Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Patchy, so much easier to ask someone to change the wireless password as that will take care of boards, facebook, twitter, youtube, tumblr, eddit, stumbleupon and whatever else that may be distracting you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Proud of myself. Been stidying sinve 3. And I'll go on till 12. Having someone to do it with (Dad) really makes a difference. Come'on you guys. Maximise your marks, get off the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Togepi wrote: »
    @Coeur it'd probably work for Bio so I guess go for it if you think it's best. I wouldnt recommend it for any Mathsy/languagey subjects though 'cause it'd be so easy to make silly errors when you're tired.

And I think we all know by now what partyatmygaff did....

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Nope, make them up as much as you want! :)

Guys, I've a question. Do ye think it would be a bad idea to stay up all tomorrow night? Everyone is telling me not to but I actually have no chance of passing biology otherwise. I'm planning on taking a berocca around 12 and just drinking coffee a lot, also going for a walk at 3/4 to keep me awake, followed by a shower at like 7 to wake me up more. Then when I get home after the exams on Tuesday I can go straight to sleep and sleep til like 4/5 Wednesday morning, then get up and do some French.

I really, really need to do this, and like I used to do it last summer before work so it's not as if I'm gonna fall asleep during the exam or something.

I'd be inclined to say no, but then again biology isn't really the type of thing that you can just make up on the spot, so if you really think that you're in danger of failing then do what you think is best.
    I still have most of the course to revise but sleep is wayyyyyyyy above exams on my list of priorities :o

Togepi wrote: »
    The horror. :rolleyes:
    Apocalypse now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I have actually lost the will to live. This leaving cert is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my entire life.
    I finally got round to studying maths paper 2 this weekend. Turns out I had more than I had expected to do :/ Done now for the most part. I'm going to get up early tomorrow to look over theorems and stuff.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if there are any sites like polyvore, but less expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

The courses that you've applied for in university are they more male or female orientated???

Mine's more male orientated I always ask whenever I go to open days I usually ask if they get many girls I always get told the same thing lol .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Patchy~ wrote: »
    RANDY SAID HE'D BAN ME.

WHY AM I ABLE TO ACCESS THIS.

RANDY YOU LIED :'(
    Actually, I asked you were you sure? :p

Hope you read the exam questions better! :p

Done now.

Hey ... I can abuse Patchy on here for the next 4 days and he can't answer back!! :pac: :D

collage = time to finally get laid
    You making a call of duty montage or something? I've heard the women really get wet for that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

The courses that you've applied for in university are they more male or female orientated???

Mine's more male orientated I always ask whenever I go to open days I usually ask if they get many girls I always get told the same thing lol .

Well the course I want to do, in a class of 160 there may be about 5 boys :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Monday night will be a major cramming sesh :P Mainly doing Biology for the day and go to bed at around 1.Then get up at about 5 and go over Irish :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Sh!t, If Italy win this Ireland are fuked!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I've come to the conclusion that my results will disappoint me no matter what.
    It's physically impossible to get all A1s - exhaustion or stress or something will screw up at least some of them, it just has to - but I don't know how to be happy with anything lower.
    So no matter what happens, opening that envelope will be a disappointment.
    What a lovely thing to realise. :(

I'm so glad I dropped to ordinary Irish at this point. The actual thought of having 2 hard exams on the one day.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Well the course I want to do, in a class of 160 there may be about 5 boys :P

Aw oh yeah yours is nursing wasn't it?
    I'm nor sure what mine would be like. At the open day for one of them I was one of 3/4 girls out of about 80!. I was on my own as well as my friends had another talk on so it was awkward . They did have more than one talk on for the course though haha.

I hope mine will be about half and half.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

How to pull an all nighter? I'm screwed for biology so I'll have to. :/

And as a matter of interest, what did partyarmygaff did :p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Mine looked roughly half and half but there's a really small number of places so I'm not sure I could judge off the open day. Wish I'd thought to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Nope, make them up as much as you want! :)

Guys, I've a question. Do ye think it would be a bad idea to stay up all tomorrow night? Everyone is telling me not to but I actually have no chance of passing biology otherwise. I'm planning on taking a berocca around 12 and just drinking coffee a lot, also going for a walk at 3/4 to keep me awake, followed by a shower at like 7 to wake me up more. Then when I get home after the exams on Tuesday I can go straight to sleep and sleep til like 4/5 Wednesday morning, then get up and do some French.

I really, really need to do this, and like I used to do it last summer before work so it's not as if I'm gonna fall asleep during the exam or something.

Im in the exact same situation as you. I really need to do something similar to this but I know well that I won't do it :(

I really need to cram project maths , I need to get my head around some of Trigonometry and a few Q5s . I might do maths from 8-10/11pm Then wake up at 6 and go over project maths. I really need to pass this. But I might be too tired in the exam then :S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Everyone - Relax. There's always next year.

:pac:

I wonder am I the only one on here not to have a facebook.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I wonder am I the only one on here not to have a facebook.

Nope, never had a Facebook for social use.

reznov wrote: »
    Nope, never had a Facebook for social use.

So you've had a facebook for non social use?

Martin_94 wrote: »
    So you've had a facebook for non social use?

Yes. For pesky iPhone apps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I'd just like to say thank you to Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, and the international football teams of Ireland, Croatia, Italy and Spain, for making sure I got no study at all done today. Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

I'm wondering to myself is there any point doing 40 minutes before Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'll probably be one of about 5 girls surrounded by 150 boys in engineering. :L Suits me fine though, I'm basically male anyway...apart from the whole genitalia thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Predictions for the match?

Ireland 2 - 1 Croatia;)

The leaving cert can WAIT

• Advertisement

Hayezer wrote: »
    I'm wondering to myself is there any point doing 40 minutes before Ireland...

I should do but I want to see the build up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement