Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Chemhickey...you have no idea how tempted I am to ban you....:eek: :mad: :(

NO GREY'S ANATOMY SPOILERS, and if you have to talk about it SPOILER TAG!!!!!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Deleted my whole post about grey's anatomy there... can't spoiler on my phone..

lol jk I don't watch it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Chemhickey...you have no idea how tempted I am to ban you....:eek: :mad: :(

NO GREY'S ANATOMY SPOILERS, and if you have to talk about it SPOILER TAG!!!!!

:(

I'm extremely sorry queenie. i realised once I posted it and I was like SH*T! My phone doesn't do spoilers so I just edited my whole post out. =P

I'm extremely sorry queenie. i realised once I posted it and I was like SH*T! My phone doesn't do spoilers so I just edited my whole post out. =P

But it was too late :(

Its all good, I'll be watching it in about half an hour anyway. I tend to go googling things when I'm watching shows and always end up spoiling something for myself, after the initial rage (as demonstrated above) I usually get over it :P

But it was too late :(

Its all good, I'll be watching it in about half an hour anyway. I tend to go googling things when I'm watching shows and always end up spoiling something for myself, after the initial rage (as demonstrated above) I usually get over it :P

Oh Jesus I'm so sorry. i deserved to be banned for that. You'll enjoy the episode anyway. =P Jesus I'm an eedgit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

How does your phone not do spoilers? Don't you just
    write spoiler like this

edit: apparently you do!

finality wrote: »

How does your phone not do spoilers? Don't you just
    write spoiler like this

edit: apparently you do!

So is it (spoiler) insert spoiler here?

edit, aww darn.

edit, aww darn.

like this

b]spoiler[/binsert top secret info hereb]/spoiler[/b

edit, aww darn.

Its
    text [/ spoiler] ...for future reference! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

edit, aww darn.

It's [*SPOILER] [/*SPOILER]

(Without the asterisks)

• Advertisement

subz3r0 wrote: »
    It's [*SPOILER] [/*SPOILER]

(Without the asterisks)

Way to jump on the bandwagon. Queen of Leon and I were doing it back on page 368, before it was cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

subz3r0 is right if this works.
    :D

Way to jump on the bandwagon. Queen of Leon and I were doing it back on page 368, before it was cool.

(-_-)

Trying to be helpful, geeeeeeez :rolleyes:

perhaps? [\SPOILER]

WAHAAAAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Page 368? Noob, 40 posts per page ftw.

Togepi wrote: »
    subz3r0 is right if this works.
    :D

So now it's all subz3r0's suggestion?

......:(

TrollFaceDancing.gif

Its page 185 ftw! I don't know how you can deal with 15 posts per page, especially when these threads are flying! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Well, I'd give you all the credit, but you didn't spoiler that smiley(/frowny) very well...
    :P

Togepi wrote: »

Well, I'd give you all the credit, but you didn't spoiler that smiley(/frowny) very well...
    :P

I don't think spoiler smileys work! =P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Does anyone else get bored during the French aural?
    I always do and I got tired during my last one.
    I always finish the French exam really early like after an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Lads I'm on page 492? What are ye all on about?

Edit: wait I figured it out! Wow the thread looks strange now with *only* 185 pages :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Namlub wrote: »
    Easy points?!!!! I too was a history nerd once upon a time and you go in thinking the fact you find it interesting means the subject won't eventually crush you. But it does.

Yes I am studying history and feeling emotional right now
    I'm not trying to be condescending or anything but I've looked up exactly what the courses entailed (Geography and history) and yes, there is a lot on learning, and yes history can be like English in terms of writing etc. but I still feel it's a subject I would have naturally liked, even looking at the course at it's un-pleasantness.

Geography is just learning off, like biology, besides the field study nd there is probably more to learn off.
    Sorry if I come off a bit cocky :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Lads I'm on page 492? What are ye all on about?

Edit: wait I figured it out! Wow the thread looks strange now with *only* 185 pages :P

How did the thread number of pages change? :S I'm only on 492 lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

How did the thread number of pages change? :S I'm only on 492 lol.

If you set it to show more posts per page the number of pages gets smaller. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

To the person who said home ec was easy points: you are so wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Geography is just learning off, like biology, besides the field study nd there is probably more to learn off.

Oh you mustn't have heard about the Geography paper this year. The paper was specifically designed to catch out people who just "learned off" stuff. Some of the stuff on the paper was not covered in the book. The field study isn't just free marks, a lot of work goes into it with very little/no help from the teacher.

Also, your not taking into account timing, you don't have time to think in the Geography test, you just write. It's not at all like Biology. In Geography you have to put down "SRP's" and the questions are essay form. By the time your finished the course you will hate those 3 letters S R and P with a violent passion. Most questions require 12 SRP's and they have to be relevant, the Options question requires many more SRP's.

Not trying to be smart or anything, just saying it how it is. Geography's a nice subject but like most subjects, school just bores the **** out of them and takes the enjoyment out of learning. :)

It's not fun, and I know work goes in, but it's not a natural ability test, it's a test to see how much crap you can stuff into your head + on the matter of this years test, I'd be fine for that as I have an interest anyway, I wouldn't JUST be learning off. Just my opinion, also in my school you get a hell of a lot of help from the teachers in projects - smaller school though.

A lot of learning off and side-work etc. with those booklets too but I still believe it isn't a necessarily hard subject. Just a lot of studying required.
    Just my opinion on those subjects though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm not trying to be condescending or anything but I've looked up exactly what the courses entailed (Geography and history) and yes, there is a lot on learning, and yes history can be like English in terms of writing etc. but I still feel it's a subject I would have naturally liked, even looking at the course at it's un-pleasantness.

Yeah I looked up the course for Home Ec once and thought it looked fine, doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about. The only reason I'm saying this is because that 'Oh I know it's a lot of work but I believe in myself!1' mentality before I actually, y'know, did history.

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    Yeah I looked up the course for Home Ec once and thought it looked fine, doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about. The only reason I'm saying this is because that 'Oh I know it's a lot of work but I believe in myself!1' mentality before I actually, y'know, did history.

It wasn't just that, but I actually started doing the course myself. So I do know fairly well what it entails and I feel It came fairly easy to me. Home-ec, I got that from A) looking at the course and B) from asking friends.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement