Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

cillian95 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how i can put some past french listening on mon baladeur for tomorrow?? Even if its not a leaving cert tape, just looking for something to tune my ear for 10 minutes.. any links/suggestions?

If you dont mind the dick, there's plenty of French people on Chat Roulette that always seem to be up for the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Anyone up for un bavard en skype? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Wanchor wrote: »
    If you dont mind the dick, there's plenty of French people on Chat Roulette that always seem to be up for the chat.

He doesn't mind the dick

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Listen to these bulletins and read the accompanying text. It's difficult but quite helpful..

http://fr.euronews.com/infos/bulletin/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

They are often written by those who offer revision courses, who try to make the mocks as close as possible to what is going to be on the real thing. These people are the most expert predictors in the country for the leaving cert, so it's far from a coincidence.
    As a matter of interest, were Plath and / or Heaney on the mocks this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Does anyone know the cost of repeating? Does it vary with schools?

I hear about 300ish euros for sitting the LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Plath was, if I'm recalling correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

We don't speak of those names around here. Too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Who's Plath and heaney....?? Oh wait the SEC inadvertently managed to screw the country over using their literature. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Fergus_ wrote: »

250 notes for me to go to school, plus the cost of the actual exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Martin_94 wrote: »
    We don't speak of those names around here. Too soon.
    "Those who ignore the lessons of history are destined to repeat them."

Including very recent history! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

We had to pay about €125 in September to register, then whatever your mocks cost, plus any new books, plus €301 for the Leaving itself.

In other words, it's pretty damn expensive, before you even count any new books you might need (or grinds if you needed them).

Togepi wrote: »
    We had to pay about €125 in September to register, then whatever your mocks cost, plus any new books, plus €301 for the Leaving itself.

In other words, it's pretty damn expensive, before you even count any new books you might need (or grinds if you needed them).

Damn that is expensive, I'm not really feeling confident now that I realised that I screwed up 10% of my Irish paper.

Does anyone know if they send you the papers back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Damn that is expensive, I'm not really feeling confident now that I realised that I screwed up 10% of my Irish paper.

Yeah you can apply to view your papers if you want :)

You can view as many of your papers as you like for free at the very start of September (on the weekend of around the 1st/2nd). Then if you've a problem you can appeal any of them for €40 per exam, they check your orals as well if it's a language (probably the same for projects) and your grade can go up or down. If it changes you get your money back. :D Don't worry anyway, you might surprise yourself in August, even if Irish didn't go well you could have compensated for it in another subject. :)

You can view as many of your papers as you like for free at the very start of September (on the weekend of around the 1st/2nd). Then if you've a problem you can appeal any of them for €40 per exam, they check your orals as well if it's a language (probably the same for projects) and your grade can go up or down. If it changes you get your money back. :D Don't worry anyway, you might surprise yourself in August, even if Irish didn't go well you could have compensated for it in another subject. :)

Ah cool thanks, I don't think I really want to look at my papers lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

It was €175(on a medical card) or €300 to attend the place I went to (I think) . Then a further €300 for the leaving cert but if you're on a medical card it's paid for you.

Just keep your books from this year if you think you'll be repeating. I didn't use my books this year at all really in school anyway as everyone has different books. Only if you're taking up a new subject you'll need a new book. I didn't buy any new exam papers either.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

So how many of ye barely survived ye're all-nighters? :P

You can apply to view your papers out of general nosiness can't you? :P I think I'd like to have a look at some of mine, depending on the grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

leaveiton wrote: »
    You can apply to view your papers out of general nosiness can't you? :P I think I'd like to have a look at some of mine, depending on the grades.

Yeah you can go view as many as you like, without having to recheck or anything. Strongly considering viewing most/all of mine just to see!

• Advertisement

This day next week I'll have just one day left. Can't wait.

leaveiton wrote: »

You get a letter in with your results on the day that you have to return to the school within a certain amount of time for viewing the papers.
    I didn't myself last year I might this year .

I spent almost a full three hours looking over all of my scripts last year. Was only considering appealing one. :pac: Great craic though, definitely going for a gawk this year too. :D

What happens to all those papers?

I spent almost a full three hours looking over all of my scripts last year. Was only considering appealing one. :pac: Great craic though, definitely going for a gawk this year too. :D

I was afraid to look at my papers last year lol. I knew I did awful , I just wanted to forget about those exams lol. I was thinking if I appealed anything I'd have just gotten a lower grade.
    I probably will view them this year :).

Just out of interest. When did you decide you would be repeating? was your after your finishing exams or getting your results?

Yeah you can go view as many as you like, without having to recheck or anything. Strongly considering viewing most/all of mine just to see!

Yeah I like looking back on exams out of nosiness! Really want to try and figure out how I did in orals/practicals as well. I know they don't tell you but I can figure it out roughly from the papers.

I was afraid to look at my papers last year lol. I knew I did awful , I just wanted to forget about those exams lol. I was thinking if I appealed anything I'd have just gotten a lower grade.

Just out of interest. When did you decide you would be repeating? was your after your finishing exams or getting your results?

I'm the same, I don't even want to look at my papers.

It was a good two weeks after the results, if not more. I was reluctant to accept my fate. :pac:

I'm the same, I don't even want to look at my papers.

I usually want to see them if it went well and I got a great grade. If it's terrible I just don't want know :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Martin_94 wrote: »
    What happens to all those papers?
    They all get destroyed after the appeals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement