Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Eathrin wrote: »
    Fúckity fúck! Last night was such an absolute fail:(
    All I did was watch tv then fall asleep at 3am when I climbed into bed with my business book on top of me. So I got nothing studied and I couldn't concentrate this morning I was so wrecked.
    Fúck that exam was terrible. I actually can't believe it. I regret everything.
    Sorry to hear it Cian. I'm sure it went better than you thought though, you're very intelligent and bull**** goes a loooooong way in business!
    Martin_94 wrote: »
    This is my 500th post and what an occasion to mark it. Pretty much finished the LC, just one exam left. Business went great (I think), Ireland match tonight.....the future is looking up. Happier then I've been in ages. :D:D:D:):):):D:D:D:):):):D:pac:
    Same here man, so excited to catch up on my sleep! Nothing until chemistry on Tuesday and then freedom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Fúckity fúck! Last night was such an absolute fail:(
    All I did was watch tv then fall asleep at 3am when I climbed into bed with my business book on top of me. So I got nothing studied and I couldn't concentrate this morning I was so wrecked.
    Fúck that exam was terrible. I actually can't believe it. I regret everything.

If you still have a few exams left you can still do great in the rest, the let that exam get you down if you've still got others left. You can still do well in the next ones to come.

I feel like I've finished already but I have economics this the one exam I'm the least certain for. I didn't even sit a mock paper, I'm really unsure what level I'm at. My teacher isn't the best either I've been teaching myself and got a few grinds towards the end. I need a B in economics , I have until next wednesday. I haven't looked at economics in so long.
    Hopefully these 6 days will pay off . I'm just unsure whether I should focus on the micro or macro section :S.
    I'm kind of glad I have a gap in between if it was tomorrow I'd probably not do the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

If you still have a few exams left you can still do great in the rest, the let that exam get you down if you've still got others left. You can still do well in the next ones to come.

Yeah I know that's a dangerous trap to fall into. I'll try to stay positive.
    But it's tough knowing that after bad papers in English, Irish and Business I can't do as well as I wanted to. (That's not mentioning French which I was actually delighted with, but more in a way where I did better than usual, still won't be counted).

Yeah I know that's a dangerous trap to fall into. I'll try to stay positive.
    But it's tough knowing that after bad papers in English, Irish and Business I can't do as well as I wanted to. (That's not mentioning French which I was actually delighted with, but more in a way where I did better than usual, still won't be counted).

Aw how many exams do you have left?
    You never know you could be wrong and do much better than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Ugh, most girls in my year have finished their Leaving Cert and I'm still hanging on for Physics and German. :( I'm really bad at German and need a high grade in OL physics, so feeling a bit under pressure. I know it's only 4 more days, but I really wish I was off now. All of my friends are finished after German tomorrow. weh

Do you lads think it's better to have a short or a long Leaving? Personally I think although short gives you less time to prepare, at least you won't feel as drained during your last few exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Do you lads think it's better to have a short or a long Leaving? Personally I think although short gives you less time to prepare, at least you won't feel as drained during your last few exams.

I don't know, probably better to have a long leaving cert IMO 'cause you have more time to study. I had no time to study for Bio or Business and I forgot some of the stuff I had learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

My god the weather is depressing. It's supposed to be summer?

Ugh, most girls in my year have finished their Leaving Cert and I'm still hanging on for Physics and German. :( I'm really bad at German and need a high grade in OL physics, so feeling a bit under pressure. I know it's only 4 more days, but I really wish I was off now. All of my friends are finished after German tomorrow. weh

I'd say long last year was in everyday I didn't get a chance to look over everything . Having a long spaced out one gives you the chance to study properly and look over everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I feel like I've finished already but I have economics this the one exam I'm the least certain for. I didn't even sit a mock paper, I'm really unsure what level I'm at. My teacher isn't the best either I've been teaching myself and got a few grinds towards the end. I need a B in economics , I have until next wednesday. I haven't looked at economics in so long.
    Hopefully these 6 days will pay off . I'm just unsure whether I should focus on the micro or macro section :S.
    I'm kind of glad I have a gap in between if it was tomorrow I'd probably not do the best.

Focus on market structures, demand/supply and elasticity for micro - that's at least 2 guaranteed long questions. Factors of production are also handy enough.
    For macro, national income is handy as the question is really short to answer if it comes up. International trade wasn't up last year and if you can explain Comparative Advantage you'll find it easy enough. Also look at economic aims of government, taxation, national debt, roles of international bodies (IMF, ECB) as it's so topical. The circular flow of income and the asset structure of a bank are both likely.
    :)

• Advertisement

Taxation's pretty much gauranteed isn't it? Lovely question I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I hate that feeling when you realise you got stuff wrong in an exam. Fúck there goes my b1 in biology. And I was really banking on it for points :(

Aw how many exams do you have left?
    You never know you could be wrong and do much better than expected.

3 to go, I hope I do okay in business, but that exam gave me no confidence.

3 to go, I hope I do okay in business, but that exam gave me no confidence.

Aw there's always one exam which doesn't go the best like mine was paper 1 in maths and other people have had exam which have been like that. See how the rest go , 3 exams left there's still a great chance to get great grades if you really want it. Maybe look over a few things if you're a little worried even though you usually wouldn't. Just forget about the business exam now there's not much you can do even though it's hard when the exam doesn't go the rest. Try an get your confidence back for the next exams and get your positivity back :).

finality wrote: »
    My god the weather is depressing. It's supposed to be summer?

I had no idea what you were talking about until it started pouring down here a minute ago.

It's not raining where I am it's just cloudy :S.
    And slightly colder than usual.

Edit:I've jinxed it now it's gotten really windy and now it's raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I had no idea what you were talking about until it started pouring down here a minute ago.
    Me too! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It's horrific down here in cork. Looks like it's going to flood or something, it's been raining all day. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

lalala german.. not motivated at all to study it! O: it's sooo boring. /:
    guten tag. jaaaaaaa ): ugh can't wait for it to be over :P

ag science and music next thursday! :D cannot wait :D favourite subjects :pac:

In our exam centre you can hear the rain rattling of the roof, I kind of like it though, 'tis relaxing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Every cloud really does have a silver lining. I may be sick right in the middle of the Leaving, but at least I don't have an exam until Monday, due to a lucky combination of me dropping Art and the DCG exam being moved this year. :) Thank god I dropped Art, I'm way too weak to sit an exam today. :( I think I need to visit a Pokécentre. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

finality wrote: »
    It's horrific down here in cork. Looks like it's going to flood or something, it's been raining all day. :P

You're from Cork? o_O
    Still haven't realised that I'm finished, like I still have that vague guilt at the back of my mind that I'm not studying right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I think I might already have to repeat :( Biology went crap for me...And I needed at least a B2 in that. Have chemistry and Spanish on Tuesday.If I can pull a high B or A in Spanish and get at least a C1 in chemistry I maybe could be in with a chance...Its not looking good tho :( Feel so bad at the moment :/

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I hate that feeling when you realise you got stuff wrong in an exam. Fúck there goes my b1 in biology. And I was really banking on it for points :(

I've had that since French finished, and I'll be so disapointed if I don't get an A in it. I always take things so literally. :( Like in the aural I wrote down "the hairdresser's house" instead of the hairdresser's because the way it was said literally sounds like it was her house. :( Before in class I wrote down "general doctors" instead of GPs or doctors because I translated what was said word for word.

Can't be as bad as last year though. I heard the word "voiture", which I knew meant car, and wrote down bike. :o :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Togepi wrote: »
    I've had that since French finished, and I'll be so disapointed if I don't get an A in it. I always take things so literally. :( Like in the aural I wrote down "the hairdresser's house" instead of the hairdresser's because the way it was said literally sounds like it was her house. :( Before in class I wrote down "general doctors" instead of GPs or doctors because I translated what was said word for word.

Can't be as bad as last year though. I heard the word "voiture", which I knew meant car, and wrote down bike. :o :P

There was a hairdresser? This proves how terrible I did, didn't hear the vodka either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Heh, I keep dwelling on the fact I translated 'désagréable' as unkind when I should have just said disagreeable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Namlub wrote: »
    Heh, I keep dwelling on the fact I translated 'désagréable' as unkind when I should have just said disagreeable...

I said that as well, I would imagine we'll get the marks for it, I mean disagreeable and unkind are the same thing in that context :) They accept more than one answer

M&S* wrote: »
    There was a hairdresser? This proves how terrible I did, didn't hear the vodka either.

Yeah, it was for the stupid excuses of motorists part. I heard them say "cófra" for the first one so I wrote down something about food in a press. :o

And I heard NOTHING about vodka. They played it three times too. I hope I get something for what I wrote for that anyway. :(

Edit: Lads is désagréable not unpleasant? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

My aunt is on her way out.... and I have to mind my brother and I have no dad to help me with physics.
    This is horrible, and I may have to repeat because of it... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Chemistry people!
    Has anyone ever heard of 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine? It's supposedly a test for ethanal, am I supposed to know about it? :(
    My aunt is on her way out.... and I have to mind my brother and I have no dad to help me with physics.
    This is horrible, and I may have to repeat because of it... :(

What help do you need for physics? Feel free to PM me if you have questions, I might be able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement