Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I'm doing Computer Applications at DCU - it's 340 points and I'm almost exactly in the same boat as you.

I'm not very good at maths lol

I'm trying not to repeat but it seems likely at this stage.

Oh our courses are together then for computer enterprise for first year . I don't know by how much I need to pass project maths probably by 100%. I have level 7s or nci if I get a D so I'm fine with those. I have sheffield hallam if I fail maths I just need to make sure I get B/As though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

After the Heaney-Plath fiasco I'm beginning to wonder will project maths even happen, maybe it was just another ploy to make the papers more "unpredictable" and they'll give us the old paper 2 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Am I the only here who actually, dare I say it....almost..kinda..

Enjoys doing the exams? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Martin_94 wrote: »
    After the Heaney-Plath fiasco I'm beginning to wonder will project maths even happen, maybe it was just another ploy to make the papers more unpredictable and they'll give us the old paper 2 instead.

I don't get why everyone expected Plath to come up, it was never that likely. :confused: As for Heaney, I did think he'd be there, but there was always a chance they'd leave him off. They can't have predictable exams every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Wesc. wrote: »

Enjoying the fact that I'm not blanking, and that it doesn't feel like the LC but just an extended summer test. Was more nervous about the Pre caus I knew I'd be in **** if I didn't do well:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

:D

4f85088b186133411f06ed6b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    I don't get why everyone expected Plath to come up, it was never that likely. :confused: As for Heaney, I did think he'd be there, but there was always a chance they'd leave him off. They can't have predictable exams every year.

I was counting on Plath *puts on hipster glasses* long before everybody started doing it, not because she was likely, but because she was actually really interesting to write about. While everybody was going on about what a depressing poet she was in my school at one point I'd say I was the only one considering doing Plath because I found her genuinely fascinating. Was really pissed when everybody jumped on the Plathwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Maybe people thought Heaney because he was only on the 2012 course and off the next year then back on the one after which is strange :S.

I really wanted to answer on Plath she was my favourite poet. The most interesting , I really like her poems too. I really wanted to answer on her.
    I'm glad I got the chance to study her poems though she's great :).

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Almost fecked up on several part a)s and b)s but then I went back and realized.

Did most people leave out q 5? Cause my dad looked at it and said it's one of the easiest questions he's ever seen for a q.5. Same remark for the differentiation too :D

Starting Bio study in a while.

I did them all, wasn't mad about Q5 but Q4 was absolutely incredible. I'm not great at S&S and I think 4 was one of my very best questions, it was gorgeous!

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    I was counting on Plath *puts on hipster glasses* long before everybody started doing it, not because she was likely, but because she was actually really interesting to write about. While everybody was going on about what a depressing poet she was in my school at one point I'd say I was the only one considering doing Plath because I found her genuinely fascinating. Was really pissed when everybody jumped on the Plathwagon.

Same as, she was the only poet that was interesting, and she talked about important and interesting stuff. The rest of the poets I just found boring.

Who wants to hear about a sexy skunk?

I'm just glad I didn't get caught out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Eathrin wrote: »

Plath and Larkin were the only two I found remotely interesting. Except Rich I suppose, she was alright, but I think she was moreso the best of a bad bunch when compared to the rest of them :P Thank god my babe Philo was on the paper yesterday though! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm loving the fact that I've done very well in all of them so far.I've stopped a few times during the exams and just had to remind myself that this is the real thing.I'm more relaxed for the LC than I've been for Christmas or Summer tests.

The only tests I'm realy worried about are physics and accounting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Same as, she was the only poet that was interesting, and she talked about important and interesting stuff. The rest of the poets I just found boring.

Who wants to hear about a sexy skunk?

I genuinely enjoyed Heaney and Plath. So much that I could write about them for ages no bother. Then that self obsessed Kavanagh came up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Everyone seems to be finding the exams really hard and surprising this year. :(

(Is it so glad that this almost makes me happy because so far apart from maths everything went swimmingly and this means that I might be put ahead of average on the bell curve? :D)

Chavways wrote: »
    I'm loving the fact that I've done very well in all of them so far.I've stopped a few times during the exams and just had to remind myself that this is the real thing.I'm more relaxed for the LC than I've been for Christmas or Summer tests.

The only tests I'm realy worried about are physics and accounting.

Apart from the fact that you do accounting, I think every sentence you said refers to me! :P I have a beautiful 4 and a half days for Physics though... if I don't get an A1 I will be so sad :( And with the way exams are going so far, I'd expect a strange paper! I'd say the particle physics question will have some sly questions in it too.

Apart from the fact that you do accounting, I think every sentence you said refers to me! :P I have a beautiful 4 and a half days for Physics though... if I don't get an A1 I will be so sad :( And with the way exams are going so far, I'd expect a strange paper! I'd say the particle physics question will have some sly questions in it too.

I reckon we're gonna get a really STS-oriented question, something we've never studied properly but have to figure out how it works and talk about the principles it's based on. :/

I reckon we're gonna get a really STS-oriented question, something we've never studied properly but have to figure out how it works and talk about the principles it's based on. :/

Yeah I really wouldn't be surprised.. I think I'll just know every aspect of the course inside out the best I can apart from waves and sound (they're so boring).I think the experiments will be weird this year too.. At least I do applied maths for the mechanics question so that's one covered :pac:

Yeah I really wouldn't be surprised.. I think I'll just know every aspect of the course inside out the best I can apart from waves and sound (they're so boring).I think the experiments will be weird this year too.. At least I do applied maths for the mechanics question so that's one covered :pac:

Same here with the Applied Maths, it's so handy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Dear christ I don't even want to think about what physics will be like judging by the exams I've done so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Jesus, I don't ever want these results back. Awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

'Don't worry, the pres are worse than the real thing' is the biggest lie since santa :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I feel so sick going into exams as well. I know its nerves...but I wish it was just normal nervousness I could do something about!

Namlub wrote: »
    'Don't worry, the pres are worse than the real thing' is the biggest lie since santa :'(

What ever do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Dear christ I don't even want to think about what physics will be like judging by the exams I've done so far.

Oh god I didn't even think of that until now, I failed (38%) in my mock although it was kind of sacrificed for other subjects.

I've gotten on fine but not really looking forward to Physics.

Namlub wrote: »

I'm fairly sure that's only true for the Junior Cert. People always say it for the Leaving, and the teachers are always like well, actually... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

What ever do you mean?

Martin, I don't know how to tell you this but...

Mocks are unrealistic because they are marked against marking scheme, Leaving cert is marked against population. Also, correctors of the mocks are often students and do not give two ****s if they do a proper job.
    So it could work either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Mocks are a waste of money and student's time. Wish schools didn't emphasise their importance as an indicator of capability in exam conditions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement