Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Eathrin wrote: »
    The closer I get to the exam the more sure I am that Plant is not on the paper, emergency Larkin tomorrow!

Please don't write about Plant tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

I hope to God ye don't get Plath and Rich. I want them next year. Everyone else on the 2013 course is so uninteresting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

rugrats wrote: »
    I hope to God ye don't get Plath and Rich. I want them next year. Everyone else on the 2013 course is so uninteresting....

Ehh, feck off like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    The closer I get to the exam the more sure I am that Plant is not on the paper, emergency Larkin tomorrow!

Plant WILL be on the paper. The hours I've spent learning stairway to heaven quotes just can't go to waste. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Wait, is it English or AgSci tomorrow?! :confused:

/confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Wait, is it English or AgSci tomorrow?! :confused:

/confused

AgSci is the 21st. :pac: Plath is a plant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And I suppose rugrats' concern is whether she is an annual or perennial! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Uggggh. I have to get up to learn Larkin, Kinsella, GV, LG, and most of Hamlet.

Plzz Rich or Heaney <3

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Heaney or Larkin for the win. Cannot allow pressure to get the better of me today.

reznov wrote: »
    Heaney or Larkin for the win. Cannot allow pressure to get the better of me today.
    reznov, i've like 17-19 quotes learnt off for Larkin on 4 poems, do you think i'd be alright if he came up? I've done Wedding Wind, At Grass, Ambulances and The Explosion.

Which 4 do you think will make an appearance today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Time to do the English course

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

reznov, i've like 17-19 quotes learnt off for Larkin on 4 poems, do you think i'd be alright if he came up? I've done Wedding Wind, At Grass, Ambulances and The Explosion.

17 - 19 quotes and you're asking if you'd be alright?

Are they on a variety of themes? Make sure they are multipurpose. I have about 3 learned off for each poem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I can basically recite my 6 Larkin poems. I NEED HIM. ;_;

I've only 4 poems for Heaney, 4 for Rich, 4 for Larkin and 3 for Kinsella :( I feel sick. And I really don't know Hamlet :confused: fuuuuuuuuck

I suggest knowing 5 but you'll be fine with 4. Just mention the titles of the other poems somewhere.

Hamlet: Know a truckload of quotes.

Assume a quote if you know it not :P

So, so, so worried about this paper..

Guys should you be okay for any question on a poet if you know 6 poems by them, no matter what 6 poems? Like for Rich the word that often springs to mind is 'feminism' but we only really did 1 poem by her that shows feminism, while other classes may have done 3-4 that show it

Hayezer wrote: »
    Guys should you be okay for any question on a poet if you know 6 poems by them, no matter what 6 poems? Like for Rich the word that often springs to mind is 'feminism' but we only really did 1 poem by her that shows feminism, while other classes may have done 3-4 that show it
    Aunt Jennifer's Tigers, Living in Sin, Power all kinda about feminism I think! I hope :/

• Advertisement

Here PF I'm just doing Plath and Rich, be grand :L

Aunt Jennifer's Tigers, Living in Sin, Power all kinda about feminism I think! I hope :/

Thats the thing, we've only done Aunt Jennifer's Tigers, other classes have done them :( We've got stuff like Storm Warnings and The Uncle, so if a question just about feminism came up I'd be screwed

I once argued that the uncle is sexist but went overboard but you could mention it in passing. Tbh if it asks "if Rich sexist" just say no and argue your point with your own poems - its perfectly valid.

Dreading, dreading, dreading these Hamlet questions more than anything ever.

That would actually be handy, say that she shows signs of it in Anut Jennifer, but not in the rest and rattle off everything else :P Examiner would probably pick up that you didn't study the feminist poems then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

My LC hinges on this exam. If I get unlucky today, bye bye college :(

Cannot wait to see the Ham question. The only interesting aspect of the whole pointless course.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

The evil side of me is hoping that Plath doesn't come up just so I can see all the people in my year have a mental breakdown. :rolleyes:

The evil side of me is hoping that Plath doesn't come up just so I can see all the people in my year have a mental breakdown. :rolleyes:

Ha. You're quite sinister some may say, but it's just the competition. Take no prisoners of war. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Feeling a little bit sick now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Reckon Heaney or Kavanagh will come up? Hoping for either.. /:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement