Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Namlub wrote: »
    You're from Cork? o_O
    Still haven't realised that I'm finished, like I still have that vague guilt at the back of my mind that I'm not studying right now.

I am. What's wrong with that? :P

Chemistry people!
    Has anyone ever heard of 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine? It's supposedly a test for ethanal, am I supposed to know about it? :(

What help do you need for physics? Feel free to PM me if you have questions, I might be able to help. :)

I've never heard of that. I don't think you need to know a test for ethanal specifically, just one for unsaturation like bromine water or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I elected to do the ordinary business paper in the end, so glad I did. I knew all the stuff, and I figured a good pass in ordinary would be better than getting another E in higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

Chemistry people!
    Has anyone ever heard of 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine? It's supposedly a test for ethanal, am I supposed to know about it? :(

I've never seen that anyway whatsoever.. just use bromine water test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

How do I unsubscribe to all of these threads? The notification emails are clogging up my inbox...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Chemistry people!
    My aunt is on her way out.... and I have to mind my brother and I have no dad to help me with physics.
    This is horrible, and I may have to repeat because of it... :(

What help do you need for physics? Feel free to PM me if you have questions, I might be able to help. :)

Could those be the DNP tablets that can be used in test of colimetry? That's all I could probably associate them with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

How do I unsubscribe to all of these threads? The notification emails are clogging up my inbox...

I think there's an option to do so at the end of each email. You have to do it for each thread individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

click "unfollow thread" at the bottom of each new post - one by dwindling one.

Hope you all did well.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Have any of ye played Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on DS? I just found it, might play it after lc if it's good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Have any of ye played Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on DS? I just found it, might play it after lc if it's good!

I'm gonna get Euro 2012 and a fair few other games for ps3. I don't have a DS. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I think I might get one of those cartridge things that lets you play downloaded games from an sd card (this is legal if you own the games and of course I just want to have backups :rolleyes: )

Then I'll get Pokemon platinum and WIN ALL THE CONTESTS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Well I personally loved Phantom Hourglass! It's my third favourite in the series, after OoT and MM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Mista wrote: »
    I've never seen that anyway whatsoever.. just use bromine water test :)

Graaaaand, thanks :) Spotted it in a marking scheme and got a bit worried. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Any good PS3 games floating around? Think I might get Uncharted and Portal 2 :)

finality wrote: »
    I think I might get one of those cartridge things that lets you play downloaded games from an sd card (this is legal if you own the games and of course I just want to have backups :rolleyes: )

I'll battle ya I will! =) ....after the Leaving cert

Can't wait for Pokemon Black and White 2, why aren't they out for so long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Agh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

finality wrote: »

I was playing Pokemon crystal earlier online. I need to get more Pokemon games I'll probably just play them online.
    @Togepi and @Historykitten got me into pokemon again lol.

While we're on the topic, does anyone know any good online Pokemon RPGS (like, interactive written ones)? The one I used to play is a ghost town...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Togepi wrote: »
    I think there's an option to do so at the end of each email. You have to do it for each thread individually.

If you want to do it for loads of threads, go to your subscribed threads (if you're using the beta skin, its the little icon in the top right corner, if you're not using the beta skin, get using it! :P), then you can select a whole page of ~20 threads together and cancel the email subscription without removing them as subscribed threads!

If you want to do it for loads of threads, go to your subscribed threads (if you're using the beta skin, its the little icon in the top right corner, if you're not using the beta skin, get using it! :P), then you can select a whole page of ~20 threads together and cancel the email subscription without removing them as subscribed threads!

I'm using the default beta skin, I can't see the icon though. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Togepi wrote: »
    I'm using the default beta skin, I can't see the icon though. :confused:

The default skin that you get when you sign up, or the one thats called "boards.ie beta"? If you want to change skins, go to "edit options" from your control panel, and its down at the very bottom.

If you're on the beta skin, this should be the top of your page. The little red icon on the right is subscribed threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

CFVGBHUNUJIK GUYS I MISSED YOU.

I'M FINISHED NOW.

HISTORY WAS BEAUTIFUL, FRENCH WAS GREAT AND BUSINESS WASN'T BAD. <3333
    Couldnt bear to miss so many posts but :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Patchy~ wrote: »

I'M FINISHED NOW.

History was a total peach, I can't tell you how happy I was with that paper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

A lot of people are really into Pokémon! :confused: I never was at all myself :P

History was a total peach, I can't tell you how happy I was with that paper :D
    You have no idea how happy I was! Went in afraid of failing. This is literally what I knew:
    Hitler internal/external
    Vague idea of Russia
    Eucharistic Congress
    Very vague idea of Cosgrave / DeV / Rise of Sinn Fein
    Coleraine, Apprentice Boys, Welfare State, NICRA
    Vague idea of France, Katanga and India :o

I actually wrote 'omg' beside the congress and was overjoyed! What I didnt learn was:
    Italy, France, WWII, Anglo-American culture, Britain - at all. We didnt do the middle 3. I didnt know the other 2 case studies in S+P, I didnt know the north and south in WWII, the rising, the troubles, ecumenism, key personalities, omg I knew nothing and everything I knew came up I almost died :pac:
    A lot of people are really into Pokémon! :confused: I never was at all myself :P
    I love it! :) Did I miss much fun Pokemon discussion? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

same.. :pac: only liked brock and that was it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'M FINISHED NOW.

How was the torture of not being on boards? lol at least it was only a few days. So lucky you're finished .:)

I'M FINISHED NOW.

Patchy! You're back! You seemed to have disappeared... we thought you were gone for good!

Very bad, I PM'd a few people but that was it :P I had Coeur posting on my wall and everyone else liking it to taunt me :pac:
    I know :D I'm so happy! :) Its actually unreal :)

• Advertisement

Did I miss much fun Pokemon discussion? :P

YES. :P
    Very bad, I PM'd a few people but that was it :P

You didn't PM me. </3 It's okay we got loads of French revision done on Twitter. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement