Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I don't like to get my hopes up too often, but.. Yeow, A1 in the bag, thank you maths.
    Irish had weird titles, I think my essay was decent, worse than my mock answer but should just make an A grade all the same if I'm lucky.
    Therefore I actually need paper 2 to pull me up to an A1, dear lord, and nothing done for it. Paper 2 brought me down a grade in the mocks. I'm not sitting comfy with Irish right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

You all have such high standards :p

I'm just hoping for at least a C3 in each subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

****ing Irish. I can learn 7 programming languages yet not one word Irish. I have no idea why I took the higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Irish went really well and Maths went OK (think it may have made up for P1). Still doubting I'll get the 400 points I need.

Sh_tting it for Biology tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm finished on Wednesday and I really can't wait for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Maths was grand and Irish was grand... Hopefully I'll be able to pull off the c2 in irish :) the awkward moment though when they start off with a Donegal lad on the tape :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

frantic190 wrote: »
    Yay! Congrats :D

Thanks lol :).
    I think it went great anyway it felt like it. I'm not sure what result I'll get if I failed paper 1 haha. But I know I've passed it now anyway :).

Anyone watching the England vs France match?
    I hope England win .

I'll still need to study business it can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Anyone watching the England vs France match?
    I hope England win .

I'll still need to study business it can wait.

Yeah, Joe Hart picking up where Rob Green left off :pac:

Anyone stay until the end of Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

think Irish went ok, did the one on Ireland being welcoming and open today and said it is welcoming and open because of the EU. then i went on to talk about advantages and disadvantages of the EU for Ireland because it's so open.. like travel and all. hope it's accepted!
    how'd everyone else get on?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

If my Biology and Physics exams go smoothly now I will be the happiest girl in the world. :D (I'd also like German to go smoothly, but hey, you can't get everything you want in life :pac: )

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Maths was grand and Irish was grand... Hopefully I'll be able to pull off the c2 in irish :) the awkward moment though when they start off with a Donegal lad on the tape :/

It wasn't just the one either:)
    Aural wasn't too bad I thought, usually I would feel bad if I did a bad aural but but this time I feel I might have gotten 85% upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

there was only me and one other girl left until the very end of Irish. i'm so die hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Maths was one of those exams when you go ah F*** when you look at it first but wssn't as bad when you actually attempted the qsts. Surprised that no definitions or trigonometric equations came up!
    Irish was fanf***ingtastic:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

reznov wrote: »
    You're one fat Togepi.

:pac:

Bahaha that gave me a lol before Maths this morning. :D

Togepi is supposed to weigh 1.5kg... I feel slightly obese right now. :p :pac:

Interesting match so far, both look good.
    I'd say France have the edge however.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Interesting match so far, both look good.
    I'd say France have the edge however.

I hope England win this :).
    I think it'll be 2-1 at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'm not gonna get any study done tonight with these matches, and I need to...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Irish was alright :D The essay was grand and most of the listening was ok..Some bits were a bit blurry but overall nice! Went in hoping B1 and think I have done enough :)

Wish I didn't have Biology and Irish tomorrow :( Ah well..

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Togepi wrote: »
    Bahaha that gave me a lol before Maths this morning. :D

Togepi is supposed to weigh 1.5kg... I feel slightly obese right now. :p :pac:

Slightly? Your evolutions have lead you to gain weight substantially.

:(

• Advertisement

I'd say, a C2 overall in Maths (it's hard to tell how I did on Paper 2 though), hopefully a little higher because I'd love a B3! :P

Probably a B1 in Irish, for the essay and the oral (which was really hard to judge because the examiner was ridiculously nice) and an A2 in the essay. Hopefully an A1 in the oral, but like, the examiner was weird, so it's hard to tell. B1 overall so far, better actually work for Paper 2 this year and not get a C1 on it. :cool:

Just over halfway, such a relief to get these exams over with, after tomorrow the rest of them are grand! :)
    reznov wrote: »
    Slightly? Your evolutions have lead you to gain weight substantially.

I know. :o

Guys, bit of advice, don't weigh yourselves after having a massive dinner - after the amusement wears off it's a little depressing. :P :cool:

Indeed judging that Irish oral was difficult! They made everyone feel as if they got an A1:D

I haven't touched my French exam papers since last year or done any french work since the orals or been to any french classes. My teachers useless and just does textbook work and goes around asking you to answer the question.
    I hate the french aurals I can never understand a word that they are saying and I've studied French for 7 years :rolleyes: . I've tomorrow to study business , I'll do French in the evening .

Am I the only who hasn't opened their French papers in ages? lol

Indeed judging that Irish oral was difficult! They made everyone feel as if they got an A1:D

I know! The one I had told me I had great Irish (me and about 5 others out of the 18 he examined :rolleyes:) and actually said I got a very good grade (all as Gaeilge :D). Problem is, my definition of 'very good' is probably very different from his definition of it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Yeah I'm the crappiest person ever when it comes to orals and stuff, i get all nervous and ugh :o and yet my examiner made me feel like I was talking about the most important things!

With all that i reckon I'll get a C2 :pac: not going up or down from mocks, i cant tell how good my aiste was :rolleyes: I learnt off an essay and fiddled it in. And the Aural went way better than expected, but again, for all i know I'll lose tonnes of marks for grammar :rolleyes:

Think I'll give the Ukraine match a miss, have got 5 stories and 5 poems to Learn (from the start) as well as much of the Biology course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Studying for Irish paper 2 is si time-consuming and it's worth so little, I need bio time

How much is it worth? Paper 2 that is.
    Seems there's a lot of work involved, though I'm quite good at winging exams.

How much is Paper 1 and 2 worth individualy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

There is a really annoying girl on facebook liking leaving cert related likes, and saying that everyones freaking out over nothing and that they're easy and all that crap. It just annoys me that she's laughing at people taking their lives/futures seriously! *sigh* some people!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement