Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

David1994 wrote: »
    I know :( I did good on a good few 30 markers and the geoecology but I am scared about my hapless answer on levees :/ I dunno if I even got full marks in shorts or some of the Question parts....

Where were they going with the shorts and part A's? :pac: I bluffed my way through levees, hoping for a B but wouldn't be surprised with a D either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

David1994 wrote: »
    I did Question 2,6,12 and 18 :P And the shorts of course...I had a really bad answer on levees though :( Hope to even get half marks for it.I just went blank on it. Wbu?

I looked at levees this morning just in case it turned up. I remembered 3 of the diagrams I think. I did those then did the answer I'm not sure I wrote everything I need. I did the same as you. I forgot the biomes human impact I waffled it I repeated the same thing a few times. I only got two pages of 4 small paragraphs.

The sub continental region on the culture and urban went ok. My human section that was just full of waffle. I wasn't sure if the settlement question was on the linear , dispersed and clustered. Thats what I wrote. Then the one after that about the urban I did it on the docklands and forgot most of it then started speaking about road development and traffic congestion . I only wrote about 2 pages fro most answers or 1 page and a half. M
    The short questions I just went with my instincts.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Is it just me or do they give way too much time for OL Maths Paper 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Wiirdo wrote: »

...No. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Maths, please be kind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

Hope Maths is going ok for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Maths was not as good as I thought :/ Stupidly forgot that maximum and minimum points was on paper 1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Wiirdo wrote: »

I had done 6 questions (albeit only 3 full questions, then 3 part (a) and (b)s) and read over my paper in an hour and a half. I felt like a bit of a waster as I pretty much left with them but who gives a fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Ugh...3 of the questions I did I hope to get at least 40/50 in each of them and then maybe 25/50 in the rest...:( And I was hoping for a B3.That paper just was so hard for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30 insua

Sound b of a paper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

8c was a biatch ! But thank god itll probably only get 10 or 15 marks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Wasn't sure of 1C(ii) or 6 C(ii) but otherwise a lovely paper I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have no idea how I did. I messed up quite a few questions. First principles wasn't on it neither were functions :(. I messed up sequences and series the first arithmetic q1 I just went blank. Q2 did the part a. I think the q3 weren't too bad I was planning to avoid that question. I even messed up complex numbers on the argand diagram I'm usually fine with that :(.
    Looks like my weekend will be spent on project maths. I really need to pass it I don't even care if I don't get a c3 anymore I'd happily go to nci just as long as I pass or even a level 7 I couldn't care anymore . Maths just stresses me out too much. I definitely won't repeat again . Even my mock paper was better.

If you did bad in paper 1 can you still pass maths if you do well in paper 2? or even get a c3?

That paper was alright, integration was awful though!

Couldn't do 1 (a), (b) ii, (c) ii, 3 (b) ii, (c) ii, 5 (c), 6 (c) ii and iii, 7 (b), 8 (b) ii or 8 (c). Didn't do question 4, and won't be counting question 8 now after that! :cool: And I like integration. :(

Anyway, C1 so I'm happy with that, hopefully Paper 2 will bring me up to a B3! :D

How does everyone think they did? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Maths was not as good as I thought :/ Stupidly forgot that maximum and minimum points was on paper 1 :(

HL? Where abouts were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Lads, if my course is 340 points and I plan to get 360-390.

What are the chances I won't make it in :/

It's Computer Applications at DCU.

This new Irish paper better be nicer than the old one! :P I thought it was something serious, could they not just change the aural? :cool:

I remember this...
    The error is the first security blunder since a more serious incident three years ago when an examiner in Drogheda, Co Louth distributed Leaving English paper 2 instead of Paper 1.

As a result, Paper 2 had to be rescheduled to a Saturday morning at a cost of close to €2 million.

Can't believe it cost that much, hate to be the fella who caused it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I think 1c(ii) was the only thing I couldn't answer - some of my 'prove that...' things are a bit dodgy and I know I had at least one ridiculous fraction but overall that was okay. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

That Paper was just absolutely beautiful :P I'm almost certain I got very very near 100% which is a MASSIVE relief because I'm worse in Paper 2!
    Pretty sure I fully got out 2,3,4,7 and 8 (maybe q1 too!) and I was oh so close to fully getting out 6.

Did anyone here get t<0 for 1 (c) (ii) ? If so, I will be overjoyed

Figured out Q3 in the last minute btw!

Wesc. wrote: »
    That Paper was just absolutely beautiful :P I'm almost certain I got very very near 100% which is a MASSIVE relief because I'm worse in Paper 2!
    Pretty sure I fully got out 2,3,4,7 and 8 (maybe q1 too!) and I was oh so close to fully getting out 6.

Yes! Oh my god, I thought I messed it up, I had completely written that off. But I'm not entirely sure what I did made sense so don't rely on mine :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Well that was a lovely maths paper. I'm just disappointed I didn't study more last month. Even if I did 5 more hours I could have probably gone up (approx by me :P ) two grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Togepi wrote: »

I remember this...

Can't believe it cost that much, hate to be the fella who caused it! :o

He was the cause of this economic recession

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Yes! Oh my god, I thought I messed it up, I had completely written that off. But I'm not entirely sure what I did made sense so don't rely on mine :/

Yeah I double checked it too!

First way I tried was using differentiation. I let the max value be > than 0 and the min < then 0 and got the answer.

Then I tried divide and I got that too because I got something like x=root(-t/k^2) so t had to be negative!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Figured out Q3 in the last minute btw!

can I ask what was the story with Q.1(c)? how did you go about doing it?

Yeah I double checked it too!

First way I tried was using differentiation. I let the max value be > than 0 and the min < then 0 and got the answer.

Then I tried divide and I got that too because I got something like x=root(-t/k^2) so t had to be negative!

I did that EXACT thing with the differentiation, I thought I was going mad having to differentiate in Q1 but I couldn't think of anything else. You have made my day, thankyou :p

Coefficient of X. Question.
    Did people get ridiculous answers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Yeah... It was in millions anyway... :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement