Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Hayezer wrote: »
    German on Friday, Chemistry sometime next week and Ag on the 21st...fml :(. Did nothing yesterday and today, German all day tomorrow!

Very similar here only I've music instead of Ag Science on the 21st! Need to do loads of German tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Togepi wrote: »
    I've gotten up early (at around five or six) to study for the last three mornings. It was useful the first morning, but for Irish the only story I didn't go over came up, and for French all I did was formal letters. They weren't on the paper at all. Needless to say I'm bitter and exhausted, mostly because of Irish, I love French so much I don't even care that 95% of my revision was pointless.

Actually I just remembered I did a bit for the Olympics for Irish on Monday. Nothing there again... :cool:

The Maths revision was slightly useful though, even though I did less than an hour of it.

Aw how do you do 5/6 am ? I always find it really hard . I set my alarm but I never get up and change my mind.

I've studied from 7/8am not any earlier yet. I kind of remember things easier after having a quick look over everything.
    Although last year I woke up at 4am to study engineering and I still failed :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

leaveiton wrote: »
    Very similar here only I've music instead of Ag Science on the 21st! Need to do loads of German tomorrow!

I was thinking of sacraficing German as I hate it(got a B in mock though) and instead focus on Geo, but Geo didn't go to well so I suppose I should try do well in it! Just gonna learn paragraph for different topics, phrases and grammer I'd say :P might do a listening. This is actually most important stretch of LC for me I'd say, plan was always to get an A in Biology, Chem and Ag to save my LC :P Concentration has been dipping as time goes by though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Namlub wrote: »
    Yeah I'm way too relaxed and I should be doing business. And lads history, the bane of my life, was lovely and now I never need to worry about it again ^_^

Good to hear! Same here, the effort of opening the business book like. I'm only looking for like a c though so be grand!

Aw yeah true , if you're used to it as well then it's easier but if you don't normally do all nighters you never know how it'll turn out. Do you get tired during the day?
    I wish I could go by without much sleep lol. I'd be too tired and wouldn't be able to focus. I'm not sure the early morning wakening works either I always end up not getting up. But then again for geography I did an hour before and a few things showed up on the test and I was able to remember it. I really will get up tomorrow. I really need at least B1 in this. I know I'll pass business for sure though it's just getting the high grade :).

haha i pretty much had a sleep in this morning getting up at 6! getting up at 2 is really hard, i can tell you that, but all of the work i do is last minute cramming so i just say to myself get up now or fail the exam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Hayezer wrote: »
    I was thinking of sacraficing German as I hate it(got a B in mock though) and instead focus on Geo, but Geo didn't go to well so I suppose I should try do well in it! Just gonna learn paragraph for different topics, phrases and grammer I'd say :P might do a listening. This is actually most important stretch of LC for me I'd say, plan was always to get an A in Biology, Chem and Ag to save my LC :P Concentration has been dipping as time goes by though :(

Yeah I badly need an A in chem and biology too! I hope the German exam is nice to me, I usually get As in class tests and the like but I got a B3 in the mock which isn't great for me :( I really need it to go well because I'm not confident that I got the A in biology and I'm afraid I won't get it in chemistry either!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

rage-comics-untitled.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Aw how do you do 5/6 am ? I always find it really hard . I set my alarm but I never get up and change my mind.

I've studied from 7/8am not any earlier yet. I kind of remember things easier after having a quick look over everything.
    Although last year I woke up at 4am to study engineering and I still failed :rolleyes: .

Alarm goes on the other side of the room to make sure I get up. ;) Except I usually just end up grabbing it, turning it off and going back to bed holding it like a teddy bear. :P Slept in by 20 minutes today, 10 yesterday, and 0 on Monday. (Bit of a pattern!)

My bus goes at 8 so I can't sleep in 'til then, on a normal day I have to drag myself out of bed at 7.30. :(

Alarm goes on the other side of the room to make sure I get up. ;) Except I usually just end up grabbing it, turning it off and going back to bed holding it like a teddy bear. :P Slept in by 20 minutes today, 10 yesterday, and 0 on Monday. (Bit of a pattern!)

My bus goes at 8 so I can't sleep in 'til then, on a normal day I have to drag myself out of bed at 7.30. :(

Aw I'm actually terrible at waking up. If my alarm is not under my pillow or at least withins arms reach I won't hear it and sleep through it and then maybe an hour later I'll wake up with it still going on. Snooze on alarms are the worst. Beds are always so comfy in the mornings. I live up the road like just 10mins away so it's handy :). I really will try and wake up early study . I say this everytime and fail :L .

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Would one take "A1 Slime" as an insult or a compliment? I'm not sure how to interpret it.

Oh and I've been going to bed at 9 and getting up early instead of staying up. Need ma sleep

Take it as a compliment. Being an A1 slime warrants you 100 points. They could be D3 slime.

• Advertisement

Aw I'm actually terrible at waking up. If my alarm is not under my pillow or at least withins arms reach I won't hear it and sleep through it and then maybe an hour later I'll wake up with it still going on. Snooze on alarms are the worst. Beds are always so comfy in the mornings. I live up the road like just 10mins away so it's handy :). I really will try and wake up early study . I say this everytime and fail :L .

Snooze will be the death of me, I had to deactivate it, it always went on for half an hour, even when I set the interval to two minutes. :o My alarm clock now runs away from me, and I stil go back to bed sometimes after it goes off. :cool: I'm definitely not a morning person! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I'm the exact same, I need at least two alarms and one under my pillow or there's no chance of waking up :pac: I love living so close to school, so much extra time in bed :D

Snooze will be the death of me, I had to deactivate it, it always went on for half an hour, even when I set the interval to two minutes. :o My alarm clock now runs away from me, and I stil go back to bed sometimes after it goes off. :cool: I'm definitely not a morning person! :P

Haha I remember the video link you had of it before it's hilarious. Mine would probably get lost in my room lol. I just use my phone it's the only alarm which works, I made it to be an annoying tone. I've tried my ipod and that didn't work. My mum wake me every morning anyway. She won't stop coming in until I get up. Same I'm a night owl me. If only exams were at night when my brain is really alive.
    I don't get annoyed much or anything in the morning I just won't say a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

So so tired. Failed biology yesterday, don't think i even answered enough questions for a d3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I live 45 minutes away from my School, :rolleyes: I'm so used to being up early I don't even notice anymore. I was however dozing off in the shower at 4.30 this morning! :L

Joey. wrote: »
    I'm the exact same, I need at least two alarms and one under my pillow or there's no chance of waking up :pac: I love living so close to school, so much extra time in bed :D

I know yeah but it makes you extra lazy. I'm still late even when I live close except for these exams although I only go in for about 10mins before it starts. I've been late nearly everyday in the last half of my year.

I live 45 minutes away from my School, :rolleyes: I'm so used to being up early I don't even notice anymore. I was however dozing off in the shower at 4.30 this morning! :L

Wow :eek: thats so early! how do you manage to get up and have a shower at that time?

I know yeah but it makes you extra lazy. I'm still late even when I live close except for these exams although I only go in for about 10mins before it starts. I've been late nearly everyday in the last half of my year.

Same, I'm always late because I live so close. I just tell myself that 3 minutes is plenty of time to get there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Anybody fancy rapid fire business questions on msn or Skype?

reznov wrote: »
    Take it as a compliment. Being an A1 slime warrants you 100 points. They could be D3 slime.

hey, i'm a d3 slime :(

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    I'll do some with you on FB if you want Cian! :L

Eathrin wrote: »

Here's a good one:
    What are the disadvantages of a line organisation structure?

hey, i'm a d3 slime :(

Unfortunately you need to practice to reach A1 slime level.

Haha I remember the video link you had of it before it's hilarious. Mine would probably get lost in my room lol. I just use my phone it's the only alarm which works, I made it to be an annoying tone. I've tried my ipod and that didn't work. My mum wake me every morning anyway. She won't stop coming in until I get up. Same I'm a night owl me. If only exams were at night when my brain is really alive.
    I don't get annoyed much or anything in the morning I just won't say a word.

It's evil!! :P I can get annoyed easily enough in the morning, like if one of my brothers annoys me I could easily yell at them and then a minute later go "oh crap sorry". :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

My alarm clock now runs away from me, and I stil go back to bed sometimes after it goes off. :cool: I'm definitely not a morning person! :P

I want an alarm clock that runs around! :(
    Same I'm a night owl me. If only exams were at night when my brain is really alive.

I always get stuck with 9.30 exams. I don't understand why colleges don't run late exams at 6 or 7pm. It would work so well for me! :D My study time usually runs til 4 or 5am, morning exams just aren't fair! :P
    Joey. wrote: »
    Same, I'm always late because I live so close. I just tell myself that 3 minutes is plenty of time to get there :p

Living right beside college is terrible, I get up for my 9.10am lectures at 9, and usually leave the house to go to exams about 5 minutes before they start >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

45 mins? I could go to the school my dad used to teach in and still have a few minutes to spare! And that's in a different county!

I want an alarm clock that runs around! :(

YouTube "Clocky alarm clock". :D

ChemHickey wrote: »
    45 mins? I could go to the school my dad used to teach in and still have a few minutes to spare! And that's in a different county!
    Well I don't actually live in the County I go to school in! :P

Living right beside college is terrible, I get up for my 9.10am lectures at 9, and usually leave the house to go to exams about 5 minutes before they start >_>

I've been doing that for my entire life :p I was supposed to be in and ready for my Irish oral at 8.50, woke up at like 8.40 and was still on time :pac:

• Advertisement

I fly into Ireland from Australia every morning. Just wanted to share that fact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement