Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

So how many exams do you all have left? I feel good having 5 done and 5 to go! :D

3 done, 6 to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

So how many exams do you all have left? I feel good having 5 done and 5 to go! :D

I've done 3... 8 to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Quitting the LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Hate the mocks now - I got 525 because they were LOGICAL and based on past exams. I will seriously drop over 100 points because, while I *do* know the info and I'm not just cutting courses bone thin, its impossible to focus on obscure aspects and learn it all equally well.

Listen, you haven't even done enough exams to have dropped 100 points yet! English/Geography papers being less than predictable does not mean that every other subject will follow the same trend, and English is one of the most punishing exams if something unexpected happens. Everything else will be fine :)

If you're finding them hard, the rest of the country is too, there has to be a bell curve so if you've been maintaining a high standard throughout the year and you've put in the work, it'll pay off :)
    HowAreWe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they print them all just in case.

No, they only print off the papers that have been decided on. If they need to go with the back up paper for any reason they have to print those then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

3 done 4 to go :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

reznov wrote: »
    Ha! Simpsons rule, never in a life time. It's funny as it was predicted that types of biases would also be on the paper, but don't think they will be now.

I thought that was junior cert. Didn't even know that was on our course :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Anybody doing accounting here?
    I'm properly fúcked if they take away the predictability, I have bared the course down so so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

3 done, 7 to go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Studying hard for maths paper 2

Temperapedic-640x944.png

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Plus if they have to keep their precious bell curve it doesnt really matter how predictable the exams are. They could easily just make the exams lesss predictable but the absolute confusion in some of the geography wording today was so off-putting.

But how would they change the geography marking scheme :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Eathrin wrote: »
    I'm properly fúcked if they take away the predictability, I have bared the course down so so much.

What have you narrowed it down to? If you're doing question 1 and you have some time before the exam, try and make sure you know the basics of the workings in all the options that could come up, there aren't huge differences between them all but its easy to be caught out if you've completely ignored them.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

3 down, 8 to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Have 4 down so far, 6 to go :)

I've been playing darts for at least the last hour. I got so good I've started throwing between my legs, got a bullseye, feel pro. No study done, meh, it's Friday.

The real question is, should I learn geometric optics for physics? I've done everything else...I just hate optics so much :S

What have you narrowed it down to? If you're doing question 1 and you have some time before the exam, try and make sure you know the basics of the workings in all the options that could come up, there aren't huge differences between them all but its easy to be caught out if you've completely ignored them.

I'm hoping for Company Accounts in Q1, I should probably take a look at Manufacturing to cover myself.
    I'm hoping Q5 is interpretation as always.
    Q7 must be a suspense A/C, that'll make or break me.
    Q8 I'm hoping is product costing.

I've done so little accounting, I'm worried I may not get a good grade because I never get things right, just very close to right.

Haha funniest one yet

Rage-Comics---NO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Lads Paddypower Euro 2012 Groups straight forecast for 1st/2nd place
    Germany/Holland
    Spain/Ireland
    France/Sweden
    Put on a tenner, comes through you get 2 and a half grand :):pac: Confident Ireland can pull second, Sweden might screw me over, hoping England flop. Worth a go I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Chuchoter wrote: »
    The real question is, should I learn geometric optics for physics? I've done everything else...I just hate optics so much :S

Snap. Optics is a dick. I'd go back over everything else instead if I were you, optics can only be one question.

Chuchoter wrote: »

I think in Physics it's alright to leave out 1 section you don't like, but no more, skim over for the short questions but no point in wasting your time beyond that.

• Advertisement

imagesyo-2ddawg-small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Hayezer wrote: »
    Lads Paddypower Euro 2012 Groups straight forecast for 1st/2nd place
    Germany/Holland
    Spain/Ireland
    France/Sweden
    Put on a tenner, comes through you get 2 and a half grand :):pac: Confident Ireland can pull second, Sweden might screw me over, hoping England flop. Worth a go I'd say!

That was my leading bet in my article :pac: Got on it today between Geog and Maths:D

Like if it came down to it I could probably swing a question on it...just prefer not to. :S

The truth

yo-dawg-i-hear-u-have-trouble-undestanding-math-and-science.jpg

Lolz.

funny-SpongeBob-magic-trick.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

That's it, I'm not taking any more crap from the leaving cert!! :mad: I'm totally gonna fight back Monday in P2 ... I'm getting my course god dammit, I worked too hard not to :(
    Yes I've finally got over my maths disaster after a dmc with my teacher :D and a few friends ( thanks patch :P :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

Eathrin wrote: »

i haven't done accounting in a year because i didn't want to go to class:D, and the exam screwed me over last year.. have 3 days beforehand so i'll be hoping for a miracle.
    the only thing i'm afraid of is if they put up a departmental account as q1.. they better put up sole trader or company, they're the only ones i can half do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Ughhh I've done no study today.... disappointed. Tomorrow though I will... ALL FRIGGAN DAY
    BIOLOGY AND MATHS TIME HERE WE COME!

French...meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

any one else finding this leaving cert grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

That's it, I'm not taking any more crap from the leaving cert!! :mad: I'm totally gonna fight back Monday in P2 ... I'm getting my course god dammit, I worked too hard not to :(
    Yes I've finally got over my maths disaster after a dmc with my teacher :D and a few friends ( thanks patch :P :) )
    That's the attitude to have, I hope it all goes well for you! :D

Btw, whichever of you started talking about the show Community in here the other day will be blamed if I fail the leaving. I started watching it on Tuesday and I'm already on season 2 :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement