Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I just thought of all the Dubliners here speaking with Dublin accents and loled :pac: for some reason I always expect people online to have the same accent as me :p

Haha I'm always thinking that too, except I have a irish/english mixed accent so it's really different .
    Eathrin wrote: »
    No huge preference.

It is unfortunate that we were stuck into the best group in the competition.
    Only group b with Germany, Netherlands and Portugal is as difficult.

How do they pick the teams for each grop?
    Oh yeah group b is quite good. I'd say Spain would be my second choice of team as they're great to watch. I could say England they're okay.

Togepi wrote: »
    :D

Haha it just hatched from the egg. I never play with it though. It's too young and it hasn't got the best moves :(. I should really train it up lol. It only has growl and charm lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

I'm just about to start a new game of Soul Silver, dunno whether to choose the water or the fire one!
    My team is always the same, Water/Fire starter, Alakazam, Arcanine/Golduck (depending on whether I choose the water or fire starter), Dragonite and an electric type, I usually choose Luxray :)
    For some reason I always have 5 in my team, never six.

I wish I could do that, I get wayyyyyyyy too much emotionally attached to my Pokemon, it's quite sad actually

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Haha I'm always thinking that too, except I have a irish/english mixed accent so it's really different .

How do they pick the teams for each grop?
    Oh yeah group b is quite good. I'd say Spain would be my second choice of team as they're great to watch. I could say England they're okay.

Teams were seeded and drawn based on ranking. However the host nations Poland and Ukraine were ranked 1st seeds so getting into either one of those groups would have given us a much better chance. We were 4th seeds.

Teams were seeded and drawn based on ranking. However the host nations Poland and Ukraine were ranked 1st seeds so getting into either one of those groups would have given us a much better chance. We were 4th seeds.

Maybe next time we'll be better whenever the next euro is on. I'm not sure how often it's on :S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Germany will win I think, very strong team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I've a swanna level 60something too! they're great until they go against electric.

Haha yes, electricity is swanna's ultimate archnemesis :L

Brilliant Apres Match if anyone was watching, ripped the piss out of Craig Doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Oh my god I had Yu Gi Oh cards too and I remember getting so excited the first time I got a Blue Eyes! :o
    Omg I used to win yugioh tournaments all the time, the buzz when you got the prize of cards :o I still have a commemorative Kuriboh coin from when I got into the top 64 at the nationals when I was 12. :D
    finality wrote: »
    My Pokemon in white version are really annoying. I need better ones, but I don't like a lot of the ones in this version actually, they're all weird.

I have swanna, boldore, throh, servine, munna. They're all level 30-something.

I basically need water, flying, rock, fighting, psychic and fire but I haven't found a fire Pokemon I like yet. Swanna is my favourite, a water/flying type is an amazing combination. :D
    Swanna is sooooo weak though. I way prefer white's Pokemon, I love Reniclus or whatever hes called :(
    I can't take you guys seriously when you say Arra. :pac:
    Wtf even is that, a battle cry? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I can't take you guys seriously when you say Arra. :pac:
    Hahaha, only the older generation say that really, and people from deep Connemara. I live close to Galway city so I don't have a bogger accent.
    I wish I could do that, I get wayyyyyyyy too much emotionally attached to my Pokemon, it's quite sad actually

Sometimes I'll give them nicknames if I want to get closer to them :P But I'm so unoriginal so it's always like bulby, charmy, squirty etc :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I've a swanna level 60something too! they're great until they go against electric.

Haha yes, electricity is swanna's ultimate archnemesis :L

Wait til you battle the electric gym leader. All those electric flying squirrels are such a pain.

Sudowodoo the tree is actually pretty strong. He nearly killed all of my team when I was trying to capture it. I always avoid the bug pokemon.
    My favourite bird is the Swellow I don't think it's in Crystal. Pigeotto will do :).
    I've still many to get. My old games I had so many collected.
    I've still never beat elite 4. I'm trying to be more tackle with my pokemon this time having a pokemon that could go against a certain pokemon type.
    Whats the best water pokemon?

Sudowodoo the tree is actually pretty strong. He nearly killed all of my team when I was trying to capture it. I always avoid the bug pokemon.
    My favourite bird is the Swellow I don't think it's in Crystal. Pigeotto will do :).
    I've still never beat elite 4. I'm trying to be more tackle with my pokemon this time having a pokemon that could go against a certain pokemon type.

I like Golduck or Gyarados! You should get Alakazam, he's incredible. His defense is really low so he'll die easily if hit by a physical attack, but his speed and special attack are immense so he always gets to go first and if you use psychic or something he usually kills them in one shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Wish I had a DS or something, last pokemon game I had was crystal :(. Need to get up to date with all these new ones :L

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

LADS, does anyone wanna have a battle on Black/White?!?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Hahaha, only the older generation say that really, and people from deep Connemara. I live close to Galway city so I don't have a bogger accent.

Sometimes I'll give them nicknames if I want to get closer to them :P But I'm so unoriginal so it's always like bulby, charmy, squirty etc :L

I called one of my Pokemon goatse.

roggenrola.jpg

I think it's a suitable nickname

I'm going to post my teams for the games within reach.

Platinum

Leafeon 100
    Glaceon 100
    Espeon. 100
    Floatzel. 100
    Vaporeon100
    Blissey. 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Brilliant Apres Match if anyone was watching, ripped the piss out of Craig Doyle

I liked how they kept mentioning broadband speeds. :D
    Hahaha, only the older generation say that really, and people from deep Connemara.

And me. :P Except I usually change it to "ara musha". :D

Patchy~ wrote: »

afterthe exams. =P

I like Golduck or Gyarados! You should get Alakazam, he's incredible. His defense is really low so he'll die easily if hit by a physical attack, but his speed and special attack are immense so he always gets to go first and if you use psychic or something he usually kills them in one shot!

Can't you only get Alakazam through trade? I have to find Golduck, or Gyarados. I'm not sure you can do that online lol. I might buy a ds still.

Is it worth keeping a Togepi pokemon?

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Ehhhh, yes?! :D

Hahaha well we all say it when taking the piss, but never seriously really! And we usually say 'arah shore musha'. :p

Heart gold, 6 from

Politoed 64
    Furret 64
    Meganium 66
    Ampharos 69
    Slaking 66
    Mamoswine 65
    Charizard 65
    Arcanine 64
    Dusknoir 64
    Shiny honchkrow65

Anyone have website to play one of the new-ish ones :L? Seriously feel like playing, and I wont' know any of the pokemon so it'll be like a child all over again!

Hayezer wrote: »
    Anyone have website to play one of the new-ish ones :L? Seriously feel like playing, and I wont' know any of the pokemon so it'll be like a child all over again!

http://www.playr.org/play/pokemon_-_crystal_version/1359/11353966#play

It's given me all your Pokemon and stuff :O? Don't wana mess yours up :pac: :P

I called one of my Pokemon goatse.

roggenrola.jpg

I think it's a suitable nickname

This is what the internet does to you.

I need to mix with your like in college, I want to pretend I'm a bogger too:P

I need to mix with your like in college, I want to pretend I'm a bigger too:P

Bogger?!

I'm not sure if I'd count as a bogger... I do live down some grass roads though. =L

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

Snip, wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Can't you only get Alakazam through trade?

Yeah you have to trade a Kadabra and then it evolves into Alakazam. :)
    Is it worth keeping a Togepi pokemon?

:eek:

Yes!! (Not really...) :P
    I need to mix with your like in college, I want to pretend I'm a bigger tootongue.gif

Ara shure all you have to do to be a bogger is shtick a few 'h's in all over the shop and shure you're graaand! :D And use some of this inshtead of a belt. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement