Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Togepi wrote: »
    I was still writing just as he said "30 seconds left" to me because the other ones left in the centre had left 2 minutes earlier. Signed off my diary then so I'd say I finished with about 10 seconds to spare. :P I was finished 20 minutes early last year, and I wrote loads then, dunno how I was so pushed for time this year, thought I'd have a while to read over it! :o

Aw I probably finished early because I was doing ordinary. I answered every question even when their were choices. Normally I'm done within 45 mins do the hour was a change. One of my friends in the honours only finished in maybe the last 10/15mins she was the only one left.

I haven't left anymore than 20mins early in most exams only French it's much longer. Tomorrow should be interesting with the Abq I must remember not to spend an hour on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Lads I'm trying to post on another thread for the first time (Arsenal in Soccer forum), says I'm not allowed, it's restricted or something, might not have the priviledges or I might be banned? Any idea what this is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

2 more exams!!!!! doesnt feel real yet, the last 2 weeks its like youre just in some bubble of stress and chit and terror... and now i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.... its wierd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Hayezer wrote: »
    Lads I'm trying to post on another thread for the first time (Arsenal in Soccer forum), says I'm not allowed, it's restricted or something, might not have the priviledges or I might be banned? Any idea what this is about?

You have to request to post in the soccer forum (it's a slightly complicated process). Go read the stickies at the top of that forum and you should figure it out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I did three, I never do any more than that! Wrote 170ish for the diary, about 230 for Q3 (a) and I'd say 240 for Q1 (b). Those are just approximations though, I wrote an average of 232 words for them in the mocks, and I did almost the same amount this time. What did your friend get in French?! They can't have done well if they spent so little time on each essay. :eek:

Oh do you think so?
    He got 99% overall.:)

Is it even necessary to write over the recommended words?

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    Oh do you think so?

Whaaaat?! :eek: Is that including his oral mark? If it isn't, that's mental. Did he just write a load of pre-learned essays or what? How can you possibly write or think that fast? :eek:

I have no idea, I always have, it's gotten me A1s in the past so I just stick to it. You can get a C by doing that too, it all depends on how good your French is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 misha c

Any ideas what might come up in business leaving cert exam tomorrow the 14th of june 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

You have to request to post in the soccer forum (it's a slightly complicated process). Go read the stickies at the top of that forum and you should figure it out. :)

Think I've done it, a bit weird if you ask me :S. Gotta wait now, I wanted to jump in right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Oh do you think so?

Whaaaat?! :eek: Is that including his oral mark? If it isn't, that's mental. Did he just write a load of pre-learned essays or what? How can you possibly write or think that fast? :eek:

I have no idea, I always have, it's gotten me A1s in the past so I just stick to it. You can get a C by doing that too, it all depends on how good your French is.

He probably is French! I'd love to be fluent in it. It'd make everything so much easier!

It's just suddenly sunk in that the LC will be over soon.
    I'm getting kind of nervous for September about deciding which college to go to or I'll pick one and hate it. Then there's the whole making friends and everything all over again. I'm actually going to miss this year as crazy as that may seem.
    Is anyone else like this it isit just me?

• Advertisement

Oh did I forget to mention that he's half French?:pac:
    I think it was an overall mark, don't know the breakdown of it.

Oh did I forget to mention that he's half French?:pac:
    I think it was an overall mark, don't know the breakdown of it.

It all makes sense now! Jesus I knew you had to be trolling a little! :P Ah well normally they don't tell you what you got in the oral, but he probably got 100% 'cause he's French and got 99% on the written (which is harder) or overall.

It's just suddenly sunk in that the LC will be over soon.
    I'm getting kind of nervous for September about deciding which college to go to or I'll pick one and hate it. Then there's the whole making friends and everything all over again. I'm actually going to miss this year as crazy as that may seem.
    Is anyone else like this it isit just me?

Yes completely, I don't even Know where to begin.
    4 exams to go till it's slán forever to secondary school, to say that I'll miss it would be an unjust understatement.
    I don't have a clue what course I want yet and I have to make my mind up by the end of the month, let alone what college I'm going to.
    Making new friends will be a challenge, and so too will be the whole new experience of college life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Don't mean to sound cocky but that was an incredibly easy test

4 exams to go till it's slán forever to secondary school, to say that I'll miss it would be an unjust understatement.
    I don't have a clue what course I want yet and I have to make my mind up by the end of the month, let alone what college I'm going to.
    Making new friends will be a challenge, and so too will be the whole new experience of college life.

I know I wasn't like this last year it's only like sunk in today.
    This year has been great and some of the people I've spoken too.
    And everyone is going off to college and most likely as always you will lose contact with a lot of them which always happens and it's happened to me so many times.
    I have no idea whether I'll be going to college in England / Ireland it's such a hard decision to make.
    I can make friends but I usually take my time when getting to know people. I can't start up random conversations with anyone either with me being shy at the start. I'm worried I'll end up being really independent and not speaking to half the people on my course with only speaking to maybe 2/3.
    I can speak to people most of the time but it's just a big effort. I don't even know what to expect of college.
    Did you put anything down on your cao yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cosmic.Postman

Sounds quite like myself. Nadda clue about college yet! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Throwing all my notes into a giant pile for recycling makes it seem so much more real that I'll never have to speak Irish/write about Hamlet again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Starting life afresh (pretty much that's what happens, especially if you move away to another city) is always challenging but remember that everyone in your course/college is in the same boat and they will also be eager to make new friends :) I'm worried about these things too but I'm sure we would all make new friends easily.

As well as that, people from the LC forum going to the same college can arrange to meet up in real life. That's a start anyway!

I know I wasn't like this last year it's only like sunk in today.
    This year has been great and some of the people I've spoken too.
    And everyone is going off to college and most likely as always you will lose contact with a lot of them which always happens and it's happened to me so many times.
    I have no idea whether I'll be going to college in England / Ireland it's such a hard decision to make.
    I can make friends but I usually take my time when getting to know people. I can't start up random conversations with anyone either with me being shy at the start. I'm worried I'll end up being really independent and not speaking to half the people on my course with only speaking to maybe 2/3.
    I can speak to people most of the time but it's just a big effort. I don't even know what to expect of college.
    Did you put anything down on your cao yet?

Yeah I did my CAO back in January when I filled out all 10 slots.
    It's all like Science MPS, Theoretical physics, Actuarial Science... I don't know if that's what I really want to do with my life.
    I could do engineering, I could do an arts degree, I could do teaching, I could do journalism, I could do economics and finance, I could do computer science....etc. I would embrace each of those degrees with the same enthusiasm, but to limit myself to one thing in life is a killer. I want to everything, I could do anything, but I can only choose one thing.

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Starting life afresh (pretty much that's what happens, especially if you move away to another city) is always challenging but remember that everyone in your course/college is in the same boat and they will also be eager to make new friends :) I'm worried about these things too but I'm sure we would all make new friends easily.

As well as that, people from the LC forum going to the same college can arrange to meet up in real life. That's a start anyway!

I know it'll be like that it's just hard trying to make the right decision or picking on then realising another university would've been the best option :).

• Advertisement

Yeah I did my CAO back in January when I filled out all 10 slots.
    It's all like Science MPS, Theoretical physics, Actuarial Science... I don't know if that's what I really want to do with my life.
    I could do engineering, I could do an arts degree, I could do teaching, I could do journalism, I could do economics and finance, I could do computer science....etc. I would embrace each of those degrees with the same enthusiasm, but to limit myself to one thing in life is a killer. I want to everything, I could do anything, but I can only choose one thing.

Wow thats a wide variety maybe you could do a joint degree or is that only in arts degrees :S. .
    Or if you think about what you would like to do and what you enjoy doing?

I have no idea what I want to do after the course, in terms of career wise. I've only got IT business courses I'm not sure what else if I was to put anything down I'd probably just go with business. Life decisions are so hard lol.
    I'm hoping I won't be too shy in college either :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

The thought of college is starting to get scary now. Actually, I can't wait to move my stuff into my new room. I love doing that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I just want to get going! I'm going to miss school and all my friends a huge amount but I feel ready to move on.

But my CAO issue is I keep switching round the middle of my form, because to be honest the only course I want is my top one, so the middle's full of backups and I can't figure out what order I want them. If I don't get Trinity Maths I'll cry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

It's the thought of being new stuff that gets me excited by college, ill need to get so many things for my appartment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

If all of us quit 6th year, the current 5th years will take over the off topic board. Do we want that? Guys come on. You know that bosrds is more important than any of life's ambitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I'm so unmotivated :(. I've 300 points to play for but I'm drained.

reznov wrote: »
    If all of us quit 6th year, the current 5th years will take over the off topic board. Do we want that? Guys come on. You know that bosrds is more important than any of life's ambitions.

Ugh, the thought of it:(
    I'm sorry for thinking rashly before Rez, of course I'll repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I am so excited to move out! If my exams keep going the way they are I'm pretty sure I'll get my course. :) Really excited to move all my stuff into my new room, and also to find out who I'll be sharing my twin room with.

My biggest fear is a girl who parties all the time, is a sex maniac AND doesn't like my mice. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

My biggest fear is a girl who is a sex maniac

That's why I couldn't deal with a twin room, wouldn't want to impose that on the other person ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Ugh, the thought of it:(
    I'm sorry for thinking rashly before Rez, of course I'll repeat.

It's ok Cian. A moment of weakness - a mental vulnerability of sorts. Just don't let it occur again or you might actually graduate. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement