Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

It depends if it's a requirement for your course or not. Mine all require c3 some a pass but mine are all computer-business related courses. I don't think arts maybe social courses would need maths :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

HowAreWe wrote: »
    I would talk about each individually have a few quotes from them and basically ''translate'' what he is saying.

''O, that this too too solid flesh would melt thaw and resolve itself into a dew!'' Hamlet wished that his body would just melt, turn to water and become like the dew, he contemplates suicide blablabla

But would that not end up being a kind of summary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I hope Paper 2 goes well...Coz dunno if my Paper 1 was A standard :/ Really want an A1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm absolutely ****ting myself here. I still have to learn Rich, women and deception before the exam :/

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

But would that not end up being a kind of summary?

You can do it that way, but don't just summarise. Mention the effects it has on him. Important to mention how the play and plot is affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

This might be a stupid question... But did Rosencrantz and Guildenstern know that they were bringing Hamlet to be killed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I seriously need to get off Boards and cram. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Lads, is there not an overlap of 20 minutes for english?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

****ting hell. I got up at 7, took an hour to get from where I live to school, only to be told english doesn't start till 2 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

M&S* wrote: »
    Lads, is there not an overlap of 20 minutes for english?

Overlap with what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

cloud493 wrote: »
    ****ting hell. I got up at 7, took an hour to get from where I live to school, only to be told english doesn't start till 2 :mad:

look on the bright side, you have more time than you thought left to study :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Overlap with what?

Time, like can you stay an extra 20 minutes at the end? I think I imagined this...

Time, like can you stay an extra 20 minutes at the end? I think I imagined this...

You can get assigned extra time if you have the provisions for it do you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I hope a letter does come up... I ****ed up the letter format yesterday, and I want to show the examiner that I CAN do it correctly :L

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Ugh a letter would be disgusting. You'd have to write it like "You used this and that in this poem" and it'd almost sound condescending, as if they dont know their own work. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

This might be a stupid question... But did Rosencrantz and Guildenstern know that they were bringing Hamlet to be killed?

No. But Hamlet decides to get them killed anyway because they shouldn't have got themselves mixed up in the business.

don't worry if you fecked up the letter format yesterday, my sister is an english teacher and said the most you'll loose is like 4 marks for it :D needless to say she wasn't impressed when i told her i effed it up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Ugh a letter would be disgusting. You'd have to write it like "You used this and that in this poem" and it'd almost sound condescending, as if they dont know their own work. :pac:

''I think what you were trying to say was....''

No

imelle wrote: »
    don't worry if you fecked up the letter format yesterday, my sister is an english teacher and said the most you'll loose is like 4 marks for it :D needless to say she wasn't impressed when i told her i effed it up :P

I need to not lose 4 marks on that question...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Apparently Yeats is coming up in the poetry. Some guy that got 600 tipped him. He can go **** himself if Yeats comes up. Doubt he works for the state examination commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Loyalty/Betrayal. I'd say it'll be there. plezzzzzzz SEC

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Seamus Heaney will probably be on the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

reznov wrote: »
    Apparently Yeats is coming up in the poetry. Some guy that got 600 tipped him. He can go **** himself if Yeats comes up. Doubt he works for the state examination commission.
    Yeats is not on the course? ? ?

finality wrote: »
    I need to not lose 4 marks on that question...

you mightn't even lose them because they just wrote a letter they didn't say formal so we can interpret it as any kinda letter i think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

reznov wrote: »

Seeing as he's not on our course...

Seamus Heaney will be on the paper

How'd you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I don't I'm just assuming :p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I think you're getting it from the 'extended time' thing. The exam is 2pm until 5.20pm, that's the absolute set time and you have to finish at 5.20. The reason they mention the 20 minutes on the exam timetable is because traditionally the paper was only three hours and is now 3 hours 20 minutes. But it definitely finishes at 5.20!

• Advertisement

**** having a bad english teacher >.< I already got an A on this paper, don't have any idea why I'm redoing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement