Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Btw, in the comparative I started a new paragraph and wrote like 6 lines, then decided I wanted to change it so I scribbled it all out and started writing under it. It looked so awful and ugly in the middle of the page so I drew a little arrow pointing to it and wrote "sorry about how messy this is!" In hindsight, I kind of regret writing that. Do ye think it was a bad idea?

No, I don't think the examiner will mind at all if that's what you're worried about!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No examiner will take a blind bit of notice tbh! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I did that too Coeur in my Hamlet intro, and wrote "Please see end of essay"...looked awful and I'm cringing but we gotta do what we gotta do :o

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I did that too Coeur in my Hamlet intro, and wrote "Please see end of essay"...looked awful and I'm cringing but we gotta do what we gotta do :o

They'd prefer that than reading a whole essay and arriving at the introduction at the end! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I can't even bring myself to do Maths now, might as well go to sleep and try to get up early tomorrow to do some. That plan backfired today though, slept in by two hours. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

How did ye all find English? I actually thought it was a lovely paper, although the GVVP question was a little bit awkward. The unseen poem <3

Btw, in the comparative I started a new paragraph and wrote like 6 lines, then decided I wanted to change it so I scribbled it all out and started writing under it. It looked so awful and ugly in the middle of the page so I drew a little arrow pointing to it and wrote "sorry about how messy this is!" In hindsight, I kind of regret writing that. Do ye think it was a bad idea?

That unseen poem made my day, it was gorgeous to write about. I got the questions I wanted but I know a lot of people were disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

If I'm this tired now, I don't even want to know what tomorrow will be like :/

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

awh here i actually feel like i'm done the Leaving Cert now. motivation has hit minus levels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Lads, just a general question:
    So, I had a great Paper 2, all good but then I go home and suddenly I realise I can't remember whether I put the right Exam Number down! My number is __00__, and I'm afraid I've left out one of the zeros. I do remember checking it over but I don't remember whether it's right for definite. Is there any hope of the superintendent lady allowing me to browse through today's scripts and double check the number? Or do I have to live with the gnawing feeling it's wrong? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Gonna be a long evening studying geography and maybe a early awakening and I haven't even studied maths I think I might chance it or try it during my break at 12.20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Oh god haha that reminds me of my paper 1 :L Before my story I wrote a plan and at the top of the plan I said "Don't read the plan it will ruin the story!!!" :pac: Hopefully the examiner will see the funny side to it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Are ye allowed study in the exam centres ? People just get thrown out of mine if they bring their bag to study !

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Guys, my hand genuinely still hurts. :(
    subz3r0 wrote: »
    Lads, just a general question:
    So, I had a great Paper 2, all good but then I go home and suddenly I realise I can't remember whether I put the right Exam Number down! My number is __00__, and I'm afraid I've left out one of the zeros. I do remember checking it over but I don't remember whether it's right for definite. Is there any hope of the superintendent lady allowing me to browse through today's scripts and double check the number? Or do I have to live with the gnawing feeling it's wrong? :P

Doesn't hurt to ask! :) I can't see them letting you check, but they might go back through the bundle themselves and make sure all the exam numbers match up with the list. Explain to your examiner and they'll see if they can do anything.
    haro124 wrote: »
    Are ye allowed study in the exam centres ? People just get thrown out of mine if they bring their bag to study !

We're allowed study in mine, and then have to put everything outside about 10 minutes before the start of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

So after both paper one and two completed what do people predict for their overall grade? I'm hoping B3/B2 at least, paper two may have dragged me down a little but paper one was beautiful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

No, I don't think the examiner will mind at all if that's what you're worried about!
    They won't mind me writing at the end "Sorry my writing is really bad in places, I broke my wrist and it gets stiff sometimes so its hard to write clear" Will they? :P

ConTheCat wrote: »
    They won't mind me writing at the end "Sorry my writing is really bad in places, I broke my wrist and it gets stiff sometimes so its hard to write clear" Will they? :P

No I wouldn't think so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Man the wind's just after changing and I can hear Justice crystal clear. Mint!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Man the wind's just after changing and I can hear Justice crystal clear. Mint!! :D

Wish I was there, ugh :(

(Justice, not your house >_>)

So after both paper one and two completed what do people predict for their overall grade? I'm hoping B3/B2 at least, paper two may have dragged me down a little but paper one was beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

So after both paper one and two completed what do people predict for their overall grade? I'm hoping B3/B2 at least, paper two may have dragged me down a little but paper one was beautiful

Paper 1 was good but I think paper 2 could of dragged me down also. So i reckon maybe a B3 at best or C2 at worst but who knows:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Namlub wrote: »
    Wish I was there, ugh :(

(Justice, not your house >_>)

Don't lie:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Paper 1 went well and Paper 2 went well :D So..Hopefully an A2 :) But ya never know with English...

David1994 wrote: »
    Paper 1 went well and Paper 2 went well :D So..Hopefully an A2 :) But ya never know with English...

True, it's so based on individual opinion and taste, the examiner could just be in a bad for gods sake! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Hopefully an A2, paper 1 was a bit crap for me, but hopefullyyy. I don't think I got less than a B1.

Lads I hope whoever is correcting my exam is nice, loves speeches and appreciates a male student doing a lesbian, feminist poet! :p

I think I got a B3 on both.

So, if my calculations are correct, that's a... B3!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Argh it's impossible to know with English :S I'm afraid to say maybe an A2 because I know I'll be cursed if I do!..So realistically B1, I'd be devastated with anything less..

Wesc. wrote: »
    Argh it's impossible to know with English :S I'm afraid to say maybe an A2 because I know I'll be cursed if I do!..So realistically B1, I'd be devastated with anything less..

Pfft, amateur!! :P I estimated mine last year and thought I got a B2 or B1. I got 80.25% - the perfect estimation! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'd say I got a B1.
    Lads, the absolute shítstorm on facebook:eek:!
    So glad I studied Larkin this morning...so so glad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i'd say around a B2/B3. . i'll get my papers rechecked if i get any lower.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement