Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Lads I'm a bit worried about college. I have ucd and tcd down for nursing, and ucd down first. But I'm terrified that ucd is too big and that I'll make no friends. Eeep.

Everyone will be new so it should be easier to make friends and they'd have student unions and things to get involved in :). Most people will probably be nervous and more if you're moving to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Good thing everyone else feels the same before they go to college, so ye'll all make friends with eachother! :D

:) just the whole 24000 students scares me! Kinda rethinking ucd now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Couldn't find the Irish thread so I'll just post this here :)

For Filíocht in HL P2 Irish, when it asks for "an file" as part of a question, does that mean you talk about the biography on the poet, or do you talk about how they expressed w/e in the poem and how it reflects on them?

And for questions 3B in the filíocht, where it asks for an Irish male poet in the first part of the question (example, pg 34 in Edco HL Irish paper), and then it asks for a male Irish poet in the 2nd part of the question, can you use one Irish poet for both questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

:) just the whole 24000 students scares me! Kinda rethinking ucd now :(

Ah well think more about your class size (google is telling me around 160?) which is quite a nice number! Then you've got people in your accommodation (3/4/5), people in your building if its student accommodation (50 at a guess, could be sooo wrong on that!), numbers in clubs societies (anything from 10 to over 100)...you won't be milling around with 24,000 students trying to find some friends! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

collage = time to finally get laid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I wish these exams were like school and I could just pull a sicky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

bitches love collage.

it's college ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mark27493

Been dying off with tonsilitus since wednesday...... definitely going to affect how I do :(

Ah well think more about your class size (google is telling me around 160?) which is quite a nice number! Then you've got people in your accommodation (3/4/5), people in your building if its student accommodation (50 at a guess, could be sooo wrong on that!), numbers in clubs societies (anything from 10 to over 100)...you won't be milling around with 24,000 students trying to find some friends! :)

I suppose you're right! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Day 5 in the Leaving Cert House

Superbus is in the Diary Room

So at the moment I think we're all just trying to stay sane. There was a big fuss the other day, quite a few of the housemates got pissed off with Seamus and Sylvia because they felt they weren't pulling their weight in the house. Myself and Philip stayed out of it though, I think we both knew that arguing with Sylvia was going to get us nowhere. Without wanting to appear bitchy, I am glad she was voted off though.

The task on Friday was a bit tough but we all got through it, for the most part. Next week is going to be really intense I think, nobody's quite sure what's going on with tomorrow morning's task so we'll see how that goes. Once Wednesday is over I think it'll all be plain-sailing, hopefully I can keep my head down not get on the wrong side of the other housemates.

• Advertisement

HowAreWe wrote: »
    bitches love collage.

it's college ;)

Don't ever wink at me, it gives me the impression that your gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

What about his gay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Don't ever wink at me, it gives me the impression that your gay

The horror. :rolleyes:

(And it's "you're". ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Couldn't find the Irish thread so I'll just post this here :)

For Filíocht in HL P2 Irish, when it asks for "an file" as part of a question, does that mean you talk about the biography on the poet, or do you talk about how they expressed w/e in the poem and how it reflects on them?

And for questions 3B in the filíocht, where it asks for an Irish male poet in the first part of the question (example, pg 34 in Edco HL Irish paper), and then it asks for a male Irish poet in the 2nd part of the question, can you use one Irish poet for both questions?

For "an file" I would mention the biography and how it affected the poem. For example if An tEarrach Thiar comes up and they ask about the poet, I'd say he was born in the Arran Islands in 1910 and then he moved away and never returned to live there, so he was perhaps looking at the island like an exile and thought everything there was perfect, and this is why the island is presented as being almost like heaven.

For 3B, unless it specifically tells you they have to be different, I'd assume that if one fits both questions, you can use the same one.
    (I'm assuming you're aware that you can't use prescribed poets for Filíocht Roghnach right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

This is the last time I will ever have to study Project Maths! Come at me bro :P

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

This is the last time I will ever have to study Project Maths! Come at me bro :P

This is the last day where I'll have the opportunity to procrastinate my Project Maths studying :')

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

Pikachu-crying-because-you032-300x300.jpg

Togepi wrote: »
    The horror. :rolleyes:

(And it's "you're". ;))

There goes the mechanics section of my english exam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Naww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Namlub wrote: »
    What about his gay?

Lol, I only just got that now. Kept thinking it was a typo. :o Nicely done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

Unfortunately this is also the first time I will ever study project maths. Eep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Here's my line up for the summer:
    Westport Music festival
    Sea Sessions
    Some oddball rock fest
    Tennants
    The Black keys

And many house parties etc.

Gonna ROCK :D:D:D:D

Sounds class! I was gonna head to Sea Sessions but I think I might be away that weekend, so gonna head to Indiependence instead. Electric Picnic is my other Irish festival for the year. T-Vital is so damn tempting!

Desperately trying to convince people to come to Reading/Leeds or Benicassim with me, but failing miserably :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Wanna go to sea sessions as well but nobody to go with :(

I was gonna head to sea sessions too but the girls wanted to go to Galway instead :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

God..I have this really bad niggling feeling that I am going to have to repeat... :/
    Dunno why :P

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Does anyone have a proof of a corollary? Are we likely to be asked for an example? I don't know any...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I was gonna head to sea sessions too but the girls wanted to go to Galway instead :rolleyes:

Pffft, come to Donegal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Does anyone have a proof of a corollary? Are we likely to be asked for an example? I don't know any...

Would that not be in Question 6B? It was in one of the Paper 2 mocks I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement