Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Wesc. wrote: »
    Would that not be in Question 6B? It was in one of the Paper 2 mocks I think.

That's where I got it from. I'm confused as to what can be 6A and what can be 6B though - in the mock it was 6B but the guy on 606 was mixing me up. Do you know what, specifically, can be in 6A? Is it just the theorems or is it the constructions and geometry vocab (corollary, converse etc) too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I was at Sea Sessions last year and it was great craic! Great place for a festival if it's sunny, but also if it rains everyone packs into the marquees which makes for a great atmosphere no matter who is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

For "an file" I would mention the biography and how it affected the poem. For example if An tEarrach Thiar comes up and they ask about the poet, I'd say he was born in the Arran Islands in 1910 and then he moved away and never returned to live there, so he was perhaps looking at the island like an exile and thought everything there was perfect, and this is why the island is presented as being almost like heaven.

For 3B, unless it specifically tells you they have to be different, I'd assume that if one fits both questions, you can use the same one.
    (I'm assuming you're aware that you can't use prescribed poets for Filíocht Roghnach right?)

You mean the poet that is already available on the same page can't be used for the Filíocht Roghnach? Yeah I'm aware of that.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    You mean the poet that is already available on the same page can't be used for the Filíocht Roghnach? Yeah I'm aware of that.

Just checking! :) Our teacher is ridiculously paranoid that we'll all just decide the Roghnach question looks easy and we'll decide to use our poems for it instead of doing the one on the paper. I think she's kinda rubbed off on me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Really just can't study the maths :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Wesc. wrote: »
    Does anyone have a proof of a corollary? Are we likely to be asked for an example? I don't know any...

Would that not be in Question 6B? It was in one of the Paper 2 mocks I think.

No, I think it was a mistake putting it there. If you show an angles standing on the same arc are equal you can deduce most circle corollaries from that. I usually use the angle subtended by a diameter is a right Angle etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Togepi wrote: »
    Lol, I only just got that now. Kept thinking it was a typo. :o Nicely done. :D

I don't get it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I don't get it :confused:

He said "your gay" when it should have been "you're gay", so Namlub was wondering what he wanted to say about 'his gay'. :pac:

Decided to take a look at the problem-solving questions on the Project Maths website... BIG mistake. If they decide to give us one of these I may as well not even sit the paper. It took me ages just to work out the OL ones and some of them I still don't get what they did in the sample answers... I'm scared! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

He said "your gay" when it should have been "you're gay", so Namlub was wondering what he wanted to say about 'his gay'. :pac:

Oh right, didn't even notice that.....feel stupid now :o

• Advertisement

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Oh right, didn't even notice that.....feel stupid now :o

It took me ages to get it. :o :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Thankfully for you two, English is finished.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Thankfully for you two, English is finished.

:cool:

I hope you put my corruption plan to good use. :P (You're welcome by the way. :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I think its time I asked for a ban :P :(

:cool:

I hope you put my corruption plan to good use. :P (You're welcome by the way. :pac:)

I panicked, did the madness question, then ended up almost doing a Hamlet character profile. It was by far my worst question, just because my purpose was all over the place.

Sure what's past is past, I hope tomorrow goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Gonna get a ban til the 14th, I'm wasting so much time and I'll kick myself for it.

Hoping I dont *need* to come on for anything... :eek:

I'll see you all when I'm done the LC in 4 days - good luck and dont miss me too much. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Did nathin today, matches on now. Dear Lord

Hayezer wrote: »
    Did nathin today, matches on now. Dear Lord

Spain are wonderful to watch, but they lack the finish.
    Only 10 mins gone, I expect goals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ThatGuy93

Has anyone else found it next to impossible to study this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I've been watching this tennis match since 2... and it's only the 3rd set and Djockovic looks like he's making a comeback so it seems I'll be watching this for many more hours :(

And then the Ireland match..

Jesus Christ today's been unproductive :L

• Advertisement

Does anyone know, in Irish can you just make up statistics to back up your points in the essay or do I need real ones? I always make them up in English but our teacher made it sound like we need to learn real figures and things.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Gonna get a ban til the 14th, I'm wasting so much time and I'll kick myself for it.

I've already wasted enough time, it's much too late for me. :pac: On the other hand, you've got about 75467368464684 exams in the next couple days so it's probably a wise move. :)

Traitor. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

It's extremely hard on Sundays especially . All you want to do is relax.
    It took me ages to start today. I'll probably stop maths to watch the Irish match :).

How many people that said they were going to get a ban actually got the ban at the start or did we all back out? :)
    I think I said I was going to and changed my mind and never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Does anyone know, in Irish can you just make up statistics to back up your points in the essay or do I need real ones? I always make them up in English but our teacher made it sound like we need to learn real figures and things.

Nope, make them up as much as you want! :)

Guys, I've a question. Do ye think it would be a bad idea to stay up all tomorrow night? Everyone is telling me not to but I actually have no chance of passing biology otherwise. I'm planning on taking a berocca around 12 and just drinking coffee a lot, also going for a walk at 3/4 to keep me awake, followed by a shower at like 7 to wake me up more. Then when I get home after the exams on Tuesday I can go straight to sleep and sleep til like 4/5 Wednesday morning, then get up and do some French.

I really, really need to do this, and like I used to do it last summer before work so it's not as if I'm gonna fall asleep during the exam or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Epsi

Is anyone else Absolutely exhausted by doing the most trivial tasks at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Epsi wrote: »
    Is anyone else Absolutely exhausted by doing the most trivial tasks at the moment?

Right now I'm too tired to decide on what Criminal Minds episode I should watch. Ah, Leaving Cert.

There are about ten mugs on my desk right now because I literally cannot find the energy to go put them in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I keep opening the maths papers doing parts and closing them and looking at random websites haha already tired. I was playing Pokemon earlier in the morning. I just want to go to sleep but it's too early .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

RANDY SAID HE'D BAN ME.

WHY AM I ABLE TO ACCESS THIS.

RANDY YOU LIED :'(

• Advertisement

@Coeur it'd probably work for Bio so I guess go for it if you think it's best. I wouldnt recommend it for any Mathsy/languagey subjects though 'cause it'd be so easy to make silly errors when you're tired.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement