Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

reznov wrote: »
    Mocks are a waste of money and student's time. Wish schools didn't emphasise their importance as an indicator of capability in exam conditions.

Yeah that's true, but if they were carried out correctly and they had proper correcters they wouldn't be too bad. I benifited a lot from learning the timing, apart from that- pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm not going to lie, having given it thought I am very pleased about Maths paper 1, I am completely sure I got an A1 and I hope the rest of my exams go just as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Eathrin wrote: »
    I'm not going to lie, having given it thought I am very pleased about Maths paper 1, I am completely sure I got an A1 and I hope the rest of my exams go just as well!

Your results are futile as you nevertheless are repeating alongside me as originally agreed. :)

I can't wait for Sunday because of the Ireland match, but then again I'm dreading the weekend because I have a lot of work to do. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Whats been everyones best exam so far or which do you think will be your best exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Your results are futile as you nevertheless are repeating alongside me as originally agreed. :)

You're like a brainslug from Futurama:p
    Yes, I will repeat for Reznov.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Hate the mocks now - I got 525 because they were LOGICAL and based on past exams. I will seriously drop over 100 points because, while I *do* know the info and I'm not just cutting courses bone thin, its impossible to focus on obscure aspects and learn it all equally well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 motorola1337

Whats been everyones best exam so far or which do you think will be your best exam?

So far maths has been the best one :P and since im doing pass i think you know why ;D but economics or accounting will be the best result i get back in august :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I really hope I do ok in Maths Paper 2 because I don't want to see a bad result in Maths when I pick up my results :/ Scared I didn't even get a C in Paper 1!
    Maths has always been my worst subject and only getting a C3 in pass would be so discouraging... :(

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Hate the mocks now - I got 525 because they were LOGICAL and based on past exams. I will seriously drop over 100 points because, while I *do* know the info and I'm not just cutting courses bone thin, its impossible to focus on obscure aspects and learn it all equally well.

Rural Quinn has certainly pulled a trick from his sleeve this year. Predictability has lowered.

Rich's death screwed the Plath predictions though. Really do believe that is why they switched the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Rural Quinn has certainly pulled a trick from his sleeve this year. Predictability has lowered.

Rich's death screwed the Plath predictions though. Really do believe that is why they switched the papers.

At the risk of sounding like a total eejit, when did they switch the papers?! :eek:

At the risk of sounding like a total eejit, when did they switch the papers?! :eek:

Oh I worded that poorly. I think they may have switched the paper to include Rich. Although just a thought.

Could they have heard of all the people only learning Plath and Heaney, and then decided to switch it?

They've been really sly this year, in other subjects too, just look at todays Geography.

Rich came up in 2008, 2010 and 2012. When you think about it. Not really that unpredictable. Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Could they have heard of all the people only learning Plath and Heaney, and then decided to switch it?

They've been really sly this year, in other subjects too, just look at todays Geography.

They could just look at boards.ie

Boards.ie leaving cert must shut down so they don't know what is predicted. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Never thought I'd say this but Project Maths may be exactly what I need to get me out of this bad spell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I really doubt they switched the papers, they would have already been printed at that point and it would have just been such a huge waste of money.

Yeah it seems unlikely, but just a thought.......

I'm pretty sure they print them all just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Patchy~ wrote: »

^^

This!! It's exactly how I feel about the exams this year! Thank you for wording it so effectively for me Patchy! :D

Boards.ie leaving cert must shut down so they don't know what is predicted. :p

If we had been smart we would have organised fake conversations discussing what we didn't want to have on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

I heard they always make two batches of papers though? Just in case someone decides to pull another louth.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    If we had been smart we would have organised fake conversations discussing what we didn't want to have on the paper.

So.... I hear that Probability is on the Project Maths along with many trigonometric proofs. Awesome. I'd have hated if they gave basic geometric problems! Psh.

rosualt wrote: »
    I heard they always make two batches of papers though? Just in case someone decides to pull another louth.

Yeh they do, sure that's whats happening with our Irish.

So.... I hear that Probability is on the Project Maths along with many trigonometric proofs. Awesome. I'd have hated if they gave basic geometric problems! Psh.

wow I was going to learn SIMPSONS RULE guess I wont anymore! THAT WOULD WOULD NEVER COME UP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

rosualt wrote: »

Yeah they do, like what'll happen with our Irish paper, but in the article in the Times about that today it said that the "Louth incident" (to paraphrase you :P) cost something like €2 million. Granted, I don't know how much of that was printing, there must have been costs in distributing, it might have been higher because it was last minute, etc, but either way it'd be a hell of a lot of money to waste just because Rich died/everyone thought Plath would be on.

HowAreWe wrote: »
    wow I was going to learn SIMPSONS RULE guess I wont anymore! THAT WOULD WOULD NEVER COME UP

Ha! Simpsons rule, never in a life time. It's funny as it was predicted that types of biases would also be on the paper, but don't think they will be now.

Yeah, and could you imagine if the Irish paper was written in English and we had to answer in English too....I would so hate that. I hope that doesn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I would really hate if they asked all of the proofs and constructions on Paper 2. That would be awful :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement