Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Trinity for me if all goes well, but if not then it'll be Maynooth :) I'd be happy with either, happiest with Trinity though. Hoping to go into common entry science.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Leaving cert is almost over, who is going to what college? DCU for me, convinced i have the 400 points i need! :D

I've DCU down as my first choice but DCU is right across the road from me. It feels too close I might choose NCI instead if I get my first choice. I also might be going to college in England so I haven't got a clue what I'm doing :S. It's so hard to decide.
    I applied for computer enterprise and the nci one is business information systems :).

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

If I don't get first choice I'm repeating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I too will be repeating if I don't get my first choice, but I think I'll get it.

It's looking increasingly likely that I'll be repeating.
    Oh well. If I don't get at least 560 there'll be no point of going to college. Would rather repeat and aim for a solid 625.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I honestly can't imagine myself repeating - I can't do this twice, it'd kill me! - but if I don't get my first choice I'm going to be absolutely devastated. 500 points last year but gonna get bumped up with the bonus points...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

reznov wrote: »
    If I don't get first choice I'm repeating.

I got my first choice last year (just about). :pac: I just repeated for the Boardsie craic to be honest. :P

It's looking increasingly likely that I'll be repeating.
    Oh well. If I don't get at least 560 there'll be no point of going to college. Would rather repeat and aim for a solid 625.

I don't know if your being serious or not, is your course over 555.

Or do you just want to get over 560?

No way would I repeat, my 2nd choice was 100 points lower than my 1st last year so I'll be graaaand :P

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I don't know if your being serious or not, is your course over 555.

Or do you just want to get over 560?

I'm serious.
    My first choice is 590 (no way of getting it at this point in time), so if I don't get around 560 (2nd choice) there is no point of going to college for me as everything other than that course doesn't interest me and I don't see why waste time.

• Advertisement

I'm serious.
    My first choice is 590 (no way of getting it at this point in time), so if I don't get around 560 (2nd choice) there is no point of going to college for me as everything other than that course doesn't interest me and I don't see why waste time.

What on earth is your first choice?! :eek:

I'm serious.

I'm in a similar situation except points are lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I don't think I could bring myself to repeat but at the same time I don't want anything outside of my top two which are 455 and 440 respectively. Hopefully will get that.

Well originally I had medicine down on its own. Then I decided I don't want to do it, so I put down Dentistry. Either way, I'm not getting it this year. If in AUgust I have my sight set on it, I'll repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Well originally I had medicine down on its own. Then I decided I don't want to do it, so I put down Dentistry. Either way, I'm not getting it this year. If in AUgust I have my sight set on it, I'll repeat.

I'm the same, except my course this year will be in the low 500's and I need over560 to get my entrance scholarship! =P Fingers crossed everyone gets their first choice. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Trinity for me. I'd have to get minus points in the rest of my exams not to get it so I'm pretty happy. :L I'm glad it's not a really high points course, it would be so much pressure. 590 sounds horrific Reznov. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

finality wrote: »
    Trinity for me. I'd have to get minus points in the rest of my exams not to get it so I'm pretty happy. :L I'm glad it's not a really high points course, it would be so much pressure. 590 sounds horrific Reznov. :(

Congrats finality!

I also feel sorry for you Reznov, but I'm certain you'll get it.

finality wrote: »

It isn't horrific :D
    I don't mind repeating. I've learned every course and for next year all my work would consist of perfecting answers and polishing off my English essays.
    Sciences are all sorted, nothing new to learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Hey guys long time no post :P But I asked for a ban and survived 6 of the 7 days off :P (I didn't miss ye at all :P :rolleyes: )
    I missed culchie and pokemon talk :(
    Anyways exam situation has greatly improved with all of them being ok or better and no tears :') History surprised me and I think I did amazing :) so yeah only 1 left :D
    So what have I missed apart from like 50 pages :P ? miss me ? :P

frantic190 wrote: »
    I don't think I could bring myself to repeat but at the same time I don't want anything outside of my top two which are 455 and 440 respectively. Hopefully will get that.

Mine aren't the same points but same idea - all I want is my top choice but I just can't find the willpower to repeat.

• Advertisement

Hey guys long time no post :P But I asked for a ban and survived 6 of the 7 days off :P (I didn't miss ye at all :P :rolleyes: )
    Anyways exam situation has greatly improved with all of them being ok or better and no tears :') History surprised me and I think I did amazing :) so yeah only 1 left :D

Can't believe you missed the massive Pokémon chat! :( </3 But yay glad you're happier with your exams. :D When do you finish up? :)

NO ONE MISSED YOU HISTORYKITTEN.

GET OUT :mad:

YOU DITCHED THE BOARDS TO SUCCEED IN EXAMS.

Togepi wrote: »
    Can't believe you missed the massive Pokémon chat! :( </3 But yay glad you're happier with your exams. :D When do you finish up? :)

I know :( and in a moment of weakness I went on creeping that night and saw this mad pokemon chat .... betrayed </3 :P
    Thanks a million :) The ban off boards didn't make much of a difference though to the studying situation :L haha I finish Wednesday :D cannot wait :D Are you finished or ..? :)
    @Reznov I missed you too baby :P

I know :( and in a moment of weakness I went on creeping that night and saw this mad pokemon chat .... betrayed </3 :P
    Thanks a million :) The ban off boards didn't make much of a difference though to the studying situation :L haha I finish Wednesday :D cannot wait :D Are you finished or ..? :)

We had such steamy conversations via PM and then you ditched me. *cry*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

My course (Biomedical Science @ NUIG) was 515 last year, and I'm expecting it to go up by at least 10-20 points this year. I'm expecting to hit around 530, anything above that would be great, but anything below it would be worrying. I'm hoping if I don't make in first round I'll get a place in the second round offers due to people not being able to accept their places.

I'd actually be over the moon if I got the course though, it'd be so much better than doing undenominated science, which I'll definitely get because it was only 370 points last year... Now I'm worried I won't get the points :(... I should really be studying. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

You got me into Pokemon again with the Pokemon talk before lol :)
    I've been playing it all week and I still have one more exam lmao :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I could never repeat. I honestly thought I'd end up repeating after geography (if all of the exams were that bad I probably would have...) but like finality, I kinda needed minus points after a while to not get it (hopefully anyway!). It was 410 last year so I imagine it'll be 420+ this year but I can also get pretty much the same thing for 355 and just a bit of a heavier workload.

But repeating would kill me. I put in the work necessary for good grades and got them in the mocks but of course the LC was harder. :rolleyes:

Just dying for results day at this point, I really want to know what I got / if I got my course.

Aw, heart-breaking moment. </3 :P Ha yeah when I got banned I still didn't do that much study, totes awks. :pac: I'm finishing on Wednesday too OMG!! (I'm not allowed to say "snap" anymore.) :P Two more exams left, Monday and Wednesday, then FREEDOM!! :D

We had such steamy conversations via PM and then you ditched me. *cry*

You could have still PM'ed me *cry* :P I was only banned off this forum :P
    @Togepi Why can't you say snap ?! :O I love your "OMG snap" etc :P Freedom is soooooo close, yet soooo far :L :P

• Advertisement

My course was 475 last year, but with increased demand and the bonus for maths I'm expecting it to go up. My worst fear is getting something like 490 and not being sure if it'll be enough, and having to wait 5 days for the offers before I find out :( Or worse still, the cut off point being 490 but with random selection and then not getting in! I'm aiming for 500+, I just hope I get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement