Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I CANNOT mess up Irish or Maths. I'm relying on those two A1s for a solid foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

I'm liking the sudden optimism in this thread.

I WILL CONQUER THE LEAVING CERT 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

Btw, whichever of you started talking about the show Community in here the other day will be blamed if I fail the leaving. I started watching it on Tuesday and I'm already on season 2 :P

Check out the Office (US) too! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Eathrin wrote: »
    I CANNOT mess up Irish or Maths. I'm relying on those two A1s for a solid foundation.

A1 you lunatic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

That's the attitude to have, I hope it all goes well for you! :D

Thanks a million Coeur :D I hope it goes to plan, just need to get an A1 in project maths... dun dun dun mission impossible :D

And sorry guys if I seem like a moody girl right now... but I must remind you that I am a moody girl and nothing has gone right for me so please accept my apology :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Need the Irish A1 also. Hoping for some nice essay titles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Awesome procrastination shows to watch online (If you haven't already watched most you should be ashamed)

Sons of Anarchy
    Game of thrones
    Breaking Bad
    The Walking Dead
    Boardwalk Empire
    Spartacus (A bit man fleshy, poor enough acting but good fight scenes)
    The Wire
    Rome
    The Borgias
    Blue Bloods
    Bored to Death (Alright)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Wesc. wrote: »
    But how would they change the geography marking scheme :confused:
    Exactly. I imagine SRPs will be very generously accepted or else the bell curve will be very skewed. My class all wrote about the wrong stuff from what they were telling me, the sad part was they didnt seem to realize so I didnt rain on their parade. Until one of them started telling me I was going to fail HL maths and then fail my LC as a "joke" and I pointed out that he messed up the elective :L
    I've been playing darts for at least the last hour. I got so good I've started throwing between my legs, got a bullseye, feel pro. No study done, meh, it's Friday.
    :eek:

An A1 in foundation should be doable! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Awesome procrastination shows to watch online (If you haven't already watched most you should be ashamed)

Sons of Anarchy
    Game of thrones
    Breaking Bad
    The Walking Dead
    Boardwalk Empire
    The Wire
    Rome
    The Borgias
    Blue Bloods
    Bored to Death (Alright)

And if you've watched none...? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm relying on economics and business to save me I need an A . Business I really hope I can get it. I have 5 days to get it right. I've studied business for years and I've improved a lot this year. I need that A but business is annoying with the verbs. Economics I've only picked it up this year. I might stick with micro if it's marked fairer some questions are hard I 'll learn more macro too.
    I really need an A . I need to make up for any grades I may have missed. I'm hoping my firm choice will still accept me if I get an A in business and economics but I really need to pass maths with a C first. Or my insurance it is or maybe nci.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Sons of Anarchy
    Game of thrones
    Breaking Bad
    The Walking Dead
    Boardwalk Empire
    The Wire
    Rome
    The Borgias
    Blue Bloods
    Bored to Death (Alright)

I watch a lot of tv and spend a lot of time on the internet, and I haven't watched any of those shows.

Leaving Cert what have you done to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Does anyone know where I can find the proofs for theorems 11 12 and 13 on the project maths website? I've tried looking but I can't find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

leaveiton wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find the proofs for theorems 11 12 and 13 on the project maths website? I've tried looking but I can't find them.

http://www.ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Post-Primary_Education/Project_Maths/Syllabuses_and_Assessment/LC_Maths_for_examination_in_2012.pdf
    P.56

Anyone who does business?
    whats the most likely abqs that we could get?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Anyone who does business?
    whats the most likely abqs that we could get?

TQM... It's a defo.
    Also Changing role of management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I've only watched Spartacus, my tastes are so highbrow.

I swear starting to watch Game Of Thrones will probably end up being the high point of my summer. And I've so many books to read as well /nerd

M&S* wrote: »

Thanks, but I find the way they're done out there very confusing. The way we did them in class was from somewhere on the project maths website itself but now I can't find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Togepi wrote: »

Sons of Anarchy
    Game of thrones
    Breaking Bad
    The Walking Dead
    Boardwalk Empire
    The Wire
    Rome
    The Borgias
    Blue Bloods
    Bored to Death (Alright)

And if you've watched none...? :o

The walking dead is amazing. I wouldn't have survived LC without it. <3

Dapics wrote: »
    TQM... It's a defo.

Nothing is definite.
    Lessons learned.

Found the proofs, never mind :)

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    I've only watched Spartacus, my tastes are so highbrow.

I swear starting to watch Game Of Thrones will probably end up being the high point of my summer. And I've so many books to read as well /nerd
    Oh I'd normally read a lot but I didn't do much this year because I fill up my "Conscience mind" with stuff from the book and can't take in my school work. Only read three books this year, best one being 'the Fearless man' by Donald Pfarrer I think. Brilliant book about Vietnam.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I watch a lot of tv and spend a lot of time on the internet, and I haven't watched any of those shows.

Leaving Cert what have you done to me.
    The only ones I haven't watched through are Rome and The wire (I know, probably one of the best). I love good TV and books.

I have a big list of shows I'm meaning to watch through in the summer too.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Why is it that when the Leaving Cert is on I suddenly care if Greece beat Poland or Russia beat the Czech Republic?:rolleyes:

Nothing is definite.
    Lessons learned.

Do I smell Poppies?

TQM... It's a defo.
    Nothing is definite.
    Lessons learned.

Maybe they'll put on a business plan that came up in the examcraft?
    I haven't had much practice with the business plans so I really hope that doesn't come up. I'm hoping it'll be on insurance or business expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

TQM... It's a defo.

Which for LC 2012 means it's defo not coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Do I smell Poppies?

I think the oven's on...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

"Treating yourself to Dominos because you cant bear to go near the oven."

I found this too funny.

It's a shame-us Heaney didn't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

reznov wrote: »
    Rural Quinn has certainly pulled a trick from his sleeve this year. Predictability has lowered.
    As I've pointed out before, the SEC have been hinting for years that they intended to make the LC gradually less cast-iron predictable, before Quinn was ever appointed minister.

And there were a few unexpected twists last year as well. I remember a LOT of squawking about one of the Maths HL papers for example.
    leaveiton wrote: »
    Yeah they do, like what'll happen with our Irish paper, but in the article in the Times about that today it said that the "Louth incident" (to paraphrase you :P) cost something like €2 million. Granted, I don't know how much of that was printing, there must have been costs in distributing, it might have been higher because it was last minute, etc, but either way it'd be a hell of a lot of money to waste just because Rich died/everyone thought Plath would be on.
    Printing, distribution, exam centres open an extra day (and a Saturday at that), supervisors / attendants to be paid, etc.

But I agree with you, I don't think the paper you got had anything to do with Rich's death; if it had happened a few months earlier, then it might have had an impact.
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    What a cnut. I think its terribly unfair that they've made such a HUGE difference this year and no other year. OBVIOUSLY they're "entitled" to but it's a really sh1tty thing to do.
    But they haven't, Patchy, the papers were never 100% predictable and have been gradually becoming less so over the last few years, and this has been highlighted again and again; there's been a few surprises every year, none of them actually as major as the people sitting the exam felt at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I got an awful Adrienne-aline rush when I saw the poets on the paper.

(Sorry that was terrible I just wanted to join in.) :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement