Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

leaveiton wrote: »
    Yeah they do, like what'll happen with our Irish paper, but in the article in the Times about that today it said that the "Louth incident" (to paraphrase you :P) cost something like €2 million. Granted, I don't know how much of that was printing, there must have been costs in distributing, it might have been higher because it was last minute, etc, but either way it'd be a hell of a lot of money to waste just because Rich died/everyone thought Plath would be on.
    Rich was an influential feminist. What can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

To speak in non coded speak for a minute, what on earth is Simpsons Rule and what section is it in?
    WHY AM I CONSTANTLY FINDING NEW PAPER TWO TOPICS?!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Chuchoter wrote: »
    To speak in non coded speak for a minute, what on earth is Simpsons Rule and what section is it in?

it'll be in question 1. (OL)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Chuchoter wrote: »

It's Ordinary Level I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I would really hate if they asked all of the proofs and constructions on Paper 2. That would be awful :D

Another thing I would hate, would be If they gave us ice cream before and after each exam.......Are you listening SEC.....I would hate if we were given Ice cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

It's Ordinary Level I think

Oh thank god. The central limits theorem thing scared me enough :P

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Another thing I would hate, would be If they gave us ice cream before and after each exam.......Are you listening SEC.....I would hate if we were given Ice cream.

SEC, don't you dare publish the Paper two marking schemes this evening. You won't like it when I'm angry. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

SIMPSONS RULE IS NOT COMING UP, I PREDICT IT.

NO PAPER 2 WONT BE A COLORING BOOK

Ruari Quinn: To the SEC HQ, we've got some exam papers to change, and more importantly.....some Ice Cream to buy!

• Advertisement

Oh and SEC, don't cancel the LC this year. It may cause an outrage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Do people actually like proofs and theorems?
    Being serious for a moment, I think they are a ridiculous waste of exam space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Eathrin wrote: »

I think it's ridiculous that we have to learn them, but once you know them, they're easy marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I hate them with a passion but I love constructions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Well if you're not smart like me then it's nice to be guaranteed marks. I can see why you think that though.

Absolutely are a waste, but their aim to aid you in understanding concepts behind math better. (:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Paper 2 will become my best friend this weekend :).
    I won't give up on maths if I keep thinking pessimistic it'll reflect on my exams . Come on maths paper 2 :) .

Constructions aren't bad, but I hate losing marks for being fractionally out on something!

jeez...4-1 to Russia....they could cause a few shake ups me thinks.

jeez...4-1 to Russia....they could cause a few shake ups me thinks.

I'm already slipping into Euro's mode. Today was grand to be watching but from here on...I will not watch, I will not watch, I will not watch.
    Damn why is temptation so tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I've recently developed a huge interest for tennis! I can't wait for the French Open Final between Nadal and Djockovic it's going to be a fascinating match! :D I'd recommend watching it!

I'm already slipping into Euro's mode. Today was grand to be watching but from here on...I will not watch, I will not watch, I will not watch.
    Damn why is temptation so tempting.

I'm gonna try and watch every game, like....the LC's important ya know......but this is the Euros and Ireland don't qualify to many things. I can repeat the LC, I can't repeat Euro 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've always wondered why we learn certain topics in maths that we won't use when we leave school?
    Like why do we learn algebra or functions and calculus, sequences and series etc. ?
    Just curious it'd be interesting if I actually knew what these could be applied to in real life lol.

I'm gonna try and watch every game, like....the LC's important ya know......but this is the Euros and Ireland don't qualify to many things. I can repeat the LC, I can't repeat Euro 2012.

Sure you might as well repeat your whole life and be an LCer forever. Life on,y happens once!

I've always wondered why we learn certain topics in maths that we won't use when we leave school?
    Like why do we learn algebra or functions and calculus, sequences and series etc. ?
    Just curious it'd be interesting if I actually knew what these could be applied to in real life lol.

well, you could say that about any subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

English went horribly. Maths went disgustingly. NO ****ING FIRST PRINCIPLES ON ORDINARY LEVEL WHUT?!

Spending the weekend doing a Business paper, some French and a maths paper two.

Huge variety of applications, just search the Internet. Maths is one of the only useful subjects at in school.

The Internet itself is based on numerous functions and algorithms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

reznov wrote: »
    Rural Quinn has certainly pulled a trick from his sleeve this year. Predictability has lowered.

Rich's death screwed the Plath predictions though. Really do believe that is why they switched the papers.
    What a cnut. I think its terribly unfair that they've made such a HUGE difference this year and no other year. OBVIOUSLY they're "entitled" to but it's a really sh1tty thing to do.

Plus if they have to keep their precious bell curve it doesnt really matter how predictable the exams are. They could easily just make the exams lesss predictable but the absolute confusion in some of the geography wording today was so off-putting.
    ^^

This!! It's exactly how I feel about the exams this year! Thank you for wording it so effectively for me Patchy! :D
    My pleasure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

In fairness they're all huge parts of engineering courses etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

So how many exams do you all have left? I feel good having 5 done and 5 to go! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement