Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    I'd say I got a B1.
    Lads, the absolute shítstorm on facebook:eek:!
    So glad I studied Larkin this morning...so so glad

My Facebook status on Paper 2 was a bit risky, most people who liked it did the Leaving last year or a couple of years ago. I'd say if there was a dislike button most of my year would have clicked it. :pac: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I'd say I got at least a B2. The paper yesterday went well, and my paper 2 is usually stronger than my paper 1 but I'm afraid I fecked up the comparative. I'll see in August anyway, I'm not too fussed about English!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I wanted an A but I think I got a B1 after messing up on Hamlet as the rest of the paper went grand. Paper 1 went okay and I know my composition was alright , I'm not sure about the letter but paper 2 will bring me up anyway :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    My Facebook status on Paper 2 was a bit risky, most people who liked it did the Leaving last year or a couple of years ago. I'd say if there was a dislike button most of my year would have clicked it. :pac: :P

What it say ? :) :L

Ha lads I studied the 4 poets that didn't come up, that takes skill ... anyone wanna calculate the probability of that happening ? :P

I wanted an A but I think I got a B1 after messing up on Hamlet as the rest of the paper went grand. Paper 1 went okay and I know my composition was alright , I'm not sure about the letter but paper 2 will bring me up anyway :).

What did you get last year, if you don't mind me asking? :)

• Advertisement

What it say ? :) :L

""Heaney and Plath aren't coming up," I said. "OMG Sarah shhh you'll jinx it!!" they said. Great paper. :D"

(I went on to say it didn't go that well for me so people wouldn't hate me that much. :P :pac:)
    Ha lads I studied the 4 poets that didn't come up, that takes skill ... anyone wanna calculate the probability of that happening ? tongue.gif

1.4%! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

It's unreal how upset people are getting! The annoying thing is that I was planning on studying Larkin and Kinsella but then my horse got a fracture so I lost an insane amount of time with the vet and x-rays etc. and never bothered.
    Life goes on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Will be lucky if a C3, and not because I didn't know it, but because I just blanked.
    English exams despise me. All 3 of my favourite poets came up, a nice Hamlet question did too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What did you get last year, if you don't mind me asking? :)

I did ordinary level I got a B3 I didn't study for it though as I knew I'd be fine I could've got higher a grade, I should've really done honours I dropped it in 5th year as my teacher started making me worry when she went on about us having to study 40 poems and know loads of quotes . I took up honours this year most of my work I've handed up I've been getting either c1/b1/a1 strangely hasn't been below that or in the 2s/3s .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Think I might have shnuck an A. Everything was good quality, essay on paper one was short but should get away with it and I didn't complete unseen but besides that everything worked out ok. An A2 would bring me up at least 15 points on my pre, didn't do enough to get an A1 at all! :pac:

• Advertisement

I did ordinary level I got a B3 I didn't study for it though as I knew I'd be fine I could've got higher a grade, I should've really done honours I dropped it in 5th year as my teacher started making me worry when she went on about us having to study 40 poems and know loads of quotes . I took up honours this year most of my work I've handed up I've been getting either c1/b1/a1 strangely hasn't been below that or in the 2s/3s .

Cool, fair play for doing higher this year! :)
    Think I might have shnuck an A. Everything was good quality, essay on paper one was short but should get away with it and I didn't complete unseen but besides that everything worked out ok. An A2 would bring me up at least 15 points on my pre, didn't do enough to get an A1 at all! pacman.gif

Hope you made good use of the extra 'h's in words beginning with s throughout both papers, I've heard it's the only way to get an A!

""Heaney and Plath aren't coming up," I said. "OMG Sarah shhh you'll jinx it!!" they said. Great paper. :D"

(I went on to say it didn't go that well for me so people wouldn't hate me that much. :P :pac:)

1.4%! :P

hahaha love it :L ah nobody would hate you, you didn't set the paper :P :) I knew Plath wouldn't be there, but Heaney babe... he stood me up :(

Am I seriously that unlucky? :(

hahaha love it :L ah nobody would hate you, you didn't set the paper :P :) I knew Plath wouldn't be there, but Heaney babe... he stood me up :(

They switched exam papers after rich died probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I can't believe that bad luck:eek:

I knew Plath wouldn't be there, it seemed too sure a thing, I even txt my friends that last night:P

Phil Larry ya legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

reznov wrote: »
    Will be lucky if a C3, and not because I didn't know it, but because I just blanked.
    English exams despise me. All 3 of my favourite poets came up, a nice Hamlet question did too.

You probably did better then you think reznov, I'm sickened, made a stupid mistake on the paper 1 short story which is going to cost me a lot of marks, would have gone perfectly otherwise. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Hope you made good use of the extra 'h's in words beginning with s throughout both papers, I've heard it's the only way to get an A!

Yeah well you gotta appeal to the country folk too. I'd say it was more of a light sprinkling of h's, add authenticity

Martin_94 wrote: »
    You probably did better then you think reznov, I'm sickened, made a stupid mistake on the paper 1 short story which is going to cost me a lot of marks, would have gone perfectly otherwise. :(

Doubt it very much. I'd be eccstatic with a B3 at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

they put Larkin up purely for his sex appeal.

32884023.jpg

They switched exam papers after rich died probably.
    Oh don't say that :( Boland should have been there. :( I never liked Rich ... sneaky out ...
    I can't believe that bad luck:eek:

I knew Plath wouldn't be there, it seemed too sure a thing, I even txt my friends that last night:P

Phil Larry ya legend
    I can't even believe it :eek: My friend mouthed to me "dont look at poetry" when she saw the paper :( and sure enough I nearly died. All I could badly attempt was Rich :(
    Cian you are too lucky :P give me some of your luck :P

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I also blanked :( I was one page into Hamlet and couldn't think of what I was going for next. The Larkin question I did was ok but I thought it was worded badly. He's not a cynical poet he's realistic.

• Advertisement

Doubt it very much. I'd be eccstatic with a B3 at this point.

Which Hamlet q you do?

I kind of messed up the literary genre, the rest was grand, but that paper 1 short story is gonna ruin my summer, sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

S hitting it for maths and I'm only in pass, I've decided against a spontanious drop to foundation on the day. . Please god make complex numbers and differentiation easy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Does anybody else feel like they just finished their Leaving Cert?:o

lol yeah kind of, but what's gonna be annoying is waiting over the weekend, its gonna seem like we're waiting for it to begin all over again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Here's a question. Having done the Leaving Cert English course, what's your favourite quote EVER?

Mine has to be one I learnt last night;

"O Gentle son! Upon the heat and flame of thy distemper, sprinkle cool patience. Whereupon do you look?" - Gertude

or maybe;

"Better to go down dignified with boughten friendship at your side then none at all. Provide, provide!" - Robert Frost (trolling as usual)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I still haven't realised that it's started and that this is the actual real Leaving tbh.

I will tomorrow anyway! If I get 60% or higher on this paper I should be guaranteed to pass Maths 'cause I'll do grand in Paper 2. Really want a B3 now though, just for the 100 points! :P Plus it'd be nice to have all As and Bs in my results this year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Exactly how I felt! 12 days to go YET

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Sweet jesus history and french on the one day next week, definition of hell!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement