Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Sweet jesus history and french on the one day next week, definition of hell!

I can safely say after last year - never again!! :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

donvito99 wrote: »
    Here's a question. Having done the Leaving Cert English course, what's your favourite quote EVER?

Mine has to be one I learnt last night;

"O Gentle son! Upon the heat and flame of thy distemper, sprinkle cool patience. Whereupon do you look?" - Gertude

or maybe;

"Better to go down dignified with boughten friendship at your side then none at all. Provide, provide!" - Robert Frost (trolling as usual)

'What if this cursed hand were thicker than itself with brother's blood, is there not rain enough in the sweet heavens to wash it white as snow?' is my love, got to use it in my corruption essay too <3

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I also blanked :( I was one page into Hamlet and couldn't think of what I was going for next. The Larkin question I did was ok but I thought it was worded badly. He's not a cynical poet he's realistic.

Did two BS pages of Hamlet. Hadn't a clue how his disposition could fascinate. Afreaking audience. But it was my last question, ran out of time. Larkin, gave it a half hearted attempt. Should have gone for Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

went on facebook. apparently Plath didn't come up? never noticed. the Leaving Cert doth make rotters of us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Geography and Maths tomorrow.

I don't wanna do the Leaving Cert anymore, I've had enough. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Favourite quote: "Gods make their own importance" Paddy Kavanagh.

No idea why I didn't do him today. I panicked :cool:

I'm excited for the old Maths though. Let the real fun begin. :cool:

Favourite quote: "What a ride" - Heaney remarking mentally while observing a skunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

And there was me on Tuesday saying I was gonna stay off boards until after the Leaving Cert. :o

reznov wrote: »
    I'm excited for the old Maths though. Let the real fun begin. :cool:

Was revising for it just now, I'm actually looking forward to it! Hope it's not an impossible paper though. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Would have adored a Heaney question seeing as I know all his poems by heart... Kinsella's also but his question didn't seem very relevant to the 6 poems I'd covered.

Was revising for it just now, I'm actually looking forward to it! Hope it's not an impossible paper though. :rolleyes:

I'm revising tomorrow because I cannot concentrate on anything after exams. Brushed up on my rates of change in differentiation. Need to look over series tomorrow and induction.

I'm revising tomorrow because I cannot concentrate on anything after exams. Brushed up on my rates of change in differentiation. Need to look over series tomorrow and induction.

Just revised all the proofs and area/volume by integration. :) I can actually remember them now. :P

Gonna go over some differentiation tomorrow after Geography. :)

Should I bother going over the area of a disc?

Just revised all the proofs and area/volume by integration. :) I can actually remember them now. :P

Gonna go over some differentiation tomorrow after Geography. :)

Wait. Isn't Maths in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Nope, maths is 2 until 4.30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

No sir

Nope, it starts at two! :)

More time for you to revise! I'm jealous. :P

Nope, it starts at two! :)

More time for you to revise! I'm jealous. :P

Hooray :D I have plenty of time for revision.
    Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Gonna die laughing from all the LC likes on facebook :L
    "Are you kavanagh laugh" :L sorry i'm easily amused :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

My teacher wrote me a good-luck card today.
    At the bottom it says: "P.s. Cian, do some study!"
    <3
    :)

Royally fúcked for this Geography exam in the morning.

Can't wait to burn the thousands of essays I have. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Togepi wrote: »
    Cool, fair play for doing higher this year! :)

Hope you made good use of the extra 'h's in words beginning with s throughout both papers, I've heard it's the only way to get an A!

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to take up honours I had the how many miles to babylon done from last year and I just learnt two new ones.
    I'm just lucky I my english teacher left halfway through the year he was terrible and spent 3 months reading Hamlet each class was so difficult . Then we all got moved to other classes and my teacher was great I would've done better at Hamlet if I'd had her from the start. I though ordinary would be too easy and I'd be wasting my time lol.
    Eathrin wrote: »
    Does anybody else feel like they just finished their Leaving Cert?:o

I know it's mad I feel like not studying then I keep remembering there's a load more exams left.
    And there was me on Tuesday saying I was gonna stay off boards until after the Leaving Cert. :o

I said the same I was even going to get blocked I don't think I would've lasted lol :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    My teacher wrote me a good-luck card today.
    At the bottom it says: "P.s. Cian, do some study!"
    <3
    :)

Aww. :P One of my teachers wrote good luck on the last bit of homework I handed up. And said my work had been excellent all year. <3 :') (First time for everything! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Does your examiner let you leave early?

I must have the worst examiner all the other exam centres in my school can leave early but mine .Have to sit until the end it's so frustrating!.
    Although someones phone went off she didn't say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Come on maths baby. Gimme some suga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I must have the worst examiner all the other exam centres in my school can leave early but mine .Have to sit until the end it's so frustrating!.

You should be able to leave early. Can you ask her before you start tomorrow if she's sure of that rule because every other school you know of is allowed leave early? I think there's a period of time near the end that you can't leave in but you should be able to before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I left Home Ec with ten minutes left, my Examiner is souuund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Royally fúcked for this Geography exam in the morning.

Can't wait to burn the thousands of essays I have. :D

You and me both.:) I'm getting up at 7 to study.

• Advertisement

You should be able to leave early. Can you ask her before you start tomorrow if she's sure of that rule because every other school you know of is allowed leave early? I think there's a period of time near the end that you can't leave in but you should be able to before that.

You can't leave during the last ten minutes, but before that they should be allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement