Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Haven't a clue when my Irish oral is - ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I know two people in my repeat year who are already thinking about not sitting the lc and just repeating again. I would've thought people only repeat the once and more motivated then the first time. It's really early to be thinking negatively at this stage. One of them has already decide they're not doing their irish oral.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I know two people in my repeat year

Wait, do ya repeat with loads of other people repeating?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Twelfth on tomorrow for Spanish, I'm scared :p

Wait, do ya repeat with loads of other people repeating?

Yeah if you go to a repeat college and not your old school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Haven't a clue when my Irish oral is - ah well!
    Same as. Im actually really ****ing it right now! Im nearly sure my teacher said that mine was next week ? I really hope so because Im sooo not prepared for it yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm half-tempted to quit Boards until the Leaving Cert's over (procrastination can feck off like) but I'm not going to now, just so I can have a shneak peak at what everyone gets asked in their orals. :P

Ah the next weeks are gonna really fly in .
    I'm kind of glad to be back. I really hope my economic mock goes well tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Caithfidh me an seachtain ar fad ag labhairt Gaeilge le cunamh De, ach chun an fhirinne a ra, ni bheidh se sin ro-easca. Ach beatha teanga i a labhairt, dar ndoigh, agus cuirtear gliondar ar mo chroi nuair a cloisim daoine ag caint inar dteanga dhucais fein.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Whenever anyone speaks Irish in this thread I don't have a clue what they are saying, the oral is going to be horrible :(

• Advertisement

I'm so glad my economics teacher moved the mock until Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Irish went so well!!

She pronounced my surname differently to me so I just went with that, then I got mo-ghrasa :pac: Was absolutely brickin' it for the picture sequences and I got...
    Wait for it....

Timpiste :D Easca go leor!

Then she asked me no direct modh conniolach question coz I said 'go mbeadh' a few times :L The hardest q she asked was did I think Irish is dying, I'd done an essay on that just last week, omg i'm delighted with how it went :) love to know what mark she gave me though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Irish oral done :) so delighted :) didn't go perfectly but well enough :) got same poem as patch and the pleannana don Samradh one went alright I think :) ah and he didn't ask me anything hard and no modh con but I brought it in loads :) and he was lovely and helped me when I got stuck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Irish went so well!!

She pronounced my surname differently to me so I just went with that, then I got mo-ghrasa :pac: Was absolutely brickin' it for the picture sequences and I got...
    Wait for it....

Timpiste :D Easca go leor!

Then she asked me no direct modh conniolach question coz I said 'go mbeadh' a few times :L The hardest q she asked was did I think Irish is dying, I'd done an essay on that just last week, omg i'm delighted with how it went :) love to know what mark she gave me though!

Nice Patchy glad it went well :D Just quick question how may sentences did you give on each picture thereabouts..??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

David1994 wrote: »
    Nice Patchy glad it went well :D Just quick question how may sentences did you give on each picture thereabouts..??
    I think I gave 5 on each - I was trying to anyway but I really cant remember! I was just so nervous :pac: Remembering all the things I forgot to say too :( That cant be good :P Just say as much as you can, I've heard its 5 sentences for an A grade but im sure if you said 6 and 4 it wouldnt really matter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

French went horrendous! :P

Honestly though, it did, but it's my fault for not knowing it well enough and just going blank!

But my examiner was so lovely, honestly I couldn't have asked for a nicer woman :)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I think I gave 5 on each - I was trying to anyway but I really cant remember! I was just so nervous :pac: Remembering all the things I forgot to say too :( That cant be good :P Just say as much as you can, I've heard its 5 sentences for an A grade but im sure if you said 6 and 4 it wouldnt really matter :P

Thanks I am sure you did great man :D I know I will definitely have 5 sentences to say hopefully...Cupla rudai cosuil le....Bhi siad an-sasta agus bhi siad ar mhuin na muice if I stumble :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Apparently our French examiner is sound. :D Kind of looking forward to l'épreuve now. :pac: J'adore le français!! <3 Still have loads to prepare though, but sure I've a few lovely phrases at the ready anyway. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

YEEESSSSSS

Had my French Oral at 3.15 this Afternoon and it was a beauty! Absolutely aced it!

She was sooo nice, she let you talk for as long as you wanted and asked fairly easy questions! I got a big spiel about Drugs/Alcohol and the Olympics so i'm happy out! She kept me in for 16 minutes though time flewww.. Hoping for a B1+ DELIGHTED

Got the subjunctive in at least 4/5 times!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Spanish was alright :) I saw her giving me my marks for the role play, got a bit distracted :P but I'm pleased :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Well done guys :D I had another mock French oral today with my teacher today and she said I would of got an A1 in it, so I'll be full of confidence going in! Ugh it's just that I have to wait until Friday :( Wish I could just do it now ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

What kind of questions are people getting asked in the oral Irish ?? :rolleyes:

Flabangav wrote: »
    Spanish was alright :) I saw her giving me my marks for the role play, got a bit distracted :P but I'm pleased :)

Good to hear :D Did you have to recite the roleplay from memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

What kind of questions are people getting asked in the oral Irish ?? :rolleyes:

You're going to be asked about the Titanic, Wolfe Tone, Stone Cold Steve Austin, options of seats on the Bus, and how much chewing gum you consume in a year. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

You're going to be asked about the Titanic, Wolfe Tone, Stone Cold Steve Austin, options of seats on the Bus, and how much chewing gum you consume in a year. Good Luck.
    Seems legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

It's salvage time now. I've done absolutely no French up to now.
    Can anybody give me some sentences general enough to talk about different topics and problems in French without being too specific, kinda a one-for-all deal:D (like unemployment, emmigration and crime)
    Anyone? I'd be so grateful.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Kind of annoyed with French, I didn't get to talk about global warming! :( I used a good few idioms though and I threw in a good few subjunctives so I'm happy enough.

Eathrin wrote: »
    It's salvage time now. I've done absolutely no French up to now.
    Can anybody give me some sentences general enough to talk about different topics and problems in French without being too specific, kinda a one-for-all deal:D (like unemployment, emmigration and crime)
    Anyone? I'd be so grateful.:)

À vrai dire, le chômage/la crise économique/le réchauffement climatique est un sujet auquel je ne m'intéresse pas du tout, mais je comprends que c'est un problème très grave dans notre société et il faut qu'on fasse de son mieux de l'améliorer.
    To be honest, unemployment/recession/global warming is a topic in which i'm not at all interested, but I know it's a very serious problem in our society and we have to do everything we can to improve the situation.

Should suit most things and also has a shneaky subjunctive in there!

Mine asked me to decribe the plot of the film Psycho. I told him I'd never seen it and he said "I don't care, just describe it".

• Advertisement

For the french oral my document will be on London.
    Do you think I should prepare for an answer about the olympics?
    Is there a chance they might bring that up as it's going to be held there?

Most of what I'm learning at the moment is the differences between there and here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement