Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I wonder if English could surprise me??
    No, I'm actually fairly confident my performance was quite average.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Togepi wrote: »
    It was a good two weeks after the results, if not more. I was reluctant to accept my fate. :pac:

Oh I decided during my exams I'd repeat (the worse time). I started thinking afterwards I might be repeating and applied to a vec college and so did my friend. I probably jinxed myself :L I was sort of expecting it, and I didn't want any of my level 7s.
    I'm glad I repeated though. It was weird seeing most people in college while you're back doing the lc.

Eathrin wrote: »
    I wonder if English could surprise me??
    No, I'm actually fairly confident my performance was quite average.

What result do you reckon you'll get? (or hoping to get)
    I always find it hard to judge English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I'm the same, I don't even want to look at my papers.

If you're borderline for points though, it can be really helpful. I didn't need to appeal any but I wanted a look anyway, especially for accounting as I got an A2 when I was pretty sure it should have been an A1. When I looked through my paper with the marking scheme, it turned out that the corrector had completely skipped 2 pages of my booklet which was worth about 6% of the whole paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Biology <3 xoxo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

What result do you reckon you'll get? (or hoping to get)
    I always find it hard to judge English
    I think a B1 would be fair, though it is hard to judge as you said. Who knows? My paper 1 wasn't exactly excellent and my Hamlet question was nothing short of dire as far as purpose goes anyway. I'd be disappointed to get less than a B3.

I kind of hoped to scrape an A2 but that was wishful thinking.
    Initially I was aiming for an A1, though I hadn't done enough work over the course of the year to merit that, English takes more preparation than many other exams.
    If you're borderline for points though, it can be really helpful. I didn't need to appeal any but I wanted a look anyway, especially for accounting as I got an A2 when I was pretty sure it should have been an A1. When I looked through my paper with the marking scheme, it turned out that the corrector had completely skipped 2 pages of my booklet which was worth about 6% of the whole paper!

I want to look at my papers anyway, regardless of whether my results are distorted or not. I really hope to avoid having anything re-checked!

Eathrin wrote: »
    I think a B1 would be fair, though it is hard to judge as you said. Who knows? My paper 1 wasn't exactly excellent and my Hamlet question was nothing short of dire as far as purpose goes anyway. I'd be disappointed to get less than a B3.

I kind of hoped to scrape an A2 but that was wishful thinking.
    Initially I was aiming for an A1, though I hadn't done enough work over the course of the year to merit that, English takes more preparation than many other exams.

I want to look at my papers anyway, regardless of whether my results are distorted or not. I really hope to avoid having anything re-checked!

Same I don't think I'll get an A like I would've liked to. The paper 1 wasn't too bad . I don't think my descriptive writing on the letter was my best. I usually avoid those type of questions but it was the only question I could do.

My Hamlet question wasn't the best either I'm not sure I even answered it correctly :S . I reckon I'll get a B1. I really don't want a C either. Some people have a natural flair for English and wouldn't need as much preparation so you never know you might've done better than you though you've had :).

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

To be honest I'm glad I didn't prepare that well for English. The amount of devastated people coming out because they went with the predictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Two of my best ones are coming up for the last two days, business and history :) Know I'l at the very least pass them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Fudgefartknockers efndfnf

Balance has been restored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Could have gotten an A in Biology but I just had one of those really bad days where nothing went right and unfortunately Biology was one of them!

Really really disappointed in myself I'd be lucky with a B3 now. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

I have another week and a half left. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Wanchor wrote: »
    I have another week and a half left. :'(

+1
    I have only just reached the halfway point in terms of number of papers.
    6 down, 5 to go. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Manic2 wrote: »
    Could have gotten an A in Biology but I just had one of those really bad days where nothing went right and unfortunately Biology was one of them!

Really really disappointed in myself I'd be lucky with a B3 now. :/

Head up and keep going! I wasn't that happy with Bio either tbh it was a really boring paper.

I know I got a B in bio but it's really disappointing knowing if I had started studying for it one day earlier I could have gotten an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Anyone else just really tired and worn out from these exams? Lying here just dead.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

some people are finished tomorrow and i'm just here like yeah i've only done 2 subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AyeeBoyy

I'm actually really worried for the business exams timing with the short questions , abq plus a further 4 long questions. I might leave the short questions until last :S.
    I spent about an hour on last years abq and wrote so much on it .
    I ended up rushing most of the long questions also I only realised on the day you answer 4 long questions and not 3.
    Does anyone else find the business exam very time consuming to finish it on time?

You might have heard this before, but I bring in three highlighters (one for each ABQ question), I read the questions first and then go through the piece and highlight what's suited to the question the correponding colour. It really helps me focus and helps me keep the time spent on the ABQ under control :) Hope that helps a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

imelle wrote: »
    some people are finished tomorrow and i'm just here like yeah i've only done 2 subjects

Jaysus! What subjects are you doing? I've done three subjects so far, three to go.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Plath was, if I'm recalling correctly.
    Plath and Heaney were up on my mock anyway :p

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »
    Jaysus! What subjects are you doing? I've done three subjects so far, three to go.

english, irish, french, business, accouting and religion.. what do you have left?! :)

i have an obsession with looking at grad dresses. it's really gotta stop :P they're just too pretty though..

Starting tomorrow I'm doing the entire physics course within 4 days. Wish me luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

imelle wrote: »
    english, irish, french, business, accouting and religion.. what do you have left?! :)

French, Phys/Chem and DCG! Nice break after tomorrow morning. :)

Starting tomorrow I'm doing the entire physics course within 4 days. Wish me luck.

Heya I was studying physics for around that amount of time the week before the leaving I typed out all my notes from my notebook abd left little spaces for diagrams afterwards I felt really prepared :) You'll be fine in 4 days not a bother to you :D

AyeeBoyy wrote: »
    Heya I was studying physics for around that amount of time the week before the leaving I typed out all my notes from my notebook abd left little spaces for diagrams afterwards I felt really prepared :) You'll be fine in 4 days not a bother to you :D
    Thanks. It's really handy having a dad that can teach mathematical physics. Real help with the harder mathsy questions! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I'm the same, but I only have the weekend because of Latin on Friday :(

Superbus wrote: »
    I'm the same, but I only have the weekend because of Latin on Friday :(
    That is quite annoying. Glad I dropped to ordinary french. Just sitting here chilling. I'll do some study in a little while...

Also May I ask why would you (for lack of a better phrase :P ) bother your hole doing Latin unless
    A) It was a requirement for a course
    B) You feel like being a holey man
    C) You think you're Stephan Fry
    D) You're a A Hipster
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Anyone else just really tired and worn out from these exams? Lying here just dead.. :/

Have done no study today. Too tired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Agh, when I left my Bio exam I did a rough estimate of what I would get in it. I arrived at 370 (70 for short q's, full marks for experiments, full marks for long q's) but there's no way I got that, I was just looking through the Bio thread here for a lark and there's at least 4-5 things that I got wrong, short questions like. Puts my A1 out of the question but an A2 would still be amazing. :) History tomorrow :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement