Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    Lads how are the all-nighters panning out for ye? I've nothing on Friday, I'm starting to worry about Business now because I've literally neglected every scrap of work in the subject for the past two years and now I'm relying on it to go well after English didn't work out quite as Expected.
    Could I even keep my concentration all-night? I can't in the daytime ffs.

Worked out really well for biology for me, but I wanted to die for the entire day as I felt so awful. :L My concentration was really bad just as I went into the exam, and I was all "crap, I've really messed up!" But then I somehow managed to focus and a load of definitions I'd read over came up and I'm confident that I got an A as a result.

It was worse for me as I'd only gotten about 3 hours of sleep the night before the all-nighter... By the end of the day I felt like I was going to collapse and I looked like I was about to drop dead, my skin was like grey. :L

But it definitely paid off. I got up around 3pm today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

ChemHickey wrote: »
    45 mins? I could go to the school my dad used to teach in and still have a few minutes to spare! And that's in a different county!
    Well I don't actually live in the County I go to school in! :P

Really? why! =S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Really? why! =S
    I live on the border between L'ford/W'meath!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

My next exam isn't until next Tuesday and I'm so unmotivated. It's as if I'm finished already :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Anyone see the pages about the French exam?

Hittin the town with Serge's son cause he's some man for the vodka
    Hearing "a litre of vodka", in your French Aural and knowing you've finally cracked
    Crafty French ****ers with their heroin in loafs of bread
    Driving home too fast cause your frozen food is in the trunk
    Eating a cuisine de France roll and suddenly feeling high....

:pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Siobhnk wrote: »
    My next exam isn't until next Tuesday and I'm so unmotivated. It's as if I'm finished already :rolleyes:

I'm on again on Monday. I want to sleep for four days but hopefully under performing in the first seven exams will motivate me to work my ass off to compensate for that in the next two. :cool:

Really? why! =S
    Aha! I don't near the Sligo/Roscommon border yet, it'd feel really weird going to Boyle! But there are loads of secondary schools in Sligo so I'd a few choices (well two are all girl schools, so not as much as I thought... still around 5 in a 20minute radius!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Togepi wrote: »
    YouTube "Clocky alarm clock". :D

Oh I love Clocky!
    I've wanted one for ages but never got around to getting one. I imagine they'd make my mornings 100 times better. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Oh I love Clocky!
    I've wanted one for ages but never got around to getting one. I imagine they'd make my mornings 100 times better. :D

They're both brilliant and awful! It's worse 'cause I get dizzy if I get up too quickly (this is WAY worse in the mornings, especially when I can't see and can't even tell if I'm dizzy or not). :o The safest thing to do is fall back onto my bed incase I'd ever faint, but that's also the most dangerous 'cause its so hard to get me up again! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

Anyone planning on emigrating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh I love Clocky!
    I REALLY need to stop skimming posts, and start reading posts more carefully!! >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Wanchor wrote: »
    Anyone planning on emigrating?

Yeah hopefully, within the next 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

The world can be a cruel place.. Just found out my nan died the night before my business exam:(

Martin_94 wrote: »

Any place in particular? I'm hoping to go join a start-up in the States or at least somewhere where intellect is in abundance.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Be a transnational, that-a-boy Martin! Don't forget to repatriate profits back to ireland, exploit their resources + labour, become unlock and create mass unemployment when their economic variables change and finally don't create any ancilliary business. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Any place in particular? I'm hoping to go join a start-up in the States or at least somewhere where intellect is in abundance.

I wouldn't say intellect is in abundance in the USA if TBH. If you want intellect, travel eastward or Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Togepi wrote: »
    It's evil!! :P I can get annoyed easily enough in the morning, like if one of my brothers annoys me I could easily yell at them and then a minute later go "oh crap sorry". :pac:
    Haha I usually still half sleep to be annoyed at anything although my mum gets annoyed at me sometimes if she thinks I've spoken to her in a certain tone of voice :S.
    I always get stuck with 9.30 exams. I don't understand why colleges don't run late exams at 6 or 7pm. It would work so well for me! :D My study time usually runs til 4 or 5am, morning exams just aren't fair! :P
    I know I'd be so much better at afternoon exams and plus there'd be so much more time to study rather than having to wake up early and losing sleep.
    Joey. wrote: »
    Same, I'm always late because I live so close. I just tell myself that 3 minutes is plenty of time to get there :p

I think I was nearly late for one of my exams last week I think it was geography I just got there ontime. Next year It'll have to change unless I'm at dcu which is just 2mins away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I don't think I have any energy to study anymore business tonight and I still have so much to look over. I've only looked over unit 1-4 so far and now on 5. But I don't think I'm remembering anymore of the information so it's probably a waste to continue. I'll just wake up tomorrow and go over the rest.

I actually plan to start up my own business, sadly getting visas for the states is near impossible unless you've an American relative. I'd say maybe Canada, economies a lot better over there then it is here or in the U.S., I'd love to live in the states though, just I don't think I'd be able to get a visa.

reznov wrote: »

I wouldn't say intellect is in abundance in the USA if TBH. If you want intellect, travel eastward or Germany.

*Go eastward.*

All to Japan. Dibs Reznov's place! ;)

• Advertisement

I actually plan to start up my own business, sadly getting visas for the states is near impossible unless you've an American relative. I'd say maybe Canada, economies a lot better over there then it is here or in the U.S.

If you go to Canada you could become fluent in French! That's a bonus too!

reznov wrote: »

I am unfortunately gracefully **** all learning languages if the leaving cert is anything to go by (specifically Irish).
    I actually plan to start up my own business, sadly getting visas for the states is near impossible unless you've an American relative. I'd say maybe Canada, economies a lot better over there then it is here or in the U.S.

Same! I'm planning on setting up a company in just over 3 weeks! Shoot out a couple of apps to the App Store and do some freelancing. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Ahh you're like me! :D I'm just on the Kildare/Laois border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Cill94

I think it depends completely on the person tbh. I've always been used to not sleeping much since I always stay up so late on the laptop before school. Sunday night I slept 12-3, Monday night I slept 12-2, last night I slept 11-6 and I'm getting up at 2 again tonight. Although none of my exams went particularly well, I know I did my best in them for the amount of work I had done, and a lack of sleep didn't hinder my work at all, apart from mixing up iolra and uatha in irish! Although that obviously wouldn't work for loads of people, it does for me!

You are going to crash HARD. And all the teachers in my school are telling us it's more worthwhile to just stop studying at 9/10 so that you can be fully rested and fresh for the exam.

Same! I'm planning on setting up a company in just over 3 weeks! Shoot out a couple of apps to the App Store and do some freelancing. Sorted.

lol, that's very similar to want I have planned, although I don't think it'll be 3 weeks for me, probably 3 years!

Really want an A in business tomorrow, but haven't done much study at all today, very hard to get motivated after exams. Might go to bed at 2, get up at 6, and study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Last exam tomorrow :D scrape a D in it, laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Freewheelin_

I actually plan to start up my own business, sadly getting visas for the states is near impossible unless you've an American relative. I'd say maybe Canada, economies a lot better over there then it is here or in the U.S., I'd love to live in the states though, just I don't think I'd be able to get a visa.

That feeling when you've got a green card and no American relatives :p

This is it:

JfbjE.gif

That feeling when you've got a green card and no American relatives :p

This is it:

JfbjE.gif

Is it just by pure chance? I'm gonna chance my arm and apply for MIT next year as a transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Freewheelin_

Is it just by pure chance? I'm gonna chance my arm and apply for MIT next year as a transfer.

My dad works in the States and got a green card which made me eligible. Not American though, 'spose it's a bit of a technicality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement