Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Wesc. wrote: »
    Statistics will be my only downfall. I despise statistics, not so much the maths side of it, but the bloody english side of it :( Still it's handy enough but impossible to get full marks in for me.

My feelings exactly. Can't stand statistics - I went off it as soon as our teacher mentioned the word 'definitions'.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

LC not going so well. Learned off around 10 answers for each geography section, only got to use 1-2, misanswered another and bluffed the rest. Biome I knew characteristics, climate influence, and adaptations...the ONE I did NOT know decides to come up -_-. Never looked at the question in my life, bluffed 2 pages basically talking SW USA. Really annoyed.

Maths was mixed. Alot of easy parts, but didn't get a good few part ii's etc, and didn't get any of 8 C) would love a B3! 2 parts I was really annoyed about, the 'form a cubic equation that has roots 1 less than the one given' question, I took away 1 from each root and just couldn't see how to form cubic from it :pac: :( and the first principle!! I learned 1/x , sinx and cosx as grind teacher said don't bother with root x! Will I get a few marks for goin down the steps, didnt get it out though?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

If you fail maths do you fail the Leaving Cert?

WHY IS EVERYONE SO SMART! GAH YE AND YER A's!!! Jealous :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Jesus i thought i came into the "HL maths aftermath" thread there but it says i'm in the off topic! Tis quite a good match on tv people! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I just want to put my feet up now.
    I'm still not in exam mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Is everyone else just chilling as it's friday:) and saving studying for the weekend?
    I'm so glad english and geography are over and maths paper 1 . They'll all be over soon well 2 weeks away. It's such a relief knowing you can go back to your normal day to day life soon lol :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

How did everyone get on?

Geography was revolting. I was close to tears seriously. By far the worst exam I've seen in my life. Disgusted. :(

Maths was okay. I was so sad that I couldnt manage Q4! But Q7 was amazing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Unless of course you plan to have a career that involves the sciences, engineering, programming etc. :pac:

My degree is technically a science degree and involves algebra. :( I hope to god it's more like Junior Cert algebra than Leaving Cert algebra! :P Might just stick to languages... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Guys, it's friday, I'm bringing this thread back off-topic.

He's so fluffy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

What was so wrong with Geography?
    A lot of people were complaining in my school too so more controversy?
    If everybody does bad you won't do as badly as you think!

Unless of course you plan to have a career that involves the sciences, engineering, programming etc. :pac:

All my courses involve maths :(. Apart from my firm choice .
    As it's a computer business course and I asked the lecturer guy what kind of maths he said calculus . It's only first year though I hope it's not really difficult maths.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Guys, it's friday, I'm bringing this thread back off-topic.

He's so fluffy. :D

Speaking of cuteness, look at these guys!! :D

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Eathrin wrote: »

The q's were awkward and I misread a q and im down 6%, I should have read it properly but it was a sly one the sec pulled, like, I'm fairly annoyed tbh. The rest was fine.

Realizing I got part a's wrong in maths because I didnt change signs when I carried them over the equals. I feel like vomiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Realizing I got part a's wrong in maths because I didnt change signs when I carried them over the equals. I feel like vomiting.

That's a slip I think, you'll only lose a mark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

How did everyone get on?

Geography was revolting. I was close to tears seriously. By far the worst exam I've seen in my life. Disgusted. :(

Stop Geography was actually sh*t. I go into the exam knowing about 35 bloody essays and I only get to use 4. I had to make up my own regional answers and the none of my geoecology questions bar one that I had skimmed through last night! The mock was a piece of cake in comparison.

I still think despite all this I might just about manage the A1. I mean despite not having anything on regional I was able to think up answers on the spot. The geoecology answer I wrote was 4 pages long too. And considering everyone else did sh*t I think I'll be marked easier, hopefully :)

Oh btw, y'know the distribution of population question? Is that similar to urban expansion?

I think I did that at one point but then I realised what I'd done. I've no idea how I got that slope one wrong though. :( My x values just cancelled for dy/dx so it went to 0. :(

How did everyone get on?

Maths was okay. I was so sad that I couldnt manage Q4! But Q7 was amazing :pac:

I thought it went alright suprisingly. I answered Q2 that went okay, luckily I looked at the levees in the morning thinking I should look at this just incase deposition comes up and it did. I didn't remember a lot of what to say to explain it but I remembered the diagrams . The river rhine part I think I did okay but I know it was a little waffley. I answered the Q6 in regional I hadn't a clue how to answer the others and q6 had a graph and I just guessed the answers. The gda I randomly though of something I wasn't sure what to write for the gda but I managed a page and a half. The cultural I think I spoke about everything on the list. The human elective that was my worst question I dont know if I drew the graph right either. The option section was okay although I kept mixing up the titles.
    what questions did you do?

Eathrin wrote: »

Most people in my school thought it went ok or the few I asked :S. I think it depended on what you'd studied on what you though would come up. I thought it went ok my last years 2011 I found much harder I only barely passed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Almost fecked up on several part a)s and b)s but then I went back and realized.

Did most people leave out q 5? Cause my dad looked at it and said it's one of the easiest questions he's ever seen for a q.5. Same remark for the differentiation too :D

Starting Bio study in a while.

• Advertisement

In geography what was the question that was about the population distribution that came up in regional?
    I looked at the question and was like wtf I've never seen this in regional before? I didn't do that question , I didn't even know we had to know about that in regional

Did most people leave out q 5? Cause my dad looked at it and said it's one of the easiest questions he's ever seen for a q.5. Same remark for the differentiation too :D

I did it, it was really time-consuming but that's just 'cause of the method I used for b part 1 and 2. Couldn't do c though, it was harder that the usual induction. :cool: And I probably did part a wrong too, I'm not very good with logs. :pac:

In geography what was the question that was about the population distribution that came up in regional?
    I looked at the question and was like wtf I've never seen this in regional before? I didn't do that question , I didn't even know we had to know about that in regional

It was something like "Discuss how the population of an Irish region you have studied is distributed".
    I did it because I thought I could link it in to my Growth of Dublin answer..

Oh god if I don't get my A1 in Geography I will be sickened.

leaveiton wrote: »
    That's a slip I think, you'll only lose a mark :)
    Is it not a blunder? :(

I also got index laws wrong omg. I kinda needed Q5 after how bad Q4 went. But I think I might somehow have gotten 50/50 in Q7 :O I need it :(
    Stop Geography was actually sh*t. I go into the exam knowing about 35 bloody essays and I only get to use 4. I had to make up my own regional answers and the none of my geoecology questions bar one that I had skimmed through last night! The mock was a piece of cake in comparison.

I still think despite all this I might just about manage the A1. I mean despite not having anything on regional I was able to think up answers on the spot. The geoecology answer I wrote was 4 pages long too. And considering everyone else did sh*t I think I'll be marked easier, hopefully :)

Oh btw, y'know the distribution of population question? Is that similar to urban expansion?
    I used like 3 out of 40...so horrified. -_- My atmosphere-ocean was so bad. So, so bad, it was an actual joke, I'd never seen the stuff in my life. Sickened :(

It isnt no - its about the west/east and why people move to the east instead I think. We never covered it...
    That came up in Italy last year though? We hadnt covered it anyway :S

It was something like "Discuss how the population of an Irish region you have studied is distributed".
    I did it because I thought I could link it in to my Growth of Dublin answer..

Oh god if I don't get my A1 in Geography I will be sickened.

I didn't answer that the regionals all looked hard I did the q6 as it had the graph to analyse and I thought it would be a easy 20marks lol. The rest went okay or it felt like it did. I don't know what grade I'll get but it won't be a D maybe like a b3 it needs to be a b1 hopefully.

Gah in regional, anyone do the question with the part C about continental/sub-continental under 2 headings out of the ones they gave you? Language and religion was there, I picked language and just did the culture answer I learned (Indians, Hispanics, Asians) This wrong :(?

That came up in Italy last year though? We hadnt covered it anyway :S

Oh I'd never seen that kind of a question before, I studied most of regional myself I didn't think of learning that. Which regional question did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Not studying tonight. Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Is it not a blunder? :(

Hmm it could be. Look, either way it's only 3 marks from one question, you'll be grand!

• Advertisement

Ah lads this geography paper has been a complete shambles altogether :pac:

Well I suppose if everyone's doing bad then surely we'll do better than we thought, don't know how they'll change the marking scheme though :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement