Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I said to myself that I was not allowed put on weight in sixth year. In my opinion you should look after yourself, good grades are useless if you are unhealthy. So I hopped on the scale the other day and I didn't gain any weight. Instead I've list over a stone since the beginning of sixth year. :o not sure where it went but my BMI is still within the healthy range so I am pleased.

Also I am dreading my Irish exam tomorrow. When they thought I was Polish in first year I should have went along with it and gotten the exemption. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

If you weigh yourself on the scales in my bathroom near the door, it will tell you one weight. If you move it close to the sink, it will give you a different weight which is a full stone heavier. It's not an electric scales either, it's one with a needle!

Explain that, physics students!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

leaveiton wrote: »
    If you weigh yourself on the scales in my bathroom near the door, it will tell you one weight. If you move it close to the sink, it will give you a different weight which is a full stone heavier. It's not an electric scales either, it's one with a needle!

There's a big apple pie on the way to the sink. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Martin_94 wrote: »
    There's a big apple pie on the way to the sink. :D

:(

It's.... it's true!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

leaveiton wrote: »

Doesn't need explaining, when you feel fat go to the door, when you feel skinny go to the sink, everybody wins:)

(Could be some wacky magnets in your bathroom btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Maths is gonna eat me tomorrow

Does anyone else wish we didn't have the weekend, we'd have four more papers done now if we didn't have these days off, and I did very little study anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Annoying things about the LC forum #63: People jumping into threads like 'Can anybody tell me wat dis is' when the answer is like two posts above them. Read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

Finished on the 22nd. Seriously anticipating it now. Tis going to be MESSY:D

Does anyone else wish we didn't have the weekend, we'd have four more papers done now if we didn't have these days off, and I did very little study anyway.

I hate the weekend tbh, I just end up feeling bad for doing nothing on Sunday night.
    Yeah, right now, I'm ahitting it for Irish, if I don't get an A1 I'll never forgive myself, and I've no done study or work for it.

• Advertisement

Has anyone actually done the central limit theorem? Our teach kept saying that it's not actually on the syllabus.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

ei.sderob wrote: »
    Has anyone actually done the central limit theorem? Our teach kept saying that it's not actually on the syllabus.

The guy on Countdown to 606 insisted about a million times that it's not on the course but I'm afraid they're gonna try and sneak it in somehow anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I must be the only person who's not looking to get drunk when the LC is over, I just wanna play Minecraft like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

This will be me next week.

20047855.jpg

If it is on the paper I have such little knowledge of what it actually is that I'll be oblivious to the fact that it is in fact on the paper:P

I think for about 2 weeks after the exams I'll just hibernate and then after that...let the destruction of my liver begin!!

I must be the only person who's not looking to get drunk when the LC is over, I just wanna play Minecraft like.

I'm not too pushed about going out after the LC tbh, I prefer playstation, TV, listening to music and films, stuff like that. But when I do go out I like to enjoy it, and If I'm sober I'm not gonna enjoy the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

A few of my friends want to go out but I'm really tempted to just play guilt-free Playstation and then sleep.

When the exams are finished my life will not change in the slightest, I hardly even realise they're on right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

and If I'm sober I'm not gonna enjoy the night.

But if you're drunk you won't remember it. :P

• Advertisement

If you're sober on a night out everything seems less flashy and so slow moving. Where's the fun in that!?!? I'm gonna try finish House over the summer actually. That'll be a big consumer of my time. Fingers crossed for ****e weather:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'll probably plan to do loads of things and just stay in and might occasionally go out, I don't want to be in everyday I'll probably just go swimming a few days a week I really miss it even though I go by myself I love it.
    I rarely ever get drunk when I'm on nights out it takes me ages I don't even act drunk I think I just become more social and friendly that I'd talk to anybody.

I'll be playing Sims 3 :). And catching up with a lot of tv series.

Is anybody else really independent?

Britains weirdest phobias on tv3.

She scared of her knee!!!!!

Does anyone else have that slight feeling of guilt thinking of the summer with the exams going on? It's truly impossible to enjoy anything without feeling guilty with them going on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm not even excited for the summer, can't go anywhere because I'm working.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

i'm seriously going to be up the whole night with this maths. ): lalalalalaaaaaaalalala

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Boo to all of ye skinny people who can eat what they want :( I haven't weighed myself in ages out of pure fear :L

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Boo to all of ye skinny people who can eat what they want :( I haven't weighed myself in ages out of pure fear :L

same.. i liked it when i was only 8 stone. ):
    i hate it. lc made me get fat! O:

can't wait for summer hols. exercise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Eathrin wrote: »
    When the exams are finished my life will not change in the slightest, I hardly even realise they're on right now.
    But Cian, just think how relaxed your life will be without those 10 hours of concentrated study every day!! :cool:

• Advertisement

But Cian, just think how relaxed your life will be without those 10 hours of concentrated study every day!! :cool:

I think I'll just study anyway for the craic during summer.
    Studying; it's a hobby, it's a challenge, it's an obsession but above anything it's a lifestyle and I take pity on those missing out
    :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement