Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I never study on Fridays. EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

So much for college ... repeat 2kaii13 lawds :P :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Is it not a blunder? :(

I think it's a slip. Aren't arithmetic errors just slips?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

I dunno is this just in my school but, my examiner is a little old man and when he starts giving out the paper it takes him forever! Typical me I'm at the end and everyone has actually had the paper for a good 5 minutes before me! Like I know it seems a bit of a petty complaint but I find it so irrating! And, I was forced to stop writing at 4:30 on the dot for maths today. He stood on front of me and took away my log tables - which I was clearly reading from. :mad:
    Sorry for such a long post but I'm wondering should I say it to my principle? or is it a similar situation round the country?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Don't be ridiculous, you've done 1 1/2 exams.
    Chin up, the next one will be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

haro124 wrote: »
    Won't make a whit of difference to ye!
    Togepi wrote: »
    This new Irish paper better be nicer than the old one! :P I thought it was something serious, could they not just change the aural? :cool:
    Are the questions for it not on the paper though?
    Togepi wrote: »
    I remember this...
    So do I! :rolleyes:

We had something like 1,100 still viewing the forum at 1 in the morning the night the news broke, extra mods drafted in to try to keep it some way under control and contain the rumours and misinformation and panic!!
    Eathrin wrote: »
    Why does that discomfort me?
    I don't know, sure knowing you you haven't even started studying for it yet! :P

I dunno is this just in my school but, my examiner is a little old man and when he starts giving out the paper it takes him forever! Typical me I'm at the end and everyone has actually had the paper for a good 5 minutes before me! Like I know it seems a bit of a petty complaint but I find it so irrating! And, I was forced to stop writing at 4:30 on the dot for maths today. He stood on front of me and took away my log tables - which I was clearly reading from. :mad:
    Sorry for such a long post but I'm wondering should I say it to my principle? or is it a similar situation round the country?? :confused:

I get my paper first in the exam centre, but we're not allowed to open them.
    Then it gets collected first and the people at the end have about 4-5 minutes extra to write while she goes around oh so slowly to collect. Quite unfair if you ask me.

Don't be ridiculous, you've done 1 1/2 exams.
    Chin up, the next one will be better.

No really I'm being deadly serious :( Oh god the thoughts of project maths for paper 1 :eek:
    I'll do the best I can in the rest of course but I think I'll be repeating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

No really I'm being deadly serious :( Oh god the thoughts of project maths for paper 1 :eek:

Same boat. Honestly just feel like not doing the rest of the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Yeah I've discovered that since. We had just a single sheet for the mock because we didn't do an aural. :rolleyes:

So do I! :rolleyes:

We had something like 1,100 still viewing the forum at 1 in the morning the night the news broke, extra mods drafted in to try to keep it some way under control and contain the rumours and misinformation and panic!!

My brother was doing the Leaving then and he was one of the last to hear it, only found out when his friend texted him asking was he learning all the poets that came up. :pac:

• Advertisement

Don't make assumptions, especially when you're tired and the adrenalin buzz is fading with the attendant low that follows it. :)

Sure knowing you you haven't even started studying for it yet! :P

I am outraged and offended Randy:mad:
    I'm not denying anything...
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

This leaving cert's a right b1tch isn't it.

I am outraged and offended Randy:mad:
    Ah here, if you want to be outraged and offended, I can do MUCH better than that!! :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I think I may be repeating as well :/

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Our examiners let us stay after the exam for ten minutes to let us finish off, well they'l say the time is up but wont approach you until ten minutes has passed... Its really nice of them, cause in most circumstances all people need are 10 minutes extra to finish their exams

Same, its horrible :( I'm sick of coming home feeling awful and feeling I did way better in my mocks :/
    Don't make assumptions, especially when you're tired and the adrenalin buzz is fading with the attendant low that follows it. :)

Randy all of my exams so far have been dreadful, orals included. I need a B1 in maths and I'm certain I haven't and will not get it :/ P2 only ever brings me down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm so worried I'll have to repeat again if I fail maths . This is really stressing me out. I'll do fine in every subject but maths :(.
    I probably need like 100% in order to pass since I pretty much failed paper 1.
    I really want to do computer enterprise it requires a c3 the rest of my courses require just a D though,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I bet you'll be graaand come results day in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

I concur. Honestly, when English went the way it did (and it's my best subject), I'm just lacking in enthusiasm/energy now (I'm not looking for attention or consoling here BTW) and I'm pretty convinced that based on how things are going, I'll be repeating next year...

On a different note, here's a dramatic reading of 'I'm Sexy and I Know It':

• Advertisement

I'm so worried I'll have to repeat again if I fail maths . This is really stressing me out. I'll do fine in every subject but maths :(.
    I probably need like 100% in order to pass since I pretty much failed paper 1.
    I really want to do computer enterprise it requires a c3 the rest of my courses require just a D though,

I'm in the same boat, I need at least a C3 in all my subjects to get into my course.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

You can add me to the list of repeats too especially after that maths today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Oh I'd never seen that kind of a question before, I studied most of regional myself I didn't think of learning that. Which regional question did you do?
    I did Q5 but I had to stop in shock, I thought I was accidently doing physical. I basically just did formation of karst landscapes as a "distinctive area" and thew in a few "this defines it as unique"s, ugh. The Paris Q was dreadful too. :( You?
    leaveiton wrote: »
    Hmm it could be. Look, either way it's only 3 marks from one question, you'll be grand!
    True, but I'm finding more and more errors, ughhhhhh D:
    finality wrote: »
    I think it's a slip. Aren't arithmetic errors just slips?
    I hope so :( It caused me to get the wrong value of A then, but if they dont penalise my twice maybe I'll still get 9/10. :(

You guys can count me in on the repeating list. Seriously. I cant even handle how awful these exams are, its a joke. :mad:

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, I need at least a C3 in all my subjects to get into my course.

Are you repeating this year as well?
    What course have you got down?
    I've dcu computer enterprise my other courses need a D a they're computer related.
    I'm not even that good at project maths as I dob't have a clue what I'm doing my teacher didn't teach it to us well. I only had a year to learn project maths. I'm really freaking out. Every subject but maths will be a good grade. It's so awkward if I fail maths again and I don't have a 7th subject .

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

Dapics wrote: »
    Our examiners let us stay after the exam for ten minutes to let us finish off, well they'l say the time is up but wont approach you until ten minutes has passed... Its really nice of them, cause in most circumstances all people need are 10 minutes extra to finish their exams

Aw that's really nice!! Wish I had a nice examiner, hopefully he'll ease off next week! :) Might ask the principle to have a shly word with him! ;)

Randy are you able to repeat again in the same place? The place I'm in were saying that you can't :S.
    I'm slightly worried if I fail paper 2 thats me repeating again. I really hope I pass paper 2 but just to know if the worst comes to worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I feel like I didn't even get a C3 in maths today :( It is my only OL subject and only need to pass it..But I just would of liked to get at least a B3 :/ I feel like **** tbh :P I really dunno why I am stressing over the subject I am not counting.

Are you repeating this year as well?
    What course have you got down?
    I've dcu computer enterprise my other courses need a D a they're computer related.
    I'm not even that good at project maths as I dob't have a clue what I'm doing my teacher didn't teach it to us well. I only had a year to learn project maths. I'm really freaking out. Every subject but maths will be a good grade. It's so awkward if I fail maths again and I don't have a 7th subject .

I'm doing Computer Applications at DCU - it's 340 points and I'm almost exactly in the same boat as you.

I'm not very good at maths lol

I'm trying not to repeat but it seems likely at this stage.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I did Q5 but I had to stop in shock, I thought I was accidently doing physical. I basically just did formation of karst landscapes as a "distinctive area" and thew in a few "this defines it as unique"s, ugh. The Paris Q was dreadful too. :( You?

Oh I did Q6 yeah that question looked really difficult . I didn't even study karst landscapes I forgot to look at that question. I did the 2nd I forgot the 2nd way that you measure earthquakes. I think that question went okay though.

• Advertisement

Randy are you able to repeat again in the same place? The place I'm in were saying that you can't :S.
    I'd imagine it's up to the school tbh.

Seriously, folks, don't be too fast to decide it's all over ... in my experience the students who come out saying (and believing) that they did really badly often do quite well.

Concentrate on the exams that are left, do your very best in them, and see what happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement