Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Eathrin wrote: »
    I know a guy who last year just wore a fake cast into the oral so he could lie and talk about his injury for a good while:p
    My teacher was askig could I change the date for taking the cast off coz my oral isn't until Thursday! Throwing on a bandage and hoping for the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Am I the only one who still isn't motivated to study anything? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Chavways wrote: »
    Luckily for me the sun shone through the sheets and I could see the last few in the pile.I picked the last one about the Diospoireacht.Think I did fairly well in it.I dont think the examiner shuffled ours so they were pretty much in 1-20 order so you could chance it.

You lucky bastard! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Manic2 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who still isn't motivated to study anything? :/

Yeah same, although for one night before my French oral I did actually study.
    Has to be on the night:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Chavways wrote: »
    Luckily for me the sun shone through the sheets and I could see the last few in the pile.I picked the last one about the Diospoireacht.Think I did fairly well in it.I dont think the examiner shuffled ours so they were pretty much in 1-20 order so you could chance it.

Haha that happened for a lad in my school too :P So lucky!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

David1994 wrote: »
    What is everyone hoping to get in their orals? I would love an A1 or an A2 :P
    I was hoping for an A1 in French but I think I got an A2. :(
    B1/B2 in Irish, I'm planning on putting in 15+ hours study for it between now and Monday afternoon, so I'd want ta get a good grade or I'll actually headbutt the examiner.

My parents realised that I've been lying to them about study, so they've signed me up for study every day in a study centre between my house and Galway city, so like 15 mins away. It's from 6-10 on weekdays and 10-4 on Saturdays. I've got mixed emotions about it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

6 to 10?
    Hardcore enough :P ah its a good thing, you'll do so much work you'll be flyin in your LC :)

subz3r0 wrote: »
    6 to 10?
    Hardcore enough :P ah its a good thing, you'll do so much work you'll be flyin in your LC :)

Hopefully, I'm kind of glad that I'm starting it because I've been doing literally nothing like! And I wanna go up at least 90 from my mocks, so I need to work! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

well... I'm still livid ... 3 or more teachers who have 6th years for english, HL maths and biology are going on a trip with 4th years for a week :/
    Because 4th years are waaaaaaaaaay more important that 6th years :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

How long is the trip?

(This is yet another reason why I'm tempted to become a teacher.) :P

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »
    How long is the trip?

(This is yet another reason why I'm tempted to become a teacher.) :P

A week :L My sis is going too... oh TY's .... good oul days
    my english teach is going, not like it makes any difference but hell some consideration couldn't go astray :P
    You want to be a teacher ? :) awww primary or secondary ? :)

A week :L My sis is going too... oh TY's .... good oul days
    my english teach is going, not like it makes any difference but hell some consideration couldn't go astray :P
    You want to be a teacher ? :) awww primary or secondary ? :)

I don't really want to be a teacher (might change my mind when I'm older though!), it's just the long holidays and stuff that tempt me. (Best reason to become a teacher.) :P

Seriously though I would actually really like to be a teacher, I'd just hate to have to deal with teenagers all the time. If it was a class full of nerds who loved the subject I'd love it but otherwise I'd never manage it!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

well... I'm still livid ... 3 or more teachers who have 6th years for english, HL maths and biology are going on a trip with 4th years for a week :/
    Because 4th years are waaaaaaaaaay more important that 6th years :L

What.

I don't really want to be a teacher (might change my mind when I'm older though!), it's just the long holidays and stuff that tempt me. (Best reason to become a teacher.) :P

Seriously though I would actually really like to be a teacher, I'd just hate to have to deal with teenagers all the time. If it was a class full of nerds who loved the subject I'd love it but otherwise I'd never manage it!

oh lolz i see :) True, lovely long holidays :L :) Its just I want wanted to be a teacher, still unsure really :L :) Always wanted to be one :o call me silly, but I just love the thought of teaching people something new or like making them develop an interest in my kinds of subjects :P
    and I always thought I'd be one of the "cool" teachers :cool: :pac:
    What have you down on CAO so ? :P

Joey, I pm'd ya there :L cheek of them right ? :P

oh lolz i see :) True, lovely long holidays :L :) Its just I want wanted to be a teacher, still unsure really :L :) Always wanted to be one :o call me silly, but I just love the thought of teaching people something new or like making them develop an interest in my kinds of subjects :P

It's a lovely job though, I'd just hate having to control classes... I'd love to teach though, even when I was a little kid I used to always wander around the classroom helping random students. :P Don't think I ever sat down in school 'til I was like seven or eight. :pac: I still like helping people, might look into giving grinds in the future if I do well enough in any subject. :)

Product Design is number one at the moment. I like making things. :D

And I'd probably be the crazy teacher who comes in with a different personality every day just for the craic. :p

It's a lovely job though, I'd just hate having to control classes... I'd love to teach though, even when I was a little kid I used to always wander around the classroom helping random students. :P Don't think I ever sat down in school 'til I was like seven or eight. :pac: I still like helping people, might look into giving grinds in the future if I do well enough in any subject. :)

Product Design is number one at the moment. I like making things. :D

And I'd probably be the crazy teacher who comes in with a different personality every day just for the craic. :p

yeah it is :) ha you should dear :)
    oooh that's really cool :) what college ? :)
    Ha i'm sure you'd be a hillarious teacher, you mad pokemon loving culchie :P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Joey, I pm'd ya there :L cheek of them right ? :P

Danke :) I know! In all the time we've been there, the world stopped for 6th years but they treat us like that...it's disgraceful :pac:

yeah it is :) ha you should dear :)
    oooh that's really cool :) what college ? :)
    Ha i'm sure you'd be a hillarious teacher, you mad pokemon loving culchie :P :)

Limmerz!! :P

Hehe, yeah...

Me: 'Ok everyone, take out your Pokémon copies...'

Class: 'Oh not this again...'

:P

(I will teach them the names of all 150 Pokémon in French.) :D

Je suis la chauve-souris
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=6559329
    Donnez moi une baguette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

La souris est sous la table, et le singe est sur la branche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I thought about being a teacher too, I think I'd love it, but eventually I might get tired of it. You know, repeating the same material every year and such. I'd actually even like dealing with troublesome students.

I'll probably be a university lecturer instead, the idea only hit me a few months ago but it was such an epiphany. :pac:

Je n'ai jamais entendu cette affirmation. Je comprends mais...quoi?:p

;)

Limmerz!! :P

Hehe, yeah...

Me: 'Ok everyone, take out your Pokémon copies...'

Class: 'Oh not this again...'

:P

(I will teach them the names of all 150 Pokémon in French.) :D

Salameche, Reptincel & Dracaufeu <3

Honestly don't know why I always leave my homework till past midnight. I'm going to be wrecked tomorrow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    Honestly don't know why I always leave my homework till past midnight. I'm going to be wrecked tomorrow:(

Ok you are me. That's exactly what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

And then there's me, in bed by 10 because I like to sleep a little too much :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Did anyone elses facebook change to timeline?

I might have accidently changed mine but it says it goes live on April 25th :S.

Oral was good, I think :)
    I mean the examiner is loooovely so maybe all those 'iontach's lulled me into a false sense of security but I was able to give a decent answer to each question even when they got a bit complicated, used the modh coinniollach, managed to shnake in a seanfhocal during the sraith (Agallamh Do Nuacht TG4 <3)...erra, yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Just had the French Oral.. got the subjunctive in but forgot to put in the conditional :pac: was handy enough, had a good laugh with the examiner! Irish oral and Music paracticals next week.... Joy :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement