Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Togepi wrote: »
    I did three, I never do any more than that! Wrote 170ish for the diary, about 230 for Q3 (a) and I'd say 240 for Q1 (b). Those are just approximations though, I wrote an average of 232 words for them in the mocks, and I did almost the same amount this time. What did your friend get in French?! They can't have done well if they spent so little time on each essay. :eek:

Average of 232? :eek: Are you saying that that's the only way to get full marks? I know I wrote like 150-200 words for the first one, but I wasn't far off the stated number of words for the others. I think the most I wrote was like 120. You're worrying me! :( Naw seriously though, is it possible to get full marks with less? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I couldn't imagine listening to orgasms while attempting to solve trigonometry problems. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Having been an only child for 19 years, I'll lose my mind if I don't have a room to myself :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

reznov wrote: »
    I couldn't imagine listening to orgasms while attempting to solve trigonometry problems. :(

Ahra reznov, I'm sure you could give orgasms and solve trigonometry problems simultaneously! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Oh god, she's going to be a heroine addict with little understanding of hygiene, I just know it. :(

Thoughts of a bad room mate are by far more stressful than these exams. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

What's everyone hoping to do next year? :)
    Only if something goes wrong with the plan to all repeat, of course :p

Well I'm not even thinking about an atrocity which may force me to move in life. So crossing my fingers and legs for repeating with all of you. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Arts in NUIG. :) Hoping to do psych, soc and pol, geog and something else.

How about yourself?

Ahra reznov, I'm sure you could give orgasms and solve trigonometry problems simultaneously! :D

She'll orgasm alright - once I break out my super sexy Eason's premium geometry set. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

She'll orgasm alright - once I break out my super sexy Eason's premium geometry set. :cool:

When those compass legs split......oh yes.

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    When those compass legs split......oh yes.

It's making me shudder! Goosebumps are running down my spine from those sexy thoughts.

I'd use protractor to measure her angle. Rawr.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

An IT Business course :). I'm feeling pretty confident I won't be repeating again next year. It all depends on my next two exams though they should be fine!!!

I couldn't share a room either and I'm too protective of my things haha and plus it'd be weird I'm not used to sharing a room. I'd love to live away from home, but that will only happen if take the course I applied to in England. Otherwise I'll just be living at home. In some ways I feel living away from home would be a huge benefit for me . I'd probably become more confident or whatever and find it easier to get to know people as you'd be meeting new people all the time if you're living in the place and there's always people around. It'd also be a great experience but I really like it here. I don't want to be living at home though but I will if I stay in Dublin :S.
    I probably won't decide until the day I see my results then I'll decide where I'd like to go :). I've very indecisive even when I think I've made the decision I still keep second guessing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

It's making me shudder! Goosebumps are running down my spine from those sexy thoughts.

I'd use protractor to measure her angle. Rawr.

I assume you're thinking of a skunk yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Average of 232? eek.gif Are you saying that that's the only way to get full marks? I know I wrote like 150-200 words for the first one, but I wasn't far off the stated number of words for the others. I think the most I wrote was like 120. You're worrying me! :( Naw seriously though, is it possible to get full marks with less? :P

Nooo, you can get full marks with way less, relax! :P I just like writing French. :D If it says 75 or 90 words then 120 is loads. :)
    Eathrin wrote: »
    I would embrace each of those degrees with the same enthusiasm, but to limit myself to one thing in life is a killer. I want to everything, I could do anything, but I can only choose one thing.

*Glances around to see if Coeur is nearby*

SNAP!! :P

Maybe not so much on the being able to do anything, although I was told that I could literally do any degree based on my DATs results, which was nice. :D I want to have at least two careers though, as well as being an author or columnist or something like that. There are so many degrees I'd enjoy doing, it's a b*tch trying to pick one. :(

Are there any jobs in Irish? Teaching is the only one popping into my head.

I heard teachers of Project Maths have a prosperous career ahead of them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Are there any jobs in Irish? Teaching is the only one popping into my head.

Ros na Run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

That's SO Snap.

• Advertisement

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Ros na Run.

I wouldn't make much of an actor but I can speak it fairly well. Sure nobody watches it anyway!

I wouldn't make much of an actor but I can speak it fairly well. Sure nobody watches it anyway!

You're the on,y person who has mastered a clinometer better than I have.
    Become a project Maths teacher!!!!

I'd sign up to your classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Arts in NUIG. :) Hoping to do psych, soc and pol, geog and something else.

How about yourself?

Maths in Trinity - fingers crossed! :D

You're the on,y person who has mastered a clinometer better than I have.
    Become a project Maths teacher!!!!

I'd sign up to your classes.

Did you use the circle method in the exam? I think if I left the whole thing blank they'd still pass me to prove Project Maths is fecking fantastic :P

I enjoyed the proving of the point is on the circle question.
    Got a fine chuckle out of it. :P

I've no idea what job I want at the end of the career. I was thinking a systems analyst or IT consultant but I haven't really got a clue. I just hope I'm going down the right career route and I won't hate the job at the end :).

What kind of job do you's want at the end of your degree?

I've actually watched it a few times. Story lines are desperate. One time Seamas (old guy) robbed trees off some other guy (seriously this is true) and sold them. They dragged that out for a few episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I've actually watched it a few times. Story lines are desperate. One time Seamas (old guy) robbed trees off some other guy (seriously this is true) and sold them. They dragged that out for a few episodes.

One time I turned on the telly, RTE came on my default and I heard a snippet of the latest goings-on in Fair City

"You mean... you weren't cremated?"
    "Yes. I'm not really dead, you know."

leaveiton wrote: »
    One time I turned on the telly, RTE came on my default and I heard a snippet of the latest goings-on in Fair City

"You mean... you weren't cremated?"
    "Yes. I'm not really dead, you know."

I don't actually know if your joking or not, that is how bad fair city is.

• Advertisement

I heard Seamus robbed the dreams of A1s from unsuspecting students in aenglish P2. :O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement