Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

leaveiton wrote: »
    One time I turned on the telly, RTE came on my default and I heard a snippet of the latest goings-on in Fair City

"You mean... you weren't cremated?"
    "Yes. I'm not really dead, you know."

Fair City is actually horrendous! So hard to even watch it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I've actually watched it a few times. Story lines are desperate. One time Seamas (old guy) robbed trees off some other guy (seriously this is true) and sold them. They dragged that out for a few episodes.

That's quality programming. If I was them I'd come up with the most ridiculous storylines ever because nobody would care :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I don't actually know if your joking or not, that is how bad fair city is.

I swear to god I'm not joking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

reznov wrote: »
    She'll orgasm alright - once I break out my super sexy Eason's premium geometry set. :cool:
    Eathrin wrote: »
    When those compass legs split......oh yes.
    reznov wrote: »
    It's making me shudder! Goosebumps are running down my spine from those sexy thoughts.

I'd use protractor to measure her angle. Rawr.

That's...actually...

never mind! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

You know the French aural, am I the only one who didn't hear the a litre of vodka mentioned in French? everyones going on about it and it's on facebook.
    I didn't even notice it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

"Hitting the town with Serge's son cause he's some man for the vodka"

Hahaha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

finality wrote: »

Ah Sound System 007 we meet again.

"Hitting the town with Serge's son cause he's some man for the vodka"

Hahaha:D

It's so hilarious :)
    I wish I noticed the vodka mentioned, must be the only one who didn't hear it lol. It's funny that actually came up in the exam though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I heard nothing about vodka. :(

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »

No naggins for you:mad:

No naggins for you:mad:

I don't like naggins. :P

Togepi wrote: »

I know how did we not hear it? :L was it said in French or English?

Hi this is crazy but heres my number so call me maybe??? :D
    (Honestly do not know why I said that...Classic case of Leaving cert madness!)

Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But here's my exam number
    So Business Ace me.

I now have that song stuck in my head :L.
    It's gonna take ages to leave :/.

I now have that song stuck in my head :L.
    It's gonna take ages to leave :/.

My pleasure :cool:

Lads how are the all-nighters panning out for ye? I've nothing on Friday, I'm starting to worry about Business now because I've literally neglected every scrap of work in the subject for the past two years and now I'm relying on it to go well after English didn't work out quite as Expected.
    Could I even keep my concentration all-night? I can't in the daytime ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Would one take "A1 Slime" as an insult or a compliment? I'm not sure how to interpret it.

Oh and I've been going to bed at 9 and getting up early instead of staying up. Need ma sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I know how did we not hear it? :L was it said in French or English?

Vodka in French is vodka :p

None of my friends are finished until the 21st, tomorrow's going to be such an anti-climax for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Lads how are the all-nighters panning out for ye? I've nothing on Friday, I'm starting to worry about Business now because I've literally neglected every scrap of work in the subject for the past two years and now I'm relying on it to go well after English didn't work out quite as Expected.

I've found getting up at 2 really helps. I can study so much better when there's nobody awake, just take a berocca boost when you get up and have 2 or 3 cups of coffee throughout the night, and be constantly sipping on a glass of ice cold water. If you feel yourself getting tired, go for a 5 minute jog or else massage the **** out of your ear lobes, there are some receptors in there that wake you up! I'm going to sleep now to get up at 2, hoping to get all of units 4, 5 and 6 done, i've also neglected the **** out of business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Would one take "A1 Slime" as an insult or a compliment?

I seen that, strange insult! I find it funny that people who basically promote cheating can call someone else A1 slime.

You'd probably end up really tired during the exam if you did an all nighter. You could wake up early and try and do work beforehand. I think I tried staying up really late last year for one of my exams it backfired and I forgot most of it.
    I haven't done much business in a while myself I worked much more at it last year. I need a high grade too. I'm thinking of studying until like 11/12pm then waking up at 6am and doing more study beforehand. An then it'll still be kind of fresh in your head when you go into the exam. Also with there being no waffle allowed in the business exam which I pretty much end up doing when I forget something.

Namlub wrote: »
    Vodka in French is vodka :p

None of my friends are finished until the 21st, tomorrow's going to be such an anti-climax for me

Aw nearly everybody I know is off tomorrow or today. It's only the boardsies on here that aren't finished til next week. Everyone else is celebrating this Friday , I'll be at home studying economics lol. I kind of like how spaces out my exams are it gives me a chance to study properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

You'd probably end up really tired during the exam if you did an all nighter. You could wake up early and try and do work beforehand. I think I tried staying up really late last year for one of my exams it backfired and I forgot most of it.
    I haven't done much business in a while myself I worked much more at it last year. I need a high grade too. I'm thinking of studying until like 11/12pm then waking up at 6am and doing more study beforehand. An then it'll still be kind of fresh in your head when you go into the exam. Also with there being no waffle allowed in the business exam which I pretty much end up doing when I forget something.

I think it depends completely on the person tbh. I've always been used to not sleeping much since I always stay up so late on the laptop before school. Sunday night I slept 12-3, Monday night I slept 12-2, last night I slept 11-6 and I'm getting up at 2 again tonight. Although none of my exams went particularly well, I know I did my best in them for the amount of work I had done, and a lack of sleep didn't hinder my work at all, apart from mixing up iolra and uatha in irish! Although that obviously wouldn't work for loads of people, it does for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

here, if i pay someone will they sit the rest of my exams. i have the motivation of a rock at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

German on Friday, Chemistry sometime next week and Ag on the 21st...fml :(. Did nothing yesterday and today, German all day tomorrow!

I've gotten up early (at around five or six) to study for the last three mornings. It was useful the first morning, but for Irish the only story I didn't go over came up, and for French all I did was formal letters. They weren't on the paper at all. Needless to say I'm bitter and exhausted, mostly because of Irish, I love French so much I don't even care that 95% of my revision was pointless.

Actually I just remembered I did a bit for the Olympics for Irish on Monday. Nothing there again... :cool:

The Maths revision was slightly useful though, even though I did less than an hour of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yeah I'm way too relaxed and I should be doing business. And lads history, the bane of my life, was lovely and now I never need to worry about it again ^_^

• Advertisement

I think it depends completely on the person tbh. I've always been used to not sleeping much since I always stay up so late on the laptop before school. Sunday night I slept 12-3, Monday night I slept 12-2, last night I slept 11-6 and I'm getting up at 2 again tonight. Although none of my exams went particularly well, I know I did my best in them for the amount of work I had done, and a lack of sleep didn't hinder my work at all, apart from mixing up iolra and uatha in irish! Although that obviously wouldn't work for loads of people, it does for me!

Aw yeah true , if you're used to it as well then it's easier but if you don't normally do all nighters you never know how it'll turn out. Do you get tired during the day?
    I wish I could go by without much sleep lol. I'd be too tired and wouldn't be able to focus. I'm not sure the early morning wakening works either I always end up not getting up. But then again for geography I did an hour before and a few things showed up on the test and I was able to remember it. I really will get up tomorrow. I really need at least B1 in this. I know I'll pass business for sure though it's just getting the high grade :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement