Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Coefficient of X. Question.
    Did people get ridiculous answers?

A 5 figure sum over 8 I think, left it as a fraction.

It was (10C4)(3)^6(1/2)^4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Sitting down watching the game relaxing is what I'm doing, no worries whatsoever......untill tomorrow morning when I have to learn the entire Irish course. Ahhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Wesc. wrote: »
    That Paper was just absolutely beautiful :P I'm almost certain I got very very near 100% which is a MASSIVE relief because I'm worse in Paper 2!
    Pretty sure I fully got out 2,3,4,7 and 8 (maybe q1 too!) and I was oh so close to fully getting out 6.

Did anyone here get t<0 for 1 (c) (ii) ? If so, I will be overjoyed

Figured out Q3 in the last minute btw!

ARE YOU SERIOUS? YES, I got t<0 but I thought I was way off. Aaagh you've just made me so happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I would ask people how you got the answers to different questions but oh god I don't care anymore, I never have to look at any of the shíte again!! :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Togepi wrote: »
    I would ask people how you got the answers to different questions but oh god I don't care anymore, I never have to look at any of the shíte again!! :D :P

Unless of course you plan to have a career that involves the sciences, engineering, programming etc. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Lads, if my course is 340 points and I plan to get 360-390.

What are the chances I won't make it in :/

It's Computer Applications at DCU.

It's computers so theres a good chance. The course points for computers have consistently gone up something like 20 - 30 points every year for a while. Even more in some cases.

Dont worry about it though cross that bridge when you get to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

A 5 figure sum over 8 I think, left it as a fraction.

It was (10C4)(3)^6(1/2)^4

Sounds like my answer, can't exactly remember though.

Anybody who got 8C out what did you get?
    I got an answer so I'll be pleased if it's correct.

How the hell were you meant to do Q6 (c) (ii) !?!?!?!? It was driving me insane :P I mean how can you change cos4x to cos2x?

Sounds like my answer, can't exactly remember though.

Anybody who got 8C out what did you get?
    I got an answer so I'll be pleased if it's correct.

I got (2k^3/2)/3... i.e. 2.k.rootk over 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

It's computers so theres a good chance. The course points for computers have consistently gone up something like 20 - 30 points every year for a while. Even more in some cases.

Dont worry about it though cross that bridge when you get to it :D

I mean, if I do have all the requirements and over the points that is required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

How the hell were you meant to do Q6 (c) (ii) !?!?!?!? It was driving me insane :P I mean how can you change cos4x to cos2x?

I FELT SO CLOSE! But yet so far away

I got (2k^3/2)/3... i.e. 2.k.rootk over 3

Yep got it too:D

Q6C was a bitçh
    No idea how to change 4x to 2x

Q6C was a bitçh

Yeah it was I was going nuts trying to figure that out. Did all the questions so it didn't matter :D Did you do question 4? It was so handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Project maths better be easy I will be so annoyed if I find out I've failed a second time . I might still be able to get my England insurance choice though as I only need ucas points and didn't say specific grades and maths wouldn't be counted for points anyway. I just need to make up for them in business and economics and get A/B's. I really do want to pass maths. I don't know if I'll make my firm in england anymore .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭lestat21

Hey leaving certs congrats on another paper done and dusted!! I know you prob dont want to talk about it but the SEC hasnt put the paper online and I was superintending in a project maths pilot school :( Im dying to know what came up...

Would anyone be able to give me the gist of what came up on the ordinary level paper?? Anything tricky in complex numbers or sequences and series? What came up in the functions and differentation questions????

Q6C was a bitçh

The cos2A formula in the tables guys! let A be 2x and 2A is 4x!

finality wrote: »

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Ara sure at least I answered them all :P

It's great going into paper 2 knowing I only need a B1 in it to make sure I get the A1 :D So happy right now :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I mean, if I do have all the requirements and over the points that is required.

If you have the requirements and the points needed for this year you'll be offered a place. Its hard to predict the points of computer courses from previous years though, just keep on with your exams and worry about it then ;)
    lestat21 wrote: »
    Hey leaving certs congrats on another paper done and dusted!! I know you prob dont want to talk about it but the SEC hasnt put the paper online and I was superintending in a project maths pilot school :( Im dying to know what came up...

Would anyone be able to give me the gist of what came up on the ordinary level paper?? Anything tricky in complex numbers or sequences and series? What came up in the functions and differentation questions????

The paper will be up on examinations.ie fairly soon.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Ara sure at least I answered them all :P

It's great going into paper 2 knowing I only need a B1 in it to make sure I get the A1 :D So happy right now :')

I'm pretty pissed off about it. I think I got around 90%, paper 2's going to drag me down and I'm not going to get an A1, UGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

rkeano5 wrote: »
    HL? Where abouts were they?
    Nope OL :D

• Advertisement

Yeah it was I was going nuts trying to figure that out. Did all the questions so it didn't matter :D Did you do question 4? It was so handy :)

Yeah I did all the questions.
    What was 4 again?

I did....Doesn't that just give you Cos and sin squared?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I'm pretty pissed off about it. I think I got around 90%, paper 2's going to drag me down and I'm not going to get an A1, UGH.

I feel like this too. I can't possibly guess what I got though - I tried to work it out about ten times and got anywhere between 89 and 97, so god only knows whether or not I'm safe, so paper 2 needs to be basically incredible and I have the horrible feeling it won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Yeah I did all the questions.
    What was 4 again?

I did....Doesn't that just give you Cos and sin squared?

But you can change sin^2 to be 1 - cos^2 :)

Why only 90%?
    By the sounds of things you did quite well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Paper two is going to throw us right up! They will make it easier than we expect for the simple reason that this one was hard enough. I think i got an a1 on this paper too, maybe 95% or so, but i'm not certain. I;m definitely not looking at the sample answers people are going to post!! I just hope i did enough for the a1. We'll be grand.

But you can change sin^2 to be 1 - cos^2 :)

I blanked on that one!

Ah well, still got 6 other questions fully out so I'll probably get in and around 100%:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Gah, I've said it before but I'll say it again, I envy all of you who can get As so much :( If only I'd had a decent teacher, it could have been me...

Why only 90%?
    By the sounds of things you did quite well!

I think I got 50 in 2 questions and 49 in another, could've gotten around 40-45 in the other 3. Or I might have done worse. :(

Statistics will be my only downfall. I despise statistics, not so much the maths side of it, but the bloody english side of it :( Still it's handy enough but impossible to get full marks in for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

ITS ****ING FINALLY FRIDAY. If it hasn't already been established. One and a half exams finished for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement