Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

M&S* wrote: »
    Haven't touched a music book in years. Probably because I don't even own one never mind have exam papers, how the hell am I supposed to study for this subject like?
    Yeah M*S what are you doing doing for Music? I kinda have to focus on Economics a lot, so i'm thinking of just listening to the Setworks every evening and just looking over some compositions/backing chords?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

M&S* wrote: »
    Haven't touched a music book in years. Probably because I don't even own one never mind have exam papers, how the hell am I supposed to study for this subject like?
    Yeah M*S what are you doing doing for Music? I kinda have to focus on Economics a lot, so i'm thinking of just listening to the Setworks every evening and just looking over some compositions/backing chords?
    Id also look at Irish music essays too as they are 2.5%! What pains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

finality wrote: »
    Yay German went perfectly. I figure I've got my course now with 5 subjects done, anything else is just a bonus from here on. Though I shouldn't take that attitude with my 3 most difficult subjects left to do... :L I have no motivation left whatsoever.

How much points d'you need? I'm trying to study for Physics but having the laptop beside me is making that difficult :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

If I appear on Boards again before 7pm, someone please yell at me to go study.

Merci. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Togepi wrote: »
    If I appear on Boards again before 7pm, someone please yell at me to go study.

Merci. :P

haha what subject/s do you need to study for? :)

i am waaaaay to lazy to start studying any time soon. :pac: blahblah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

How much points d'you need? I'm trying to study for Physics but having the laptop beside me is making that difficult :L

I'd say I need around 450-60. The course was 410 last year but it's definitely going up 25 as it requires honours maths and I'd imagine it's going up quite a bit.

I haven't looked at physics in weeks, serious cramming this weekend I think.

I'd say I need around 450-60. The course was 410 last year but it's definitely going up 25 as it requires honours maths and I'd imagine it's going up quite a bit.

Ara you'll have no bother getting that :P Physics could go either way for me, I've never really gotten higher than a B in an exam on it (C1 in the mocks) but I know I could do really well if I tried. An A1 in Physics would be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I'm the same. My course was 450 but I'd say it'll skyrocket this year. With 5 subjects down I'm almost 100% I have it. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Ara you'll have no bother getting that :P Physics could go either way for me, I've never really gotten higher than a B in an exam on it (C1 in the mocks) but I know I could do really well if I tried. An A1 in Physics would be amazing.

Yeah it's grand, it's a good thing I changed my mind about what I want to do because I don't think I'd get the course I originally wanted. Would've been counting on As in English and maths for that and I'm pretty sure I got B1s in both.

I got a B3 in physics and a C2 in chemistry in the mocks, hoping to bring both up to As. It's a lot to ask but I'll be positive until the exams at least!

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »

Only in Ireland can we turn losing 4-0 into a positive experience :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Meh German was ok prob got a C which is what I was expecting. Anyone have any idea if Biological and Chemical science will go up pointswise? Was 400 last year. Thought I'd get it no bother but im not so sure now, need to get my A's in Chemistry and Ag Science now :pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Hayezer wrote: »
    Meh German was ok prob got a C which is what I was expecting. Anyone have any idea if Biological and Chemical science will go up pointswise? Was 400 last year. Thought I'd get it no bother but im not so sure now, need to get my A's in Chemistry and Ag Science now :pac:!

Same. If I don't put the head down and get A1s in them I won't be going anywhere. Ag is a bit random though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Got up at 2.30 today, needed to make up for the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Same. If I don't put the head down and get A1s in them I won't be going anywhere. Ag is a bit random though.

I got like 480 in mocks, got complacent :/ English, Geography and Maths haven't gone to plan so I'm worrying. Biology and Chemistry, and someimes Ag, are generally my best subjects anyway so I really need to maximise them. New stuff comes up every year in Ag though :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Hayezer wrote: »
    I got like 480 in mocks, got complacent :/ English, Geography and Maths haven't gone to plan so I'm worrying. Biology and Chemistry, and someimes Ag, are generally my best subjects anyway so I really need to maximise them. New stuff comes up every year in Ag though :pac: :pac:

Yeah I haven't a clue about Ag. I usually just do all the Biology questions and make it up from there on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've had no internet for a week...I MISSED YOU ALL.

Anyone who does Physics, what's the important of the depletion layer in semiconductors? I know how semiconductors work and how the positive holes in the p-layer attract negatively charged electrons from the n-layer, but where does the depletion layer come into things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Anyone who does Physics, what's the important of the depletion layer in semiconductors? I know how semiconductors work and how the positive holes in the p-layer attract negatively charged electrons from the n-layer, but where does the depletion layer come into things?

e = mc²

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

It means forward biased current can flow while reverse biased current is blocked.
    It also means that a small junction voltage must be overcome before current flows.

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    It means forward biased current can flow while reverse biased current is blocked.
    It also means that a small junction voltage must be overcome before current flows.

Sound, just got to grips with it there now, a fella in the Physics B/A thread gave me some help me too. Thanks to both of ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I haven't opened a single book all day. Procrastination.
    I'll start tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I've had no internet for a week...I MISSED YOU ALL.

I got the ban for the week... it went by so slowly :( And I STILL got feckall done!!

But it's good to be back :D

Bubbleope wrote: »
    haha what subject/s do you need to study for? :)

i am waaaaay to lazy to start studying any time soon. :pac: blahblah

Just Phys/Chem, and then I've DCG Wednesday so I need to practise drawing for that. :o

Went over most of my definitions for Phys/Chem today, so I didn't do too bad, but it really shouldn't have taken me so long. :P These two subjects are two of my weaker ones, but looking at how I've done so far I could do with at least a B1 in both. :cool: Took up Phys/Chem this year, and almost failed the drawing paper in DCG last year, so I've a lot of work to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Whenever I start to get stressed..I just listen to a bit of Spanish music and everythings excellent for those few minutes :D Really works for me! :P
    I looooveee Spanish music :L

Just Phys/Chem, and then I've DCG Wednesday so I need to practise drawing for that. :o

Went over most of my definitions for Phys/Chem today, so I didn't do too bad, but it really shouldn't have taken me so long. :P These two subjects are two of my weaker ones, but looking at how I've done so far I could do with at least a B1 in both. :cool: Took up Phys/Chem this year, and almost failed the drawing paper in DCG last year, so I've a lot of work to do!

this probably sounds stupid but i don't actually know what DCG is!? :o i'm pretty sure we don't do it in my school.. :pac: what is it? :)

sure you'll be grand. the whole weekend at least to study well! :D

Bubbleope wrote: »
    this probably sounds stupid but i don't actually know what DCG is!? :o i'm pretty sure we don't do it in my school.. :pac: what is it? :)

sure you'll be grand. the whole weekend at least to study well! :D

It's the fancy new version of Tech Drawing. :P They changed the course a couple of years ago and brought in a project and stuff. The project's great, the rest, not so much. :P Hopefully! Have you got much left? :)

It's the fancy new version of Tech Drawing. :P They changed the course a couple of years ago and brought in a project and stuff. The project's great, the rest, not so much. :P Hopefully! Have you got much left? :)

oh right! :) haha all girls school i go to. O: they don't even give it as an option. :eek: oh well.. :L

i just have ag science and music left. :D kinda happy they're my last two cause they're the only exams i've actually been looking forward to. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Ahh it's just sickening the way so many of my friends are off now :( I've still 7 bloody days! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Am I the only one who just wants the summer holidays to drag on forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement