Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I challenge you to a duel, next week after the leaving cert!

Alright! I have to revise Chem and RE before that anyway.

Whoever wants to have a go against me, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

accounting makes me want to cry, i open the book get depressed and go eat chocolate instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

reznov wrote: »
    I challenge you to a duel! :P
    Cannot play MK9 online as my PS3 is jailbroken.

I'll get this thing running up sometime and I'll send you a pm whenever :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I'll get this thing running up sometime and I'll send you a pm whenever :p
    What about me ;.;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

BL1993 wrote: »
    Already have it. :)

Do you play Mortal Kombat or Fifa? :O

I'll play you in Fifa 11 after the LC if you want, or in Euro 2012 if your getting it. Just PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

You're all going to get freedom and stay inside playing playstation? :O I know as soon as I finish my time is going to spent between golf, gaa and copious amounts of alcohol! Why would you stay inside?! Do you not get enough at the moment?

RedTexan wrote: »
    You're all going to get freedom and stay inside playing playstation? :O I know as soon as I finish my time is going to spent between golf, gaa and copious amounts of alcohol! Why would you stay inside?! Do you not get enough at the moment?

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Yes because staying inside = being caged. And of course all of summer I will sit at home and play games. Not that there is 24 hours in a day or anything!

I'm dedicating at least 4 hours a day to sport daily over summer as a sign of freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Yes because staying inside = being caged. And of course all of summer I will sit at home and play games. Not that there is 24 hours in a day or anything!

I'm dedicating at least 4 hours a day to sport daily over summer as a sign of freedom.

First few days I will probably be in a self induced coma from alcohol, but after that I probably will spend alot of my days watching tv/playing ps3! I also wana try get back into running, kinda stopped this year, want a job too.

And I will gladly beat any of ye in MK after the LC :pac: :pac: :pac:!!

First week or two for me will be fairly relaxed TV/PS3/Sleep etc...but from then on I'll be doing a lot of exercise/weights and computer programming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Why would you stay inside?!

It's raining.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AH... the Simpsons always offer a chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AH... the Simpsons always offer a chuckle.

If that's you chuckling then I don't wanna see you laugh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Question for any of ye fellow chemistry people :
    How do you the water of crystallisation? Could anyone just give me the simplest method of finding it? Its only that part of the question I am stuck on! Thanks for any help :D

David1994 wrote: »
    How do you the water of crystallisation? Could anyone just give me the simplest method of finding it? Its only that part of the question I am stuck on! Thanks for any help :D
    Get the total mass per litre by the mass you are given at the start, subtract the mass of anhydrous sodium carbonate (you were probably asked to find earlier in the question) and that will give you the mass of water of crystallisation per litre.

First, discover how many grams of water evaporated/efforesced.
    E.g., sample was initially 6g, after burning became 2g. This means 4g of water evaporated.

Now set up a ratio:
    Divide the water evaporated by the final sample mass:
    4/2

Then set up a RMM ratio:
    18x/Total RMM of the anhydrous substance

Equate the two, solve for X!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Mornings are for outside. Nights are for copious amounts of Video Games and Computer time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

E.g., sample was initially 6g, after burning became 2g. This means 4g of water evaporated.

Now set up a ratio:
    4/2

Then set up a RMM ratio:

YOU ARE A HERO. This is a million times easier than what I used to do, I could never get it right. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Awh lads I'm wrecked!! Didn't get to sleep until after 3 and had to get up at 8 to go somewhere :/ and now the mothers making me study, bad times bad times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I actually probably would still stay inside most of the summer even though most would go outside.
    If I was going outside I wouldn't really be going outside as I'd just end up going swimming or to the gym which is still inside really.
    So I wouldn't be going at that much and maybe occasionally to town or cinema.

It is nice to be indoors and not have to worry about studying and catch up with shows , it's good to chill out :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Now set up a ratio:
    4/2

Then set up a RMM ratio:

Sorry but what information given in the question usually indicates how much water is evaporated?..Like the Q here says that there were 4.69 grams of sodium carbonate... I am not sure where you find the other figure to substract :P (Sorry if that makes no sense) !

Sorry but what information given in the question usually indicates how much water is evaporated?..Like the Q here says that there were 4.69 grams of sodium carbonate... I am not sure where you find the other figure to substract :P (Sorry if that makes no sense) !

The question will tell you the weight of hydrated sodium carbonate that was used. When you do the MV/n calculations you get the weight of actual sodium carbonate in that sample, which is smaller. So the rest of the weight is water.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Leaving cert is almost over, who is going to what college? DCU for me, convinced i have the 400 points i need! :D

Now set up a ratio:
    4/2

Then set up a RMM ratio:

Wow thats alot easier than the way we do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

All the time...
    tumblr_lkftghbGPO1qhhyg7o1_400.png

Hayezer wrote: »
    Wow thats alot easier than the way we do it!

Yeah well all of you owe me LC points! 10 points from each person will go a long way :cool:

Answer is always 10? Would be a nice experiment to come up

Leaving cert is almost over, who is going to what college? DCU for me, convinced i have the 400 points i need! :D

Trinityyyyyyy :) Hopefully anyway! It's my top six choices so I'd want to screw up fairly dramatically this week to not get in. (Although I've only three subjects done so it's still all to play for!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

UCD! DCU is so close to my house but tbh part of the turn off is that so many from my school go there...it'd be just the same people almost :| I'll probably end up getting the points for my course in trinity (languages) but I really didnt like the college and I hate how neglected their arts block is in comparison to their absolutely gorgeous science buildings and the nice side of the campus rather than the awful rocky arts side.

UCD is far away but its so nice! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement