Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Lol Coeur I have no idea what you're quoting on my Facebook picture? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

French done, German later in week. Bring it on is all I can say, yer one today was lovely, really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Irish went so well!!

She pronounced my surname differently to me so I just went with that, then I got mo-ghrasa :pac: Was absolutely brickin' it for the picture sequences and I got...
    Wait for it....

Timpiste :D Easca go leor!

Then she asked me no direct modh conniolach question coz I said 'go mbeadh' a few times :L The hardest q she asked was did I think Irish is dying, I'd done an essay on that just last week, omg i'm delighted with how it went :) love to know what mark she gave me though!

Hey were the questions really simple for you again? Or were you asked any funny ones apart from Irish dying? :)

Nope, literally none, was so surprised :O It went family, pastimes, TV/news, subjects I study/like/dont like, what I want to do in college and then do I think irish is dying as far as i remember :) she asked a few of us where we were born which was odd but not hard :P i was a bit surprised because i expected to be able to steer the conversation but she was really just listening then making up a new question instead of carrying it on, but ah well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

À vrai dire, le chômage/la crise économique/le réchauffement climatique est un sujet auquel je ne m'intéresse pas du tout, mais je comprends que c'est un problème très grave dans notre société et il faut qu'on fasse de son mieux de l'améliorer.
    To be honest, unemployment/recession/global warming is a topic in which i'm not at all interested, but I know it's a very serious problem in our society and we have to do everything we can to improve the situation.

Should suit most things and also has a shneaky subjunctive in there!

Thanks:) Have you got anything else? It's difficult enough even in English to think of some one for all sentences. Maybe something like: This problem is harming the youth of the country, it is difficult to come to a solution and we must do our best to help resolve the problem..etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Eathrin wrote: »
    Thanks:) Have you got anything else? It's difficult enough even in English to think of some one for all sentences. Maybe something like: This problem is harming the youth of the country, it is difficult to come to a solution and we must do our best to help resolve the problem..etc.
    Nous devons lutter contre la drogue/pollution tc. avant qu'il ne soit trop tard- We must fight against *problem* before it is too late (Subjunctive in there too)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Nous devons lutter contre la drogue/pollution tc. avant qu'il ne soit trop tard- We must fight against *problem* before it is too late (Subjunctive in there too)

Thanks and I know that's grammatically correct, I'm not challenging you, but could you explain to me where the "ne" fits in? Is ne...trop a construction (not too?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Ok so I am pretty confident for my oral as in all the mock ones we did I got A1s and A2s but I feel that if dont do that good I wont get my A2 in Irish :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

How long is everyones paragraph for each topic you're learning for french?
    Mine are usually only about 4/5 lines on each.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Thanks and I know that's grammatically correct, I'm not challenging you, but could you explain to me where the "ne" fits in? Is ne...trop a construction (not too?)
    ^ I actually have no idea! That's the way it was written on my notes, I thought that myself actually but your one laped it up today so it's probably ok! :P

• Advertisement

Cian/PF: its the ne expletif. it doesnt make it negative, it just goes with the subjunctive and a few other verbs or something, not too sure how it works myself. but hey, brownie points for one little word, just dont say pas after it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Cian, you could start off by saying something like 'Le chomage/le rechauffement climatique est devenu de plus en plus inquietant de nos jours' as well.

I'm trying to explain the plot of Groundhog Day in Irish, this is not going well

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

David1994 wrote: »
    Good to hear :D Did you have to recite the roleplay from memory?

I did yeah, it was grand :) Just when I was in the middle of the third paragraph, i was thinking "crap, have i said this already :confused:" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Oh thank God, my oral was moved to Thursday :pac: Glad to hear everyone got on well so far :D Here's hoping I do the same!

Flabangav wrote: »
    I did yeah, it was grand :) Just when I was in the middle of the third paragraph, i was thinking "crap, have i said this already :confused:" :P

Haha ok I will know to be able to recite them then :D Sorry one other question..Did you get to choose the roleplay??Or did the examiner?? :/

Don't have a clue when mine is anymore because all the music people changed theirs to the last day and now the order's messed up. Just want to get it over with and rip up all my sraiths, ugh

Music Pepz, who's ready for the exam tomorrow? I'm first up in my School, 4 Piano Solo + Tech. Unprepared= Rhythm Visual Sight-reading! :pac:

Wanna get it out of the way for good, the Rhythm Visual Sight-reading is the only one i'm kinda dreading! I've been inputting samples into Finale Notepad and trying to clap along with them and I seem to be doing fine! Here's hoping! What marks out of 200 are ye anticipating? I'm gonna be up again tomorrow at 5am to get in some last practise so the fingers aren't all weird! Are ye asking to do some scales/octaves before you start for warm-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

How do you say that you're the middle child in French? Can't find it anywhere, it's just youngest and oldest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

My orals were rather interesting. I do OL Irish and got asked a few HL question. :P She asked me the following tricky questions:

- Tell me about the life of a doctor
    - Tell me about the health system in Ireland
    - Tell me about the Education system in Ireland
    - What would you change on the Irish course
    - Do young people like Iirsh?
    - Is Iirish a nice language?

Lovely stuff. I manged to give basic, yet correct answers so I was delighted!

I honestly havent a clue how the examiners are going to be able to pick out questions from the pictures as most of information will be given already when describing the sequence :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

can anyone that done irish today confirm something i hear... iheard all the sraith pictures are on the table in envelopes and you pick one?

can anyone that done irish today confirm something i hear... iheard all the sraith pictures are on the table in envelopes and you pick one?

I think that is what happens alright :(

Siobhnk wrote: »
    How do you say that you're the middle child in French? Can't find it anywhere, it's just youngest and oldest.
    Je suis au milieu de la famille! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

David1994 wrote: »
    I think that is what happens alright :(

:( i'd rather have the examiner to blame if i get a ****e one :/ ....seriously tho after like the first 3...i just cant talk them...they seem to get stupider as they go along :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I haven't done mine yet but when the examiner was giving his little introductory talk he did mention about the student picking from envelopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Je suis au milieu de la famille! :)

Merci beaucoup! :)

Just ate a brioche. Totes studying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

:( i'd rather have the examiner to blame if i get a ****e one :/ ....seriously tho after like the first 3...i just cant talk them...they seem to get stupider as they go along :(:(

I HATE number 20! There's so little to say on it. I got it in my mock and as I just saw it come up a little part of me died inside!.. Here's hoping for Timpiste :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

In french how would you try to lead the conversation? I wasn't sure how to do that last year and I'm still not sure.
    Do you just try and include something you want to talk about in a previous answer?

How do you pronounce the "y's" in the middle of sentences? I always forget. Do you say "ya" or isit "e" or something else?

I still don't understand what actually happens in number 20.

I would loooove Timpiste, or Ta Se in Am Tosu ag Obair. Here's hoping...

• Advertisement

In french how would you try to lead the conversation? I wasn't sure how to do that last year and I'm still not sure.
    Do you just try and include something you want to talk about in a previous answer?

How do you pronounce the "y's" in the middle of sentences? I always forget. Do you say "ya" or isit "e" or something else?
    it's e

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement