've used the whole of tonight lol.
    I really hope I don't run out of time like writing 3 essays! I won't have time to think. I hope I won't mix up anymore words either.

That's the only reason I'm learning him, he was mentioned in text 2 today so was Boland. I only know Plath and Rich (kind of) :(

I loved the poems we studied of his in JC but oh my god, the LC ones are DIRE. I wanted to leave the classroom while my teacher did them with us.

I will be REALLY pissed if both come up, meaning that text was actually a clue.

Anyone but Heaney and Kinsella and Frost and Larkin. Yay.

Oops, I just remembered the unseen poem is a thing that is actually on the paper. It's only worth 20 marks though, right?

i'm grand studying for a solid 10-15 minutes but after that i'm just like "meh **** it"

Eathrin wrote: »
    I will be REALLY pissed if both come up, meaning that text was actually a clue.

The theme was like homeland and all that sort of stuff, Heaney and Boland would probably fit that theme, although I don't really know cos like it's not as if I learned them. :D

But hopefully they'll stick Plath on.

Oops, I just remembered the unseen poem is a thing that is actually on the paper. It's only worth 20 marks though, right?

yep just 20 marks

Namlub wrote: »
    Anyone but Heaney and Kinsella and Frost and Larkin. Yay.

No, I need Kinsella or Larkin if Plath doesn't show up. :(

I loved the poems we studied of his in JC but oh my god, the LC ones are DIRE. I wanted to leave the classroom while my teacher did them with us.

I know WTF is up with poem about the skunk. :confused: Weird.

• Advertisement

I'm avoiding Heaney I know my answer will be a disaster if I answer on him. I might be overreacting but it won't be the best of essays. The last essay I did was themed based and I think I used irrelevant poems as he has too many poems . I can't relate to his poems at all either. Why is the poetry like a game of bingo lol. trying to predict what will come up.

I'm avoiding Heaney I know my answer will be a disaster if I answer on him. I might be overreacting but it won't be the best of essays. The last essay I did was themed based and I think I used irrelevant poems as he has too many poems . I can't relate to his poems at all either. Why is the poetry like a game of bingo lol. trying to predict what will come up.

The whole LC been like a big gamble for me tbh.

No, I need Kinsella or Larkin if Plath doesn't show up. :(

Fine, you can have Kinsella OR Larkin :p Starting to think I'd love a bitta Rich.

And yeah, The Skunk is appalling. I like the Tollund Man though...

Ok, gonna go to bed, watch Hamlet and wake up at 7 (lol, lets be realistic, it'll be about 10) and cram, cram, cram!

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Good night sweet princes(esses);
    And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest(s). :pac:

The Skunk: Dat ass...

I actually can't remember many of Heaneys poems if no other woman comes up. I remember constable calls being about a bike and the authority guy knocking at his door. The underground about the girl being in control of the relationship or something then near the end it's the man and he doesn't want to look back in the relationship. Oh gosh help me if I have to answer on him . I done about 7 poems and I can only remember two very vaguely. I'd just skip the question rather then make a mess of the question tbh. And the person on the radio did say you can get a good grade if you fail prescribed poetry.

Just thinking what if it's Heaney thats the Boland of 2010 and he doesn't come up? as everyone seems to think he will be up too.

I think Plath is the Boland of 2012 tbh. I'm in the same boat as you but they can't ask 4 men. They just can't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

If Plath or Rich don't appear I'm just going to give up and start writing about Dulce Et Decorum Est.

Namlub wrote: »
    I think Plath is the Boland of 2012 tbh. I'm in the same boat as you but they can't ask 4 men. They just can't

The closer I get to the exam the more sure I am that Plant is not on the paper, emergency Larkin tomorrow!

• Advertisement

I'm actually going to be feeling the tension as I'm turning the page the minute you can turn over the paper and then seeing who appears. Hamlet you could kind of waffle on if something you don't know came up , even if you don't remember the quotes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement